Bit Of A Yarn

auckland mile racing

the galah

There 2 ways to look at the racing tonight

one is just back the horse you think will go to the front.

And the other is,what a bore the racing is up there and isn't it pretty  obvious some who drew wide weren't trying.

We just had another example of that.

All cashed up. The commentator,aaron white labelled it a certainty if it trotted. Well it did,but ran last. The horse who starts from 40m behing in stronger races,never tried an inch.I don't think i've seen onethat obvious for some time. 

To be fair,thesigns were there that it would happen. The whale seemed more cautious obviously recognising the driver b hackett is the one who drives them just to have a run and the tab had it at odds,which to be fair to aaron white did seem amazinging.Yet it was getting no major support despite the commentator naming it a certainty. 

Note to mr white,best not to say a horse is a certainty. All that does is get people to watch it and come to the conclusion that harness racing is not a sport where you should be investing on.

Also, no i'm not talking through my pocket.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

Just to highlight how the time tells the story about the trotting race i mention.

If the times aaron white stated are accurate,they ran there first 800m of a mobile mile race in 62.7 seconds.

Part of the perception problem up there is in that race,the wallis hackett team had 5 of the 9 runners.

In the next race,the race just run you had 3 employees who work at the same stable. One goes out ,trails the next one that comes around,who trails the next one that comes around.

Now i'm sure they were trying,but i'm also pretty sure had it been someone else coming to challenge for the lead the drivers would not have given the lead up.

I guess its just a sign that there aren't that many drivers anymore,and many of them are either related or work in the same stable.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2

The last race just run,and the only wallis hackett horse,driven by b hackett comes out and wins in a race where it seemed they were all trying.B hackett can drive ok when he wants to.

The rating 35,1 win dhoni trouble ran the mile faster than All cashed up,the 11 win Rating  82 horse had in its race.

2 hours ago, the galah said:

There 2 ways to look at the racing tonight

one is just back the horse you think will go to the front.

And the other is,what a bore the racing is up there and isn't it pretty  obvious some who drew wide weren't trying.

We just had another example of that.

All cashed up. The commentator,aaron white labelled it a certainty if it trotted. Well it did,but ran last. The horse who starts from 40m behing in stronger races,never tried an inch.I don't think i've seen onethat obvious for some time. 

To be fair,thesigns were there that it would happen. The whale seemed more cautious obviously recognising the driver b hackett is the one who drives them just to have a run and the tab had it at odds,which to be fair to aaron white did seem amazinging.Yet it was getting no major support despite the commentator naming it a certainty. 

Note to mr white,best not to say a horse is a certainty. All that does is get people to watch it and come to the conclusion that harness racing is not a sport where you should be investing on.

Also, no i'm not talking through my pocket.

One of the worst drives I have seen from a favourite in a long time. He would do a fair amount of time on the sidelines for that drive in Australia. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the galah said:

ALL CASHED UP(AUS) - hung inwards final turn before trotting roughly in the run home. When questioned regarding the performance Co-trainer/Driver B Hackett confirmed that he had encountered difficulty when attempting to shift wider rounding the home turn but was satisfied with the manner in which the entire finished the race off.

simone-facepalm-i-give-up-7t1xmwzgzy660tf7.gif

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2023 at 6:32 PM, the galah said:

Part of the perception problem up there is in that race,the wallis hackett team had 5 of the 9 runners.

This is ALWAYS gunna lead to problems. Too many stablemates (sometimes even 2) often leads to questions in a race.

Bernie has many trotters going around at Auckland , and its almost like a BEN YOLE Tassie situation (Tasmania where he sometimes has nearly the whole field of runners)  of whoever has the best draw wins the day .

Bernie is not that great a driver. Think I drove against him in the 80's and he never won a race for 5 years i think or something like that . must of been a weak field for him to win with Dhoni trouble lol...  I'd never back Bernie in a race .  Crystal going pretty good though. Back her ok 👍

• Like 2