Bit Of A Yarn

dreams are free

the galah

anyone watching today had to be impressed with this horses ability to be about 50m behind the field at start point ,yet still be able to get up and win in a race run in 2.55.38.

Now i'm sure the punters were very happy seeing that,given he was a $1.30 favorite.

But my question is,how much will it effect this horse long term.You don't see those type of performancers that often,but when you do, you often see in 12-18 months time,a horse with issues.time will tell i suppose..

the point i make is,yes it was a wonderful run by a very talented horse,but was it wise?My guess is no.

Edited by the galah

48 minutes ago, the galah said:

anyone watching today had to be impressed with this horses ability to be about 50m behind the field at start point ,yet still be able to get up and win in a race run in 2.55.38.

Now i'm sure the punters were very happy seeing that,given he was a $1.30 favorite.

But my question is,how much will it effect this horse long term.You don't see those type of performancers that often,but when you do, you often see in 12-18 months time,a horse with issues.time will tell i suppose..

the point i make is,yes it was a wonderful run by a very talented horse,but was it wise?My guess is no.

Massive run for technically an early 3 year old.

They went hard up front and Nathan Williamson just let the horse go its isn speed without chasing it up early on after missing going away with the field.

Only caught the field pretty late on and finished over the top with the last quarter in not much under 30 secs, which helped a lot for it to win.

Horse certainly has massive potential and no doubt will receive offers from overseas buyers!

Nathan Williamson is very skilled so will look after the horse if it stays in NZ.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Massive run for technically an early 3 year old.

They went hard up front and Nathan Williamson just let the horse go its isn speed without chasing it up early on after missing going away with the field.

Only caught the field pretty late on and finished over the top with the last quarter in not much under 30 secs, which helped a lot for it to win.

Horse certainly has massive potential and no doubt will receive offers from overseas buyers!

Nathan Williamson is very skilled so will look after the horse if it stays in NZ.

He has sold a few  horses for good money,but can you think of any that have gone on?

I personally would not be buying the horse that won today. I would think too risky an investment given the run it had tp put in today.

i'm not knocking his training or driving skills. Hes tops at both.

• Like 1