Bit Of A Yarn

Common-sense prevails! Kah charges dropped.

Chief Stipe

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Maybe comment when she gets beat on the hot pots….

So her winning rides on non "hot-pots" should be considered more or less?

Given that the "hot pots" are determined by form analyst punters such as yourself.

I've seen some of the "hot pots" she has ridden that were beaten and they weren't beaten on poor rides but poor efforts by the horse i.e. they were given every chance and didn't deliver.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, curious said:

The fact that trainers are even putting her on their "hotpots", however they run doesn't really align with the idea that her career is collapsing.

It isn't collapsing.   Considering the position where she started this season you'd have to be impressed. 

She is a very good rider and I put her in the same class as OP in terms of getting the most out of a horse without punishing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

It isn't collapsing.   Considering the position where she started this season you'd have to be impressed. 

She is a very good rider and I put her in the same class as OP in terms of getting the most out of a horse without punishing it.

Think OP can whack em' a bit harder Chief ?. he puts in some good aggressive rides. certainly knows what he's doing ok.

Jamie is super impressive in what she gets out of a horse. I'd rate her in the same boat as Natalie Rasmussen in the NZ harness racing ( at getting the job done with great hands ) .

Of course things can go wrong at times. Natalie last week had 3 drives for the night in the three Group races at Auckland , on 3 x second favourites. And ran 2nd last with all 3 of them . 😂 I laughed my tits off as haven't seen her caught out like that before. A great hattrick. I wondered if the career was collapsing ? but of course bounced back this week winning the Group 1 Sires Stakes Final at Addington. 

Can't keep these great horsewomen down for long. A quick break now and then to powder the nose and look beautiful and then it's back to the winners circle.

• Like 1

Come on Chief, you have  not mentioned her poor riding today at Doomben today? 

Had 1 hot fav win, which in all honesty would have won with me and you in saddle it was clearly that superior. She rode a horse called Acid Wash early on, poor owners, settled well back finished far too late, 2L from winner, wasn’t reading the track too well. Rode plenty of favoured runners for not much. 

Craig Williams, what a ride on Bella Nipotina, you can see clearly he went up to win easily, horse peaked a little so sat and really asked for effort couple strides from post, only reason it won. Kah went too early with Chain Of Lightning, 

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

She rode a horse called Acid Wash early on, poor owners, settled well back finished far too late, 2L from winner, wasn’t reading the track too well.

Acid Wash was paying $21's.  Essentially finished where the book said it would finish.

What's more it raced to it's normal pattern.  I guess you expected her to ride it upside down.  Hint:  most horses unless they are very very good don't like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Acid Wash was paying $21's.  Essentially finished where the book said it would finish.

What's more it raced to it's normal pattern.  I guess you expected her to ride it upside down.  Hint:  most horses unless they are very very good don't like that.

What nonsense, who cares what a horse is paying, the horse raced very well and with a proper ride would have paid a Div. 

Same as Williams ride on Bezique, nearly pulled off an upset with a great ride. 

14 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

What nonsense, who cares what a horse is paying, the horse raced very well and with a proper ride would have paid a Div. 

I just watched the race and I'm not sure you did.

It was slow away and settled back 3 wide with cover.  No chance of improving from there early as it would have had to go four or more wide to do so.  Kah settled it beautifully which is one of her skills.

When Kah went to move on straightening the horse kept laying in and wouldn't come out.

The horse that won the race, Amur came from behind Acid Wash.  So who wasn't reading the track very well other than yourself?

Watch the replay.  

Seems there was good reason for Acid Wash not getting a better position early.  Kah and horse lucky not to hit turf.  Perhaps a lesser rider might have fallen.  I imagine Kah used her considerable skill to rebalance and settle the horse.  Perhaps though the interference was the reason it lay in when she tried to improve in the straight. 

ACID WASH – Leaving the 1200m, clipped the heels of ABOUNDING and blundered. Jockey M. Harley the rider of ABOUNDING, pleaded guilty to a charge of careless riding pursuant to AR 131(a) in that in the vicinity of the 1200m, allowed his mount to shift in when insufficiently clear of ACID WASH, and as a result of this shift ACID WASH clipped heels and blundered. Jockey M. Harleys licence to ride in races was suspended for a period of 9 days commencing midnight the 19th of May 2024 and concluding midnight the 28th of May 2024. Held up for clear running from the 300m until approaching the 100m. Passing the 150m, was obliged to restrain off the heels of CHRYSAOR. Raced wide with cover for the majority.

• Haha 1

Seems Kahs favoured ride in race 4 had an excuse too.  I won't bother posting the video because you obviously didn't notice the horse didn't travel early and struggled late.

