NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

~Happy New Year...new Govt starts 2024...with more..

16 hours ago, the galah said:

I like it.The three wise men who have traveled from afar. Brought together ,not by christ,but by bit of a yarn. Who would have thought that...... Then again,maybe that might be overtstating it.

We will be on the right side of history Galah, of that i'm sure. Murdering Women and Children, attacking Hospitals, Schools, places of Worship, Refugee camps with bombs, missiles, white phosphorus munitions, not to mention tanks, bullets, gunboats and starvation, all this on a trapped defenceless civilian population. This genocide is being carried out by cowardly Jews that come from USA/EUROPE, dual passport holders that can escape back to their country of origin if it all goes belly up. These cowardly Zionists have no place in Palestine. Its rather amazing really when you think about it, the very people that had genocide holocaust committed against them are now doing it to another race of people. And to think we as a nation are supporting this slaughter.

3 hours ago, aquaman said:

We will be on the right side of history Galah, of that i'm sure. Murdering Women and Children, attacking Hospitals, Schools, places of Worship, Refugee camps with bombs, missiles, white phosphorus munitions, not to mention tanks, bullets, gunboats and starvation, all this on a trapped defenceless civilian population. This genocide is being carried out by cowardly Jews that come from USA/EUROPE, dual passport holders that can escape back to their country of origin if it all goes belly up. These cowardly Zionists have no place in Palestine. Its rather amazing really when you think about it, the very people that had genocide holocaust committed against them are now doing it to another race of people. And to think we as a nation are supporting this slaughter.

Are you Antisemitic?  If so you will be once again on the wrong side of history.   

Of course in your post you write nothing of the Hamas atrocities that started this latest conflict.

I guess you support the cowardly bustards using women and children as shields.

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Are you Antisemitic?  If so you will be once again on the wrong side of history.   

Of course in your post you write nothing of the Hamas atrocities that started this latest conflict.

I guess you support the cowardly bustards using women and children as shields.

I'v told you before, i'm not debating with you. You clearly have your beliefs as I have mine. My conscience is clear on this matter. Anyway my response was to Galah.

13 hours ago, aquaman said:

i can understand why you say that,but personally find the whole thing a bit surreal and hard to get a handle on.

so much history,so complicated,each side placing self interest above everything else. I suppose thats how things work though and its the innocent who have no control over these things who pay the heaviest price,as always.

i have followed it and it seems the timing of the hamas attacks was related to israel making recent peace deals with other arab countries without having to make concessions in its conflict with the palestinians in those deals. Seems they have been negotiating along those lines recently with saudi arabia,irans arch enemy. So it seems the hamas attacks were a way of derailing those agreements.

Lets face it,its not Israels fault for trying to want more stability defence wise in the region.

I read a poll recently,and i have just looked at it again and took a few notes which i think are interesting in helping understand it all.

The poll was of people who live in gaza and the west bank and was taken just a couple of months ago.

heres some things the poll said which you may find interesting.

Support for hamas,the ruling party in gaza,spikes during armed conflict,but even now most palestinians do not back hamas. Gaza residents are more critical of hamas than those in the west bank.44% in the west bank support hamas and 42% in gaza.

But depsite all that,57% in gaza and 82% in the west bank believe hamas was justified in lauching the october attacks on israel.

A large majority believed hamas claims that the attack was to defend a major islamic shrine in jerusalem against jewish extremists and to win the release of palestinian prisoners.

Only 10 % believed hamas had commited war crimes in israel,although the majority had not seen the videos.

Seems the palestinian media have fixated on the war in gaza and the suffering of civilians while giving little coverage of the results of the hamas attack.

The poll found the level of anti america/anti west was huge,driven by what they viewed america and the west were allowing to be done in gaza.

They haven't had elections since 2007 in gaza or the west bank and the palestinian authority don't have the same goals as hamas.It was 2007 that hamas gained control of gaza. The Palestinian authority used to run both the west bank and gaza until 2007.The PA have been heavily criticised for working with israel in coordinating security in the region.

So it all appears Israel will be stuck with running gaza when this latest conflict ends. 

Edited by the galah
  • Champ Post 1

8 hours ago, the galah said:

i can understand why you say that,but personally find the whole thing a bit surreal and hard to get a handle on.

so much history,so complicated,each side placing self interest above everything else. I suppose thats how things work though and its the innocent who have no control over these things who pay the heaviest price,as always.

i have followed it and it seems the timing of the hamas attacks was related to israel making recent peace deals with other arab countries without having to make concessions in its conflict with the palestinians in those deals. Seems they have been negotiating along those lines recently with saudi arabia,irans arch enemy. So it seems the hamas attacks were a way of derailing those agreements.

Lets face it,its not Israels fault for trying to want more stability defence wise in the region.

I read a poll recently,and i have just looked at it again and took a few notes which i think are interesting in helping understand it all.

The poll was of people who live in gaza and the west bank and was taken just a couple of months ago.

heres some things the poll said which you may find interesting.

Support for hamas,the ruling party in gaza,spikes during armed conflict,but even now most palestinians do not back hamas. Gaza residents are more critical of hamas than those in the west bank.44% in the west bank support hamas and 42% in gaza.

But depsite all that,57% in gaza and 82% in the west bank believe hamas was justified in lauching the october attacks on israel.

A large majority believed hamas claims that the attack was to defend a major islamic shrine in jerusalem against jewish extremists and to win the release of palestinian prisoners.

Only 10 % believed hamas had commited war crimes in israel,although the majority had not seen the videos.

Seems the palestinian media have fixated on the war in gaza and the suffering of civilians while giving little coverage of the results of the hamas attack.

