Bit Of A Yarn

Common-sense prevails! Kah charges dropped.

5 hours ago, Special Agent said:

Granted, it helps when they are trained properly.

So it's the trainer's merit when the horse wins but the Jockey's fault when it loses?

Given that Kah rides for some of most successful trainers in Australia I find it hard to believe they get it wrong that often.

32 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

So it's the trainer's merit when the horse wins but the Jockey's fault when it loses?

Given that Kah rides for some of most successful trainers in Australia I find it hard to believe they get it wrong that often.

Come on…. If a jockey rides a horse perfectly and it loses, obviously not jockeys fault. 
If a horse is unlucky and jockey stuffs up, jockeys fault. 

if a horse wins, clearly better than rest of field regardless how ridden… that’s how I see Kah at times, just my view

23 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Come on…. If a jockey rides a horse perfectly and it loses, obviously not jockeys fault. 
If a horse is unlucky and jockey stuffs up, jockeys fault. 

if a horse wins, clearly better than rest of field regardless how ridden… that’s how I see Kah at times, just my view

You just contradicted yourself.  

Just now, Special Agent said:

I have no problem with Jamie Kah's riding.  I'd say she's riding for top stables because she is winning and she's winning because she is riding for the top stables.

Very rarely do you see her make a huge error in judgement on the track.

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Very rarely do you see her make a huge error in judgement on the track.

Todays the Day Chief. (not for error but for heaps more wins )

Jamie gone home to her home State to ride today . Gunna ride the QUADDIE i'd say.

She's absolutely got an Imperatriz wing on both Jockey boots and is killing it.

FANTASTIC Ride on Meridius just then in the CS Hayes , and not long to the Adelaide Cup now.

No matter how you map it she'll be winning with THE MAP in about half an hour in the Cup.

Get all your Ellerslie money on it now mate 😁 . KAH-Ching  💰Kah Ching 💰

29 minutes ago, Special Agent said:

Not many.

Not many riders finishing in front of her today either. 

Having a ball at her old stamping ground of Morphettville.  37 degrees there today too.

Zac Spain went 2000m with no Irons in the Adelaide Cup after one broke a lap out. Was a jolly good effort and ran 4th !! fantastic bit of riding under trying circumstances. Never seen anything like it. 

23 minutes ago, Special Agent said:

Here come all the "I remember when" comments.

Laura Tunnell was pretty spectacular in the Great Northern hurdles.

Well that is just next level 'Spectacular' ! thanks for the nomination of that one . amazing effort by that young lady .... here's a snippet >>

GUTSY Wanganui jockey Laura Tunnell was nursing a bruised, swollen knee at home yesterday after her incredible journey to win New Zealand's richest hurdle race.
The 22-year-old guided her old mate Starbo to victory in the $70,000 Lindauer Great Northern Hurdles, literally with a leg in the air.
With a round to go of the 4190-metre journey, the leathers holding her right stirrup iron came loose and dangled under the horse's belly for almost 2000m.
With just one foot in a stirrup, Tunnell gripped hard with her right knee to stay aboard and finish the race.
Safely over the last fence, Tunnell urged Starbo between horses to get up and win by a long neck in one of the most incredible rides in history and against what experts were calling the strongest northern field ever.
Racing scribes were immediately calling on every superlative known to describe Tunnell's gutsy effort.

• Champ Post 1