DENY KNOWLEDGE (IRE) – Laid out in the early stages. Jockey J. Kah reported that in her opinion DENY KNOWLEDGE (IRE) travelled well during the early and middle stages, however, was under pressure from the 600m and attributed the disappointing performance to today’s racing surface. A post-race veterinary examination revealed no apparent abnormalities. Trainer M. Kent stated that he agreed with comments of Jockey J. Kah and would report back to Stewards on the condition of the mare in the coming days.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Craig Williams, what a ride on Bella Nipotina, you can see clearly he went up to win easily, horse peaked a little so sat and really asked for effort couple strides from post, only reason it won. Kah went too early with Chain Of Lightning, 

I don't know what else Jamie Kah was supposed to do on the grey horse as it was travelling so well, and probably not quite the class of the first two.

Craig Williams outrode them, I thought.  Interesting no one mentioned the ordinary ride by James McDonald on I Wish I Win, narrowly beaten.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Special Agent said:

I don't know what else Jamie Kah was supposed to do on the grey horse as it was travelling so well, and probably not quite the class of the first two.

She had no option but to move off the fence.  Chain of Lightening wasn't going that well - never hit the front at any stage - had every chance.  @Newmarket watches races through his wallet.

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I just watched the race and I'm not sure you did.

It was slow away and settled back 3 wide with cover.  No chance of improving from there early as it would have had to go four or more wide to do so.  Kah settled it beautifully which is one of her skills.

When Kah went to move on straightening the horse kept laying in and wouldn't come out.

The horse that won the race, Amur came from behind Acid Wash.  So who wasn't reading the track very well other than yourself?

Watch the replay.

Yes, a big run by winner that come from last, but if she had got going earlier wouldn’t have got boxed in early in straight. Hopefully she continues to watch better jockeys and will learn in the future

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Yes, a big run by winner that come from last, but if she had got going earlier wouldn’t have got boxed in early in straight. Hopefully she continues to watch better jockeys and will learn in the future

Didnt you read the Stewards report?  Suggest you watch the race again she tried to move the horse out but it wouldn't move.

As I said before you need to brush up on your race reading skills.  

As @Special Agent said you are very quiet on JMac's ride and the rides of a few top jocks who didn't actually get a win at Doomben yesterday.

If you can't overcome your predetermined bias and eliminate emotion from your analysis then you are going to struggle on the punt.  But that's OK ENTAIN loves you.

5 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Of course @Newmarket you don't mention this win yesterday.

Beautiful ride, horse jumped, fought a bit but Kah with those soft hands got it to settle, cuddled it up in a nice trail one out one back and went whoosh at the right time.

Well I did mention it on earlier post, I said horse was so superior it could have won with the both of us on it. 
Yes, fell into a nice position, leader run them along, horse did the rest. 

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Didnt you read the Stewards report?  Suggest you watch the race again she tried to move the horse out but it wouldn't move.

As I said before you need to brush up on your race reading skills.  

As @Special Agent said you are very quiet on JMac's ride and the rides of a few top jocks who didn't actually get a win at Doomben yesterday.

If you can't overcome your predetermined bias and eliminate emotion from your analysis then you are going to struggle on the punt.  But that's OK ENTAIN loves you.

You don’t get it do you, I had a very good day on the punt yesterday, eliminating some horses/ jockeys that I think are well unders. Kah popped up a bit on some of her favoured runners, but others too. 

Until next weekend Chief…. No doubt if she wins a couple at some stage, you will give her a plug….

On 19/05/2024 at 3:39 PM, Newmarket said:

Well I did mention it on earlier post, I said horse was so superior it could have won with the both of us on it. 
Yes, fell into a nice position, leader run them along, horse did the rest. 

Right so Kah can't win can she?  If the horse is well ridden and wins its the horse that did it and anyone could have ridden it.

If the horse gets skittled early and Kah recovers but the horse won't move out when she reins it to its Kahs fault.

Just keep banging on and on being a knocker and don't back her ever again.

Geez you must have a lot of time on your hands if you can sit their analysing all her rides.  Actually you don't really do that do you?

I gather your hobby is trying to knock down tall poppies.

• Bad Post 1

48 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Hey Chief, any idea why Jamie not riding today at Doomben? Was initially down to ride Hezashocker, but change rider. Hope she is ok

I'm sure you'll let us know when you know and you won't hesitate to put the boot in.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I'm sure you'll let us know when you know and you won't hesitate to put the boot in.

Whoa… that’s harsh, I have no idea where she is, just asking you as your no 1 fan. 

56 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Whoa… that’s harsh, I have no idea where she is, just asking you as your no 1 fan. 

It's not harsh it's a fair description of your posts on Kah.

I wouldn't know who her No1 fan was - probably her mother.