Bit Of A Yarn

O'Sullivan Stable Positive New Years Day 2024

20 hours ago, Jim Green said:

They don't seem to have much luck with the horses staying away from the racing stables before racing.

Paddock with cows,At the pre training farm........maybe just keep them at the racing stables where you can keep an eye on them and have security footage?

Is it common practice to give the horses time away from stables so close to racing?

Crooked as a bent stick, both have history in this area. 

Whats more alarming is why its taken so long to release this confirmed info, these guys are the poster boys for NZ at The Quokka all over trackside and have been given a horse to train for the TAB racing club ... an embarrassment to the industry.

19 hours ago, Jim Green said:

It is listed as a pretraining and agistment farm. 

But I'm sure if your sending your group 1 runners out with the cows before a Grand final then sending them to a pretraining farm would be fairly normal.

Is it common to send them away from the stables the week of the race?

Everything is common in explaining away misdemeanors with this lot .

"namely that penalties are designed to punish offenders for their wrongdoing but are not meant to be retributive in the sense that punishment is disproportionate to the offence."

Someone should send this to those rubbing out Darren Weir. How much has the jigger thing cost him? Millions lost. Horses such as Nature Strip, Verry Eleegant etc his whole complex gone or sold off and still they can't get enough.

Not to mention, this horse had transport issues on the way to the races that day. 

I understand it was upside down in the transporter,upon arrival to another trainers premises, to pick up other horses racing on the day.

Off it's head.

Getting away with Blue Murder by way of a fine IMO.

Edited by JMO
Added
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, JMO said:

Not to mention, this horse had transport issues on the way to the races that day. 

I understand it was upside down in the transporter,upon arrival to another trainers premises, to pick up other horses racing on the day.

Off it's head.

Getting away with Blue Murder by way of a fine IMO.

What's the alledged incident in the float got to do with anything?

Great to see the horse got over these issues to win the Lisa Chittick Plate at Matamata 2 starts later.

1 hour ago, The Centaur said:

"namely that penalties are designed to punish offenders for their wrongdoing but are not meant to be retributive in the sense that punishment is disproportