Bit Of A Yarn

Racing Victoria Handicapper vs Thomass

15 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Who said anything about consecutive results with matching horses apart from you??

Your matches could have been slowing down after an easy win...but you're too blind to see...

...and now you tell us those matching horses have the greater weighted horse being even more superior

...as if increased weight makes it even faster...

f me....go back to dunce class 

I haven't said that. I have stated that a variance in weight of 1kg from the first race to the second race (for the same two horses), had an average change in margin of 0.15L. If the weight variance went up, that variance is aligned with the margin variance accordingly. Not the "greater weighted horse being even more superior". The margin reduces if the weight variance increases, the margin increases if the weight variance reduces. Simple stuff.

I didn't mention anything about where Horse A or Horse B finished in either race. The sample is very suitable for assessment since it is constrained on the actual horses being compared. With a sample of that size with a random nature of which races may or may not be more suitable to either horse, the other variables don't need to be constrained. By virtue of the fact the same two horses are racing against each other in consecutive starts - over a large sample, will allow the sample to work reasonably well. And it is far better than a treadmill since a treadmill does not mirror race horse behaviour.

And the sample is also constrained by eliminating horses that finish a distance from the winner in either race). To eliminate a series of races skewing the results of a margin variance.

It's quite simple. Yet I'm pleased you can't understand or work it out. At the very least it shows just how little impact weight actually has on race results. 

Edited by mardigras
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, curious said:

Thommo, I'm an open minded character. Can you provide us some data set or evidence supporting your argument please?

This is the perpetual problem with him. He just writes a whole bunch of crap. Can never produce anything of any substance. And the same thing will happen in any other threads of like topics. No evidence. Just what someone told him and he believes.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, barryb said:

OMG are you for real T? You must be taking the piss surely?.

I have seen similar data to what Mardi is referring too & it shows exactly what he has stated.

My data is NZ/Aust only, Mardi's obviously has a wider scope than that and still shows the same results.

This is beyond you Bazz...

I use actual 'facts' like the drafting and weight studies to compensate...

...which adds to a superior performance quotient...

...You and the class clown couldn't recognise a no cover unlucky run if it hit you midships...

9 minutes ago, Thomass said:

This is beyond you Bazz...

I use actual 'facts' like the drafting and weight studies to compensate...

...which adds to a superior performance quotient...

...You and the class clown couldn't recognise a no cover unlucky run if it hit you midships...

No Thomass you don’t use facts, you use hearsay and ramblings of like minded miss-informed to turn myth into some kind of reality for you,

Its all code for the fact you lose and have zero idea how to win. Just admit you are a punting dunce and that you need help to stop constantly topping up your account

26 minutes ago, mardigras said:

This is the perpetual problem with him. He just writes a whole bunch of crap. Can never produce anything of any substance. And the same thing will happen in any other threads of like topics. No evidence. Just what someone told him and he believes.

Substantial studies by University Dons you fool...

But it just adds to an entire list of yours...

You know more than any Trainer...Pikey, Wheeler, Weiry, Haysy...

All wrong according to you

"Redzel would go just as well without Blinkers"

" prove Blinkers make them go faster"

Its a long sorry list of pitiful opinions based solely on your self opinionated sense of ...you know it all...while sitting in your soiled daks and dirty singlet

2 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Its a long sorry list of pitiful opinions based solely on your self opinionated sense of ...you know it all...while sitting in your soiled daks and dirty singlet

You discredit every post you make T by insulting when you are losing, try playing the ball rather than the man every time. Gets very tiring.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, barryb said:

You discredit every post you make T by insulting when you are losing, try playing the ball rather than the man every time. Gets very tiring.

No, what's tiring is that every study...legendary Trainers opinion, my learned opinion

...is all wrong...

Theres a word for that...it's a sickness called narcissistic PD

He should actually be banned by the Thoroughbred Industry for spreading b/s and misinformation 

Gerbals wasn't as bad...

33 minutes ago, barryb said:

Just admit you are a punting dunce 

Whoa!!! That’s the ultimate insult for any punter hopefully you only say it

ONCE!!

dunce
/dʌns/
noun
  1. a person who is slow at learning; a stupid person.
    "he was baffled by arithmetic and they called him a dunce at school"
    synonyms: foolidiot, stupid person, simpletonhalfwitignoramusoafdoltdullardmoronimbecilecretin;
    informaldummydumbodumb-belldum-dumclotthickheadnitwitdimwitdopedufferboobychumpnumbskullnincompoopboneheadblockheadfatheadmeatheadairheadbirdbrainpea-brainlamebrainjerkninnyassdonkey;
    informalwallynumptyberktwerptwonkdivvynitmugpillockwazzocksilly billy
    informaldoofusgoofgoofballschmuckputzbozobooblamerlummoxturkeywing nut
    informalgalahdrongodingbat;
    vulgar slangknobhead
    vulgar slangasshat
    "they all called him a dunce at school"

4 hours ago, Thomass said:

Substantial studies by University Dons you fool...

But it just adds to an entire list of yours...

You know more than any Trainer...Pikey, Wheeler, Weiry, Haysy...

All wrong according to you

"Redzel would go just as well without Blinkers"

" prove Blinkers make them go faster"

Studies that based on what you put up have zero relevance to the discussion. And you haven't produced the study for reading to see what they are actually about.

You keep repeating things about trainers as if the situation with them will change. Since I do know more than whoever those trainers are - about punting. A truck load more. That's why they train, and I punt.

I don't know it all. The credibility of my views on punting have nothing to do with my opinion of myself. Hence why I get sought out by professors such as this https://www.ntu.ac.uk/staff-profiles/business/leighton-vaughan-williams, to write for them.  

