Bit Of A Yarn

No More Pick Six or Place six

3 hours ago, Gammalite said:

For years and years I used to back NZ trots tote , and time and time again the odds would just half on the tote during the running , depending on what happened at the start. I used to think it was a rort and changed to backing gallops , where that sort of thing happened infrequently. FIXED ODDS came in and stopped that sort of shit happening thankfully.

Its funny you say that as i had a similar theory about the australian dogs early on in the commingling of the pools.

I used to look at the tote dividends when they closed then look at the final dividends when they were confirmed. For a period of a few months it was like every dog that ran somewhere dropped in price after tote close. Favorites ,outsiders ,if they paid a dividend,theywere the 3 dogs that dropped in price after tote close.I was convinced it was dishonest in some way and guessed it had to be an inside job somewhere with the aussie tab somehow. I guessed someone was getting bets on after the finish of the dogs.

Edited by the galah

58 minutes ago, the galah said:
4 hours ago, Gammalite said:

For years and years I used to back NZ trots tote , and time and time again the odds would just half on the tote during the running , depending on what happened at the start. I used to think it was a rort and changed to backing gallops , where that sort of thing happened infrequently. FIXED ODDS came in and stopped that sort of shit happening thankfully.

Its funny you say that as i had a similar theory about the australian dogs early on in the commingling of the pools.

It was probably 'above board' as the Final prices were callobrated right at dispatch point and the Pools were small so the last minute bets certainly made a difference to the prices of some runners.  (the gallops pools being bigger there was not usually a last minute change ) 

It was extremely frustrating though. And I have only used 'Fixed' Ever since.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nowornever said:

I want to do 140 combinations for my pick six but now I am going to have to put on 140 separate tickets and its going to cost $140 dollars instead of $14

Yes that is definitely a Problem !!  lol 😂reminds me of the days  with a whole stack of tickets that I used to take (when popping in to a TAB branch for an hour on Friday evening) and then wading through the pile slowly eliminating them as the Saturday racing progressed ...... 🤣

and being grumpy that the Friday night trots winners on some ticket's were being wiped out by 2nd placings at the gallops by those 'Inferior' beasts lol 😅🤣  

39 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

It was probably 'above board' as the Final prices were callobrated right at dispatch point and the Pools were small so the last minute bets certainly made a difference to the prices of some runners.  (the gallops pools being bigger there was not usually a last minute change ) 

It was extremely frustrating though. And I have only used 'Fixed' Ever since.

Maybe,but i used to bet on a couple of the dog tracks over there and got to the point where i started to write the prices down that were shown when it said tote closed on the website and i used to then write down the prices of those placed that paid a dividend.And there was a distinct regular pattern  that 90% of placegetters dividends were reduced when it came to the final dividend from tote close. It was amazing that there was a pattern that every roughie at tote close that ran in the money always paid a reduced price.I remember showing my records to someone as i believed it was dodgy.I only used to bet at a couple of tracks,but gave up totally because of my suspicions. I always thought it would be easy enough to rort with the dog races often lasting under 20 seconds. Just need an inside man.My theory anyway

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2

Hey if you guys still want a Pick 6 Option . Sign up at Sportsbet. (sorry TABman 😪)

They have a SUPER 6 at a lot of Saturday meetings . (it would be win only though, not place) 

Tomorrow for example,  they have 'SUPER 6' all run on the last 6 races at  Caulfield and RoseHill .... and then in the evening at Menangle and Melton trots.

One of my mates takes combo's on these only , as his total days bets. and gets one now and then and they pay big .  doesn't seem to enjoy the racing like me though. gets to wound up about the 'Money' unfortunately. I like to enjoy the racing so go steady lol.... 

• Like 1