Bit Of A Yarn

Derby Day BOAY Comp results

Gammalite

About to jump at Addington . here's the competitors and their fine Pacing and Trotting Machines !!!

CHIEF STIPE   All the Number 1 's  + 11.Shephards Delight R1  + 13.Shez Bella R7

BLACKIE    All the Number 2 's  +  12.Jordy R1  +  15.Create Time R7

NOWorNEVER  All the number 3's  +  11.Aspiratinal Dream R4  +  16.The Ivy League R7

The GALAH  All the number 4's  +  12.JudyJ R4  +  11. RakNRuin R8  

The WOLF  All the number 5's  +  13.FlorencetheMachine R4  +  12.Raklou R8

BRODIE    All the the number 6's  +  11.Advance Party R5  +  11. Dalton Shard R9

WALT    All the number 7's  +  12.YouLittle Beauty R5  +  12.Who's Delight R9

GAMMA  All the number 8's  +  12.Gold Bullion R7  +  13.Franco Sinatra R9

The HORSEMAN  All the number 9's and 10's + 13.Amore Infida R5. 

Anyone wanting to comment about the racing today would be great !!! jump on in with Tips or any thoughts on the great racing action.

I think Chief has a good hand in the first with the Shephards Delight poking through from the 2nd row. Blackie could get a flyer from the 'good draw ' too with Commander Ben ?  

will pop Points up-date here after each race .

Have a great day !

• Like 1

Race 1 and it's The WOLF taking the early lead . Not with 'Lone Wolf' either . But with the Carter Dalgety horse 'Fernetti' .. I bet the Brodster wanted that one !! (with Carter driving) but has to settle for the 6 points for 2nd place instead. Sam Ottley looked home too. just pipped 

POINTS After Race 1 

The WOLF  8 points,  The Brodster  6 points,  The Horseman  4 points,  Chief  2 points.

1st 5   FERNETTI CARTER DALGETY FT - - 1.60 1.10
2nd 6   MAJOR TORQUE SAMANTHA OTTLEY FT   -   2.60
3rd 10   LONE WOLF SARAH O'REILLY BL   -   3.30
4th 1   TEMPO WARRIOR GEMMA THORNLEY FT    

Race 2 the 2 year old trot and Brodie puts the Hammer down by 6 lengths . !!

The WOLF was looking for the running double , but his Merc ran out of petrol and Brodster sailed on by to take out the first Group 1 of the Day for Diamond racing.

Brodie and the WOLF giving the field the slip so far ?? Chief muscled his way into 3rd place there.

POINTS After Race 2

The WOLF  and  The Brodster  both 14 points,  Chief  6 points,  The Horseman  4 points,  and   Blackie makes it on to the board 2 points.

1st 6   TYRON EROS JOHN DUNN FT - - 5.20 1.80
2nd 5   THE MERC BRAD WILLIAMSON FT   -   3.90
3rd 1   BRING ON THE MUSCLE BRENT BARCLAY FT   -   1.30
4th 2   TIME FOR VICTORY RICKY MAY FT      
  • Like 1

The Galah has the 'easy ride ' there with Marky Boy a sweet trail behind the stablemate Never Ever gunna lose that one.' 'We Walk By Faith' 'with the best in the country . 

Blackie 'held up on fence' in a 7 horse field had his Free Dreams of Victory dashed completely early on 😪 , but staggers into 3rd.  for 4 points  

The WOLF with another 6 points on the 'Hottie'  2nd in the 2 year old colts Group 1. He Gets a handy lead now  . 

POINTS After Race 3

The WOLF  20 points,      Brodie 14 pts,  The Galah  8 pts,  Chief  and Blackie  6 pts,  The Horseman  4 pts,   NoworNever  2pts.

1st 4   WE WALK BY FAITH (AUS) MARK PURDON FT - - 1.80 1.20
2nd 5   MAJOR HOT BLAIR ORANGE FT   -   2.40
3rd 2   DREAMS ARE FREE NATHAN WILLIAMSON FT        
4th 3   RAGAZZO MAJOR CARTER DALGETY FT      

Race 4 and it was Now or Never for NoworNever with Empire City . and it turned into Now.

He picks up the 8 points with a bold front running Win with the nice three year old filly trotter.

Phil Williamson showing his class preparing these trotters. Ricky May the surprise Group 1 Driver there for him ? 🤔.

The Wolf with 4 points in 3rd there continues to dominate the BOAY field.

The Brodster only 4th with Marky Boy so a lower than expected 2 points for that scored. 

