Bit Of A Yarn

Racing Victoria Handicapper vs Thomass

Boxie

I've come across about 300 stupid people. Many people. A very small % of the people I've encountered. You are the most stupid.

Someone called you a dunce. Very fitting.

Many relates to a number. Simple. It means a large number and its subjective. Its not a large number out of the total. Just a large number. Did you not understand the Oxford Dictionary definition? Clearly not.

If someone wanted to say 'a high percentage of', that's what they would say.

In your dunce world, if you have one apple in your hand and that is all the apples, you'd claim to have many apples. As I say, go and get an education.

People are likely not posting due to the continual diatribe highlighting something they already know. That you're thick. But I see you are getting as much support as usual.

If you can't comment on the topic, likely because you have nothing to offer, then go somewhere else.

You offer nothing to this site which was at its best when you went off for a sulk. Diddums.

Edited by mardigras

8 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Lets say you said 0.05L Impact would change "many races"

It would.

When I said many races, I didn't mention WFA. I'll let that slide. So even so, the number of WFA races in the NH runs into the many thousands. A number I couldn't count.

I didn't say over any timeframe. When they change the scale, that is in perpetuity until the next time it changes. Hundreds of thousands of races, many thousands of WFA races depending on when they next change it.

They run a high number of non handicap races every year. Not set weight races either. Many would be a good word to use there.

Additionally, why do NH handicappers know the impact and other jurisdictions don't. Are NH handicappers better. Since they don't use the same metric.

Why didn't the NH handicappers know it before given you said they are changing it?

Maybe they don't know much. Like you.

1 hour ago, mardigras said:

It would.

When I said many races, I didn't mention WFA. I'll let that slide. So even so, the number of WFA races in the NH runs into the many thousands. A number I couldn't count.

I didn't say over any timeframe. When they change the scale, that is in perpetuity until the next time it changes. Hundreds of thousands of races, many thousands of WFA races depending on when they next change it.

They run a high number of non handicap races every year. Not set weight races either. Many would be a good word to use there.

Additionally, why do NH handicappers know the impact and other jurisdictions don't. Are NH handicappers better. Since they don't use the same metric.

Why didn't the NH handicappers know it before given you said they are changing it?

Maybe they don't know much. Like you.

On 13/11/2018 at 10:52 AM, mardigras said:

Why. 0.05L generally is worth changing if they think it makes the right adjustment to a generic rule.

They likely make changes based on outcomes over a number of years. The generic difference between a 3yo and an older horse must have narrowed in their view. Good on them. That's what the WFA scale is about.

Edited by Thomass

So you can't even get your sorry story right...

Of course it was concerning the WFA races only...

Even the dullest dullard from Barryville knows when you state "many" it's in connection to the OVERALL number of the subject at hand...

"many" simply does not include a group amounting to 3%...

You've stated some absolutely ridiculous b/s over the years but this takes the cake

You could quite possibly have been correct if you'd said

"infinity is many miles long"

...because The human mind can't grasp the end concept of that scenario...

...If however we'd known Infinity went to say where the Camels were...that infected your ass...in the Desert...

...and 3% of Infinity went to the middle of your jacksey...that got bare faced walloped into the middle of the Tasman

...we'd be cooking with gas...

Doesnt the concept of Infinity make you feel even more insignificant in the scheme of things though?

19 minutes ago, Thomass said:

So you admit you were talking about the WFA scale now...

and that 3% of ANYTHING including INFINITY is SFA in the scheme of things..

...and 3% of SFA isn't "many" at all either....

I'm talking about how many races are potentially affected by 0.05L change due a handicap change. There are many races that are potentially affected run under WFA by a 0.05L margin change. Clear?

The % is irrelevant. It wouldn't be classified as 'many' if the resulting number was small. 

The only thing you got right is 3% of SFA isnt many. But 0.001% of a large number can easily be many. 

2 minutes ago, Thomass said:

So it can't be true that "many" of the WFA races that we're talking about will be affected by a pixel

3%...is sfa...but anybody who knows Racing knows that a pixel is very uncommon 

So they would have taken that as read

Thanks for clearing that up

Well I said it can be many. And I'm sure I'm right. I have over 20000 races that were won by 0.05L or less in my own data. Many of them WFA as that is what the UK run a lot of. 

I guess 20000 isn't many. It is a subjective term. Seems like many to me.

You're getting confused again..

We were talking WFA...and you confirmed that originally...even though you forgot...

Its very similar to Dirty Harry

"in that excitement...I kind of forgot myself how many bullets I fired...and you gotta ask yourself...PUNK...being this the most powerful handgun in the World...and it'll blow your head clean off....are ya feeling lucky...WELL ARE YA PUNK"?

Same with you punk...

A sub machine gun has 100 rounds....and you're told he has "many" bullets left...

...do you take the risk of running the turkey shoot...you being the turkey...

...and risk 75% of the bullets burning your ass..

...and then get told post buckshot in your ass...that it was 3 bullets and you got real unlucky?

well PUNK??

Edited by Thomass

15 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Game set match

Thank you linesmen/girlys...thank you ballboys/girls

Certainly is. Was a long time ago. Only you didn't realise how wrong you were and still are. You are 100%, the site clown. Everyone is telling you and you can't even understand how right they are. You post crap after crap after crap. You're an imbecile.

• Like 1

You are a very good example of the issues society faces by wanting to have people with an intellectual disability living in the communities as if they are able to function as a somewhat intelligent person. You get what we have here. You.

Try and learn something from the Oxford dictionary.

ADJECTIVE, PRONOUN, & DETERMINER

• A large number of.

as determiner ‘many people agreed with her’

as pronoun ‘the solution to many of our problems’
    ‘many think bungee jumping is a new craze’
    as adjective ‘one of my many errors’

Just for you, here's another one. I should be charging you a tuition fee, loser. Take special note of the forms 'many of' and 'many more' and note the equivalent use of 'a lot of' as in the way I have been using it. Enjoy loser.

many

1. 'many' used in front of a plural noun

You use many immediately in front of the plural form of a noun to talk about a large number of people or things.

Many young people worry about their weight.
Her music is popular in many countries.

In positive statements, 'many' is slightly formal, and a lot of is often used instead.

A lot of people agree with this view.
See lot

In questions and negative statements, many is usually used rather than 'a lot of'.

Do many people in your country speak English?
There are not many books in the library.
2. 'many of'

To refer to a large number of the people or things in a particular group, you use many of in front of a plural pronoun, orin front of a plural noun phrase beginning with the, these, those, or a possessive such as my or their.

Many of them were forced to leave their homes.
Many of the plants had been killed by cold weather.
Many of his books are still available.
3. 'many' used as a pronoun

Many is sometimes used as a pronoun to refer to a large group of people or things. This is a fairly formal use.

Many have asked themselves whether this was the right thing to do.

Be Careful!
Don't use 'many' or 'many of' before an uncountable noun, to talk about a large quantity or amount of something. Usemuch or much of.

See much
4. 'many more'

You can use many with more to emphasize the difference in size between two groups of people or things.

I have many more friends here than I did in my home town.
We have had many more problems recently than before.

Actually you're not an idiot savant are you??

One unique and very special genius trait...extremely arrogant in all phases of life trait perhaps??

Its certainly nothing to do with numbers...or English...not even as a 2nd Lingo....

If you'd said "0.05L would provide minimal results" instead of "many"

...Then readers would have been prepared with the "3% of " you hit them in the eye with a few posts later...