NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Famous Racehorses Buried on Racecourse.

Chief Stipe

I was just having a discussion with someone on BOAY's personal message feature and the following topic came to mind. 

What happens to the famous racehorses buried on tracks that might be closed down and sold up? 

BOAY - can you name some?  I might be wrong but I think Kiwi is buried near the finish post at Waverley.

They snuck Bonecrusher into the ground at Ellerslie.  Not suggesting that that track should be closed down.

God knows what's been buried at Kumara particularly down the back straight.

27 minutes ago, Rowley Mile said:

The mighty Manikato is buried at the main entrance to Moonee Valley, it's lovely to remember him each time we visit, he was a true champ,he bashed up the best, year after year. To remember our lost heros is a nice human trait, like to think we'll keep doing that.

i can remember a well known punter left him out of all his multiples plus one other horse called private talk who was over a 100 to 1 in a major race at caulfield   manikato never ran a place private talk won he wasnt a happy man

2 hours ago, wally said:

i can remember a well known punter left him out of all his multiples plus one other horse called private talk who was over a 100 to 1 in a major race at caulfield   manikato never ran a place private talk won he wasnt a happy man

Yep, and that didn't happen very often, I think Manikato won 5 William Reid's.......and won up to a mile.....he was a super star.