Bit Of A Yarn

Jason Grimson wins appeal - brawl conviction quashed!

Chief Stipe

6 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Thank goodness for that.

Don't think any sportsperson anywhere (or supporters of those sports) would want an active participant 'Disqualified' from participating for a period,  because someone verbally assaulted them while they were out celebrating a winner/win with friends and family.  

Pretty sure that verbal assault isn't as bad as physical assault Gamma (especially a cheap shot)

But no doubt you'll disagree

16 hours ago, Michael said:

Pretty sure that verbal assault isn't as bad as physical assault Gamma (especially a cheap shot)

But no doubt you'll disagree

A physical assault should be a Police Matter. It is very serious. But is only pursued if one of the parties decides to continue with pressing charges . 

If No Charges are laid after an incident , then Why should the guy (or anyone) lose their license ? 

The 12 months thing was just horse-shit , and 4 months for young kiwi lad Jack Trainor ?? what  joke . just standing up for his mates.  

I imagine the fines, from the trotting body , are/were for bringing the sport into 'disrepute' or similar money grab words , for squabbling in a public place . (They should of confronted in a more private location would of been Way smarter IMO )   Feel free to disagree if you want 😄  . 

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

A physical assault should be a Police Matter. It is very serious. But is only pursued if one of the parties decides to continue with pressing charges . 

If No Charges are laid after an incident , then Why should the guy (or anyone) lose their license ? 

The 12 months thing was just horse-shit , and 4 months for young kiwi lad Jack Trainor ?? what  joke . just standing up for his mates.  

I imagine the fines, from the trotting body , are/were for bringing the sport into 'disrepute' or similar money grab words , for squabbling in a public place . (They should of confronted in a more private location would of been Way smarter IMO )   Feel free to disagree if you want 😄  . 

I never said that anyone should lose their licence Gamma so why would I disagree with you?

However your post seems to allege that Mr Grimson was initially DQ'ed because someone verbally assaulted him...." would want an active participant 'Disqualified' from participating for a period,  because someone verbally assaulted them while they were out celebrating a winner/win with friends and family"

I'm pretty sure his initial DQ (and now fine)isn't because someone said nasty words to him, it was because he hit someone

24 minutes ago, Michael said:

However your post seems to allege that Mr Grimson was initially DQ'ed because someone verbally assaulted him...." would want an active participant 'Disqualified' from participating for a period

That would be the initial FIRST action needed that has caused a set of reactions that have led to the Fines. Someone mouthing off Started It ? yes?

and that would be a sad state of affairs to have people disqualified for being Mouthy ? should of just joined the forum ? 😆😂

Did young Kiwi Jack Trainor retaliate with words or fists ?? his fine is 'smaller' it seems . Maybe not connecting well enough with words and air-swings lol.....  ?

where's the commentator when you need him ???? good money to be made by the club here . 

" And there goes the right hook ! " " a great attack coming in 3 wide" " The young lad is kicking back strongly on the inside too " that'll cost him . "But he's as game as they come " 

23 minutes ago, Michael said:

Something you should learn perhaps

Then your site might get more traffic, and more repeat traffic

No censorship here Michael nor do I complain about any minor slight directed at me.  On any other site you'd have been given the flick pronto.

Sadly it is an indictment of the tribalism rampant in society.  With the incessant desire to cancel anyone with an alternative opinion.  "He doesn't agree with me.....ban him!"

Back on topic I guess you consider it OK for an official to publicly bad mouth a trainer without any evidence?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

No censorship here Michael nor do I complain about any minor slight directed at me.  On any other site you'd have been given the flick pronto.

Sadly it is an indictment of the tribalism rampant in society.  With the incessant desire to cancel anyone with an alternative opinion.  "He doesn't agree with me.....ban him!"

Back on topic I guess you consider it OK for an official to publicly bad mouth a trainer without any evidence?

No, why would I think that's ok?

You seem to be really, really thick this week

Let me put it this way, if I king hit someone in the Pub and then get dragged into Court and my defence was "but Chief Stipe said it's ok because he was saying nasty things about me" what do you think my chances are of getting off?

Exactly

Try to read what posters are saying, not what you assume that they're saying and maybe you wouldn't be such a dickhead

Edited by Michael
  • Bad Post 1

51 minutes ago, Michael said:

Let me put it this way, if I king hit someone in the Pub and then get dragged into Court and my defence was "but Chief Stipe said it's ok because he was saying nasty things about me" what do you think my chances are of getting off?

Exactly

Try to read what posters are saying, not what you assume that they're saying and maybe you wouldn't be such a dickhead

Michael, enjoy your postings you are such an educated poster lol!

think you should have some respect for Chief, who gives everyone an opportunity to post basically what they want to say!

You dont have to agree with him, and to be calling him a Dickhead, is not very becoming of you!

Personally never met Chief, but his postings always seem well thought out and researched!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Brodie said:

Michael, enjoy your postings you are such an educated poster lol!

think you should have some respect for Chief, who gives everyone an opportunity to post basically what they want to say!

You dont have to agree with him, and to be calling him a Dickhead, is not very becoming of you!

Personally never met Chief, but his postings always seem well thought out and researched!

I thought you couldn't read my posts Brodie?

Caught out lying again?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Michael said:

Exactly

Perhaps some posters should be less equivocal in their postings.

54 minutes ago, Michael said:

I thought you couldn't read my posts Brodie?

Caught out lying again?

Probably had the Mikie option blocked Michael , and the Michael option still open for some group discussion. there's no lying mate. just people's opinions. (always the chance of BS ) 😄

My guess is the security guard was dragging the aggressor away , off , or trying to separate the duelling 'banjo's' ,, and a couple of swings were still coming in . Did it say if anyone needed Medical Treatment ?? If so, then you could press charges of assault I imagine?

If Not, and there's No clear evidence of who said what , or who swung at who , and who's Not playing 😆, then you just go home and get on with it (life)  the next day , don't ya ?? 

On 9/23/2023 at 2:16 PM, Gammalite said:

My guess is the security guard was dragging the aggressor away , off , or trying to separate the duelling 'banjo's' ,, and a couple of swings were still coming in . 

Well, according to the Inquiry transcript your guess would be wrong Gamma