But one thing is clear, I do know a hell of a lot more than you are capable of learning about punting. You've proven that on this site with your repeated ramblings about things such as this topic, and stuff like down in grade, 3kg claimers in the wet etc etc. 

4 hours ago, Thomass said:

No, what's tiring is that every study...legendary Trainers opinion, my learned opinion

...is all wrong...

I am yet to read a study that supports your claim. But yes, any trainers that think the way you do on this topic are wrong. As are you. Try referring to actual evidence. 

8 hours ago, mardigras said:

Studies that based on what you put up have zero relevance to the discussion. And you haven't produced the study for reading to see what they are actually about.

You keep repeating things about trainers as if the situation with them will change. Since I do know more than whoever those trainers are - about punting. A truck load more. That's why they train, and I punt.

I don't know it all. The credibility of my views on punting have nothing to do with my opinion of myself. Hence why I get sought out by professors such as this https://www.ntu.ac.uk/staff-profiles/business/leighton-vaughan-williams, to write for them.  

But one thing is clear, I do know a hell of a lot more than you are capable of learning about punting. You've proven that on this site with your repeated ramblings about things such as this topic, and stuff like down in grade, 3kg claimers in the wet etc etc. 

It was nothing about the punt...

You said Pike was wrong saying the rail was off...Inness got it off the rail and won

Then you couldn't even understand Wheels when he said he'd had sprinters who couldn't get a mile...but could win over a Hurdle distance

Basic racing terminology that you were clueless about

..and then telling us REDZEL would operate the same without Blinkers

Nothing to do with punting...

Clueless arrogant fool

Walter Mitty you is...

8 hours ago, mardigras said:

I am yet to read a study that supports your claim. But yes, any trainers that think the way you do on this topic are wrong. As are you. Try referring to actual evidence. 

Drafting or lengths per kilo?  Provided both...

Were the NH Handicappers pissing in the wind when they took 1/2kg off 3yo's WFA allowance last year...to make older Horses more competitive?

That'd make sfa difference in your World...0.001L?

13 minutes ago, Thomass said:

It was nothing about the punt...

You said Pike was wrong saying the rail was off...Inness got it off the rail and won

Then you couldn't even understand Wheels when he said he'd had sprinters who couldn't get a mile...but could win over a Hurdle distance

Basic racing terminology that you were clueless about

..and then telling us REDZEL would operate the same without Blinkers

Nothing to do with punting...

Clueless arrogant fool

Walter Mitty you is...

Still going on about how you think I'm wrong. That's your opinion. You're entitled to it. Other jockeys the same day didn't get off the rail - and won. Does Innes know more than them?

As for Redzel, yep that is my opinion. It's not a fact as it's unable to be ascertained at this point. Equally, it can't be proven wrong.

It is to do with punting, since the points relate to what happens with a horse on the track. Where a trainer thinks blinkers will help. But they don't know they will help. 

And all of those points are opinion. An opinion shared by punters that I know to be winning punters, not losers like you.

You can't front up on any discussion with anything useful. So you have to continually write about my opinion being different to someone else's as if that helps your argument.

Your argument can't be helped, because it is wrong. 

24 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Were the NH Handicappers pissing in the wind when they took 1/2kg off 3yo's WFA allowance last year...to make older Horses more competitive?

Why. 0.05L generally is worth changing if they think it makes the right adjustment to a generic rule.

They likely make changes based on outcomes over a number of years. The generic difference between a 3yo and an older horse must have narrowed in their view. Good on them. That's what the WFA scale is about.

16 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Still going on about how you think I'm wrong. That's your opinion. You're entitled to it. Other jockeys the same day didn't get off the rail - and won. Does Innes know more than them?

As for Redzel, yep that is my opinion. It's not a fact as it's unable to be ascertained at this point. Equally, it can't be proven wrong.

It is to do with punting, since the points relate to what happens with a horse on the track. Where a trainer thinks blinkers will help. But they don't know they will help. 

And all of those points are opinion. An opinion shared by punters that I know to be winning punters, not losers like you.

You can't front up on any discussion with anything useful. So you have to continually write about my opinion being different to someone else's as if that helps your argument.

Your argument can't be helped, because it is wrong. 

This is hilarious stuff..

So all of your 'winning' punter mates think REDZEL doesn't need Blinkers to perform when the trainer knows he definitely needs them..even in training to make him concentrate...

What about BRAVE SMASH...was Bowman wrong when he said the horse would be better using them around the Valley...enabling him to race handier....

or would he'd have won without them on as well?

13 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Why. 0.05L generally is worth changing if they think it makes the right adjustment to a generic rule.

They likely make changes based on outcomes over a number of years. The generic difference between a 3yo and an older horse must have narrowed in their view. Good on them. That's what the WFA scale is about.

So you think a PIXEL and the expert NH Handicappers...many of them...

say a LENGTH....

...so they're wrong...because you're a PUNTER...right?

Edited by Thomass

19 minutes ago, Thomass said:

This is hilarious stuff..

So all of your 'winning' punter mates think REDZEL doesn't need Blinkers to perform when the trainer knows he definitely needs them..even in training to make him concentrate...

What about BRAVE SMASH...was Bowman wrong when he said the horse would be better using them around the Valley...enabling him to race handier....

or would he'd have won without them on as well?

Brave Smash would have won in my opinion. Funny thing about all these points, no one can ever be proven right or wrong. They can ONLY be opinion.

21 minutes ago, Thomass said:

So you think a PIXEL and the expert NH Handicappers...many of them...

say a LENGTH....

...so they're wrong...because you're a PUNTER...right?

No, if they say that, they're wrong because they are wrong.

Being a punter doesn't make it right or wrong. The massive evidence makes it right. 

Edited by mardigras