POINTS After Race 4.

The WOLF  24 points,      Brodie 16 pts,  The Horseman and NoworNever  both 10 pts,   

The Galah  8 pts,  Chief  and Blackie  6 pts,   

1st 3   EMPIRE CITY RICKY MAY FT - - 2.60 1.40
2nd 10   LUCKY MUM ANDRE POUTAMA BL   -   5.10
3rd 5   PRINCESS SADIE MATTHEW WILLIAMSON FT   -   2.80
4th 6   HIGH STEP MARK PURDON FT      

27 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

The Galah has the 'easy ride ' there with Marky Boy a sweet trail behind the stablemate Never Ever gunna lose that one.' 'We Walk By Faith' 'with the best in the country . 

Blackie 'held up on fence' in a 7 horse field had his Free Dreams of Victory dashed completely early on 😪 , but staggers into 3rd.  for 4 points  

The WOLF with another 6 points on the 'Hottie'  2nd in the 2 year old colts Group 1. He Gets a handy lead now  . 

POINTS After Race 3

The WOLF  20 points,      Brodie 14 pts,  The Galah  8 pts,  Chief  and Blackie  6 pts,  The Horseman  4 pts,   NoworNever  2pts.

1st 4   WE WALK BY FAITH (AUS) MARK PURDON FT - - 1.80 1.20
2nd 5   MAJOR HOT BLAIR ORANGE FT   -   2.40
3rd 2   DREAMS ARE FREE NATHAN WILLIAMSON FT        
4th 3   RAGAZZO MAJOR CARTER DALGETY FT      

What a clever drive by mark purdon.

He knew he if he could cross the favorite that he could hand up to his stablemate, who would keep the lead and take him to the passing lane. He knew nathan williamson would either probably have to come and race parked or stay 3 back on the inside. Either way it was to his advantage.When nathan williamson stayed 3 back the inside he knew blair orange is so cunning that he would go as slow as possible so to help oranges chances by not letting williamson out.

and so it played out just as he planned.$65,000 for him and blair orange a $19,000 stake for 2nd. 

thanks for coming he would have been thinking.

I didn't back him myself,just admire those fellas driving skills.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, the galah said:

Yes I bet he would of liked to do the same in the 2 year old trotting fillies just then too. with Blair giving him cover with High Step coming around . But with Empire City and Ricky May having none of those shananigans , he controlled the front and won well. Marks horse surprisingly not 2nd in the end .  

Lucky Mum (North Islander ?) and Princess Sadie both running on very well in solid last half 58sec.

• Like 1

Half way there. The New Zealand Oaks is won by a nose by Telfers.

Mantra Blue was like a Sea-sick sailor and didn't want to Win It for Gamma . so 6 pts is all we get.  

It's NoworNever  again for 2 in a row and reeling in the WOLF is on his agenda.

POINTS After Race 5 The Oaks.

The WOLF  24 points,   NoworNever 18 pts,  Brodie 16 pts,  The Horseman and Blackie  10 pts,   

The Galah  8 pts,  Chief  and Gamma  6 pts,  Walt 2pts.

1st 3   AARDIEBYTHESEASIDE TIM WILLIAMS FT - - 4.20 1.20
2nd 8   MANTRA BLUE ZACHARY BUTCHER FT   -   1.20
3rd 2   KAHLUA FLYBYE TONY HERLIHY FT   -   2.00
4th 7   TREACHEROUS GALL CRAIG FERGUSON FT
  • Haha 1

BeachBall should of been at the Interdominion after his Nz Cup Placing, as could near of Won it  but chose this race instead so gets himself a Summer Cup I spose and a few bucks.

The WOLF is the 'Leader of the Boay Pack' and steals away by another 8 pts. Took the last number available too in the Lucky 5 barrier. Can he hang on ? 

NoworNever with 4 pts from American Me is the closest challenger .

POINTS After Race 6

The WOLF  32 points,   NoworNever 22 pts,  Brodie 16 pts,  The Horseman and Blackie  10 pts,   

The Galah and Walt and Chief  8 pts,   Gamma  6 pts

1st 5   BEACH BALL RICKY MAY FT - - 2.20 1.40
2nd 7   SELF ASSURED MARK PURDON FT   -   1.30
3rd 3   AMERICAN ME SARAH O'REILLY FT        
4th 1   HEISENBERG JOHN DUNN FT

Diamond Racing show their true Trotting Prowess with Sunny's Sister flogging the Boys in the Nz Trotting Derby just now at Addington. congrat's to them .

