Bit Of A Yarn

Common-sense prevails! Kah charges dropped.

45 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Let’s see who is right, your obviously infatuated with her….

But I will say her career has well and truly peaked, all downhill from here. Australian trainers and owners want results

Really?  She's coming back from a serious injury.  Still has the support of all the major trainers and stables.  Is fourth on the Victorian Metro premiership and is close to $4m in stakes and only 5 months into the year.

I'm not infatuated with her but recognise she is still a very talented jockey and you are an amateur tall poppy slayer.

'never aware of the video being taken or that it would subsequently reach the public eye and as such could not be found guilty of the charge.'

This is a most spurious defence...which ever way you look at things...remarkable.

I am on camera ...say..shoplifting,but didn't realise I would be subject to scrutiny...very good..Not Guilty ..then.😆

9 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

'never aware of the video being taken or that it would subsequently reach the public eye and as such could not be found guilty of the charge.'

This is a most spurious defence...which ever way you look at things...remarkable.

I am on camera ...say..shoplifting,but didn't realise I would be subject to scrutiny...very good..Not Guilty ..then.😆

Is there a point in your post?  

That aside what would she have been guilty of?

As for your shop lifting analogy feel free to do it in your own home.

40 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

The point is(sledgehammer required)..I wouldn't have done it..if I knew I would get...caught

.😁

But what did she do?  Allegedly brought racing into disrepute while in a private location.  But she didn't do that did she because she didn't publish the video/pictures.  Even Kah has a right to privacy.

Hence the right decision was made - charges dropped against Kah and the culprit charged and convicted.

End of story. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jamie Kah has been booked to partner Packing Treadmill in the Group One Centenary Sprint Cup (1,200m) later this month

by Sam Agars

on Thursday, January 11, 2024 9:24 AM

Francis Lui Kin-wai has booked star Australian jockey Jamie Kah to partner improving speedster Packing Treadmill in the Group One Centenary Sprint Cup (1,200m) later this month.

Kah will return to Sha Tin almost a year to the day since she snared the Classic Mile aboard Voyage Bubble for Ricky Yiu Poon-fai.

“The owner [Edmond Lee Man-bun] suggested Jamie and she will ride him on January 28,” Lui said.

After a strong showing in the Group Three Bauhinia Sprint Trophy (1,000m) on the weekend, Packing Treadmill is set to lock horns with the brilliant Lucky Sweynesse.

• Champ Post 1

24 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Marketing the race meeting.

You may notice the Karaka millions entices 'name ' jockeys to participate.

Similar to appearance money for players at tennis tournaments.

LOL nothing to do with the skill level of the Jockeys relative to what's available locally?

3 hours ago, curious said:

Jamie Kah has been booked to partner Packing Treadmill in the Group One Centenary Sprint Cup (1,200m) later this month

by Sam Agars

on Thursday, January 11, 2024 9:24 AM

Francis Lui Kin-wai has booked star Australian jockey Jamie Kah to partner improving speedster Packing Treadmill in the Group One Centenary Sprint Cup (1,200m) later this month.

Kah will return to Sha Tin almost a year to the day since she snared the Classic Mile aboard Voyage Bubble for Ricky Yiu Poon-fai.

“The owner [Edmond Lee Man-bun] suggested Jamie and she will ride him on January 28,” Lui said.

After a strong showing in the Group Three Bauhinia Sprint Trophy (1,000m) on the weekend, Packing Treadmill is set to lock horns with the brilliant Lucky Sweynesse.

Maybe connections saw the pic with the white stuff and think it should be fun having her over? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 31/12/2023 at 2:49 PM, Newmarket said:

Let’s see who is right, your obviously infatuated with her….

But I will say her career has well and truly peaked, all downhill from here. Australian trainers and owners want results

Remind me not to follow your tips.  Kah fourth on the Vic Metro Premiership and picks up Grp1 win number 10 yesterday.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Special Agent said:

Oh dear.  Jockey bashing.  Only the horse is good.

Why can't jockeys get credit when due?  Jamie Kah's stats look pretty solid and horses seem to run for her.

Your opinion. Some jockeys ride poorly yet horse still wins. 

On 25/02/2024 at 6:29 PM, Chief Stipe said:

So Kah rides poorly in your opinion?

I didn’t say that, but yes I think she is very overated. The horse she rode last Sat-  Hayasugi to win was a very good performance. For mine the ride was nothing special, yet the horse put in a huge performance to get up in the line, any other better than average jockey would have won on it also. 

Look at Craig Williams, he is fantastic winning races by small margins while giving horses the perfect runs. Fine line between winning and losing, 

10 hours ago, Newmarket said:

I didn’t say that, but yes I think she is very overated. The horse she rode last Sat-  Hayasugi to win was a very good performance. For mine the ride was nothing special, yet the horse put in a huge performance to get up in the line, any other better than average jockey would have won on it also. 

Look at Craig Williams, he is fantastic winning races by small margins while giving horses the perfect runs. Fine line between winning and losing, 

Yet Kah has more Metro wins than Williams this season and a better strike rate. 

• Haha 1

On 27/02/2024 at 6:56 AM, Chief Stipe said:

Yet Kah has more Metro wins than Williams this season and a better strike rate. 

That means nothing does it…. Forget strike rates coz as I have mentioned before the top jockeys get the pick of the stable rides and mostly are short priced favs…. Look for jockeys that position a horse very well during the race, either on the speed or back, just because a horse doesn’t win you might not say the ride was bad. 
Anyway, if your comparing Williams with Kah then I have nothing to add here….