The poll found the level of anti america/anti west was huge,driven by what they viewed america and the west were allowing to be done in gaza.

They haven't had elections since 2007 in gaza or the west bank and the palestinian authority don't have the same goals as hamas.It was 2007 that hamas gained control of gaza. The Palestinian authority used to run both the west bank and gaza until 2007.The PA have been heavily criticised for working with israel in coordinating security in the region.

So it all appears Israel will be stuck with running gaza when this latest conflict ends. 

I will not go into detail on who's right and who' wrong Galah, for to do so would have me on this keyboard all day. But one thing I advise is to Google The Balfour declaration 1917.  Lord Arthur Balfore was the then Foreign Secretary for the United Kingdom later to become Prime Minister.  The declaration was contained in a letter to Lord Rothschild, a leader of the British Jewish community, for transmission to the Zionist Federation of Great Britain an Ireland. You can peg this declaration as the beginning of whats unfolding now.

The other person to Google is the founder of Zionism, Theodor Herzl born 1860 died 1904.  Herzl was not a practicing Jew, he was agnostic. So there was nothing religious about his beliefs and Zionism. I believe Zionism is whats driving this genocide. Zionists have a saying, FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA,  the river being the Jordon the sea the Mediterranean. Zionists believe everything in between is theirs, and they will not stop until this is accomplished.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, aquaman said:

I will not go into detail on who's right and who' wrong Galah, for to do so would have me on this keyboard all day. But one thing I advise is to Google The Balfour declaration 1917.  Lord Arthur Balfore was the then Foreign Secretary for the United Kingdom later to become Prime Minister.  The declaration was contained in a letter to Lord Rothschild, a leader of the British Jewish community, for transmission to the Zionist Federation of Great Britain an Ireland. You can peg this declaration as the beginning of whats unfolding now.

The other person to Google is the founder of Zionism, Theodor Herzl born 1860 died 1904.  Herzl was not a practicing Jew, he was agnostic. So there was nothing religious about his beliefs and Zionism. I believe Zionism is whats driving this genocide. Zionists have a saying, FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA,  the river being the Jordon the sea the Mediterranean. Zionists believe everything in between is theirs, and they will not stop until this is accomplished.

Far more complex than you suggest.

However once again you fail to mention the genocide committed by the Hamas terriorists on the people of Israel that started this latest clash.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Far more complex than you suggest.

However once again you fail to mention the genocide committed by the Hamas terriorists on the people of Israel that started this latest clash.

it seems many people have forgotten that critically important aspect. It is a complex issue but October 7th is the detail protestors and the media in general are often completely ignoring. You can't do that and expect meaningful dialog will follow. 

• Like 3

@the galah and @aquaman - who actually started this latest clash?

UNRWA Cannot Operate Without Hamas – No Wonder It Has a Neutrality Problem – The Daily Sceptic
dailysceptic.org
xTELEMMGLPICT000354317886_17069056626210

In the Telegraph, Paul Nuki explores the unholy alliance between the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) and the Palestinian group Hamas amid revelations that UNRWA employees have been involved in supporting or participating in terrorist activities. Here’s an excerpt:

You don’t need to look far for links between the United Nations Relief and Works Agency and Hamas.

On the day of the October 7th massacre, Sara A-Dirawi, an UNRWA teacher in Gaza, took to Facebook to publish a video clip of Hamas fighters shooting up Israeli cars. She added a verse from the Quran, suggesting the terrorists were on a mission from God: “For we will surely come to them with soldiers that they will be powerless to encounter, and we will surely expel them therefrom in humiliation, and they will be debased.”

This is not an isolated example. Ever since Hamas was elected to power in Gaza in 2006, the UN agency has been forced to work cheek by jowl with the terrorist group. As such, says Israel, a “mutual dependence” has grown up between them.

“The rule of the terrorist organisation over the Gaza Strip forces UNRWA to act under the authorisation and supervision of Hamas in a way that extends Hamas’s influence over the agency,” an Israeli official told the Telegraph.

This dynamic is evident in Hamas’s most senior appointments. For example, Suhail al-Hindi, who was elected to the Hamas Politburo in 2017 to sit alongside Yahya Sinwar, Hamas’s leader in Gaza and the author of the October 7th attack, was a headmaster at an UNRWA school and Chairman of the UNRWA Gaza Workers’ Union.   

Hamas’s Economy Minister Jawad Abu Shamala, killed just three days after the October 7th massacre in an Israeli airstrike, had a similar pedigree. He “earmarked the funds for financing and directing terrorism inside and outside the Gaza Strip”, says the IDF, but previously worked as a teacher at an UNRWA school in Khan Yunis. 

Political support is one thing, direct involvement in terrorism another. 

Ten days ago, UNRWA’s leadership in Jordan announced that Israel had provided it with evidence that agency staff had been involved in the October 7th massacre.

According to a briefing given to the Telegraph by a senior Israeli official on Thursday, Israeli intelligence has established that at least 12 UNRWA employees are “associated with the infiltration attack”.

Of those, 10 were Hamas operatives and two belonged to Palestinian Islamic Jihad, said the official. A total of six UNRWA employees “infiltrated into Israel as part of the attack”, and four were “involved in kidnapping Israelis”, two of which also infiltrated Israeli territory.

Worth reading in full.

Stop Press: It took the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women nearly eight weeks to condemn the appalling rape and sexual assault carried out by the terrorists on October 7th, as Camilla Tominey reminds us in a scathing piece for the Telegraph.

Stop Press 2: In the Telegraph, MP Mike Freer’s recent resignation over death threats resonates with Stephen Pollard’s own experience, underscoring the economic and personal toll of Islamist intimidation.