Was like watching old Sundee's Son bury them in spectacular fashion. 

The Queenslander a battling 4th , rightfully Not knocking off some of the world's best Trotting Trainers. Hope 4th paid enough for his trip though hopefully. gave it a go . good on em '

Chief takes the money there from the Pole with a Great John Dunn drive !!! well done Chief .

That man the WOLF zooming into 2nd , has the BOAY Derby field well covered . 6pts for 2nd.

POINTS After Race 6

The WOLF  38 points,    NoworNever 22 pts,    Brodie and Chief  16 pts, 

The Horseman  12 pts,  Blackie  10 pts,      The Galah and Walt and Gamma  8 pts

1st 1   SUNNYS SISTER JOHN DUNN FT - - 10.30 2.90
2nd 5   MELSADELE TODD MITCHELL FT   -   9.10
3rd 10   HIGH ENERGY MARK PURDON BL   -   2.20
4th 8   NOT AS PROMISED (AUS) NATHAN DAWSON FT

5 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Diamond Racing show their true Trotting Prowess with Sunny's Sister flogging the Boys in the Nz Trotting Derby just now at Addington. congrat's to them .

Was like watching old Sundee's Son bury them in spectacular fashion. 

The Queenslander a battling 4th , rightfully Not knocking off some of the world's best Trotting Trainers. Hope 4th paid enough for his trip though hopefully. gave it a go . good on em '

Chief takes the money there from the Pole with a Great John Dunn drive !!! well done Chief .

That man the WOLF zooming into 2nd , has the BOAY Derby field well covered . 6pts for 2nd.

POINTS After Race 6

The WOLF  38 points,    NoworNever 22 pts,    Brodie and Chief  16 pts, 

The Horseman  12 pts,  Blackie  10 pts,      The Galah and Walt and Gamma  8 pts

1st 1   SUNNYS SISTER JOHN DUNN FT - - 10.30 2.90
2nd 5   MELSADELE TODD MITCHELL FT   -   9.10
3rd 10   HIGH ENERGY MARK PURDON BL   -   2.20
4th 8   NOT AS PROMISED (AUS) NATHAN DAWSON FT

Yes sunny's sister's manners have come right when it counts.

The aussie went huge.

I think the race changed when tony herlihy overdrove his horse when leading. That i thought was unexpected and it meant the gaps would be more likely to come for those back in the field. It was an exciting race though with sunny's sister a worthy winner. 

2 hours ago, the galah said:

What a clever drive by mark purdon.

He knew he if he could cross the favorite that he could hand up to his stablemate, who would keep the lead and take him to the passing lane. He knew nathan williamson would either probably have to come and race parked or stay 3 back on the inside. Either way it was to his advantage.When nathan williamson stayed 3 back the inside he knew blair orange is so cunning that he would go as slow as possible so to help oranges chances by not letting williamson out.

and so it played out just as he planned.$65,000 for him and blair orange a $19,000 stake for 2nd. 

Well the all stars came unstuck in the fillies race.

mark purdon on his game,but sam ottley's drive madrid, seemed to be a sacrificial lamb.Thats the way it goes sometimes i suppose.

In the colts race you had 2 drivers who executed a bit of team driving that benefited both,which makes sense,in that race just run that wasn't the case.

Edited by the galah
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, the galah said:

Well the all stars came unstuck in the fillies race.

mark purdon on his game,but sam ottley's drive madrid, seemed to be a sacrificial lamb.Thats the way it goes sometimes i suppose.

In the colts race you had 2 drivers who executed a bit of team driving that benefited both,which makes sense,in that race just run that wasn't the case.

yeah they definitely tried it again. but a bit late in the race . How good was that winner ?? wow it zoomed away from them. Mantra Blue might have won like that too (if Butcher drove it like that ) 

The 2 year old fillies get the Job done in race 8 and the Duchess wins in a breeze.

Must of been 4 lengths in the end . Not Marks usual Group 1 Day lol ??  Only 1 so far ? 

POINTS After Race 8.

The WOLF  38 points,    NoworNever 22 pts,    The Horseman  20pts,

Brodie and Chief  16 pts  ,  Walt  14 pts,   Gamma and Blackie  12 pts,      The Galah  8pts.

1st 10   DUCHESS MEGXIT ZACHARY BUTCHER BL 4.00 1.60 4.20 1.60
2nd 7   TREACHEROUS BABY MARK PURDON FT   2.30   2.20
3rd 8   LOUIES GIRL CRAIG FERGUSON FT   1.70   1.90
4th 2   TREACHEROUS LOVE RICKY MAY FT

14 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

yeah they definitely tried it again. but a bit late in the race . How good was that winner ?? wow it zoomed away from them. Mantra Blue might have won like that too (if Butcher drove it like that ) 

The winner very impressive,but it was in the perfect position to capitalise on the tactics of the leader.Zac butcher bounced back to win that one. 

Mantra blue i think lost the race today by how z butcher drove it the week before.It couldn't replicate the same run this week.

I just couldn't understand what he was thinking last week.It had galloped in excess of 150m ,yet he still chased the field then drove it out hard to the finish and gave it a very hard run,only to be disqualified. This week was its big race,not last week. 

I know its easy just watching them,but i do think sometimes even the really good drivers make some strange decisions. 

Thats why blair orange and mark purdon are our best 2 drivers,they just don't seem to make mistakes.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

Merlin makes it a race to race double for Barry P and Scott P and is the Nz Derby Champion.

Mark beaten again. Thought a month ago Don't Stop Dreaming would donkey-lick them like AKUTA did last year. But with Akuta beaten in the Cup , and Merlin in great form too (owned by the ENTAIN CEO I believe)  is the DERBY Champion . well done Northerners to pull that off.

The Galah has smacked Brodster in the face there and takes the 8 points in the BOAY Derby.

'Blackie' driven hard , and whips cracking gets 3rd (and 'Sooner the Better' did too) 😎

the 'Wolf' continues his merry way/day with a 2 pointer for Jolimont a very nice 4th.

POINTS After Race 9. One to go.

The WOLF  40 points,    NoworNever and Brodie  22 pts,    The Horseman  20pts,

Chief and the Galah and Blackie  16 pts  ,  Walt  14 pts,   Gamma   12 pts.    

1st 4   MERLIN ZACHARY BUTCHER FT - - 2.00 1.10
2nd 6   DON'T STOP DREAMING MARK PURDON FT   -   1.30
3rd 2   SOONER THE BETTOR TONY HERLIHY FT   -   1.80
4th 5   JOLIMONT DAVID BUTCHER FT
Edited by Gammalite
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Can't catch the Wolfman today, just too good.

As long as I beat Gamma man, I'll be happy.

hahaha 😂 the Wolfman has cleaned us up good and proper .

i'm 100- 1 in the last on Eurocash and have put in a 'Howler' today . un-like the Wolf . 🐺

Blackie can cruise in anywhere with Harold and got me beat I think . Gamma score 🦆

• Haha 1

The NZ Trotting FFA completes the card. Mark a tickle lucky in it but got the job done taking cover then zooming the lane. 

Walt grabs the win in this race riding home with 7 Oscar B. 

1st 7   OSCAR BONAVENA MARK PURDON FT - - 1.40 1.04
2nd 5   MAJESTIC MAN BRAD WILLIAMSON FT   -   2.60
3rd 4   TIME UP THE HILL SARAH O'REILLY FT   -   5.40
4th 1   RESOLVE BOB BUTT FT      

FINAL POINTS for the BOAY Derby.

The WOLF emerges as the MaJestic Man in that for another 6 points to wallop the triers today.

Congratulations WOLF !🏆🍾

FINAL POINTS  Boay Derby Day Comp. 

The WOLF  46 points,        NoworNever and Brodie and Walt  22 pts,    The Horseman  20pts,

The Galah  20pts,    Chief  18 pts,   Blackie  16 pts  ,   Gamma   12 pts.    

1st                  
2nd                  
3rd                  
4th                
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 3

Just now, Gammalite said:

FINAL POINTS for the BOAY Derby.

The WOLF emerges as the MaJestic Man in that for another 6 points to wallop the triers today.

Congratulations WOLF !🏆🍾

FINAL POINTS  Boay Derby Day Comp. 

The WOLF  46 points,        NoworNever and Brodie and Walt  22 pts,    The Horseman  20pts,

The Galah  20pts,    Chief  18 pts,   Blackie  16 pts  ,   Gamma   12 pts.    

1st                  
2nd                  
3rd                  
4th                

but wait there's more....the siren has gone at BOAY. The committee (me) are looking into irregularities with WOLF. I understand an unnamed substance in a small bottle was found alongside WOLF with what appears to be a syringe. 

Good comp Gammalite. Thanks for your effort and will done WOLF!

Breaking news!! ...after the enquiry there will be no change to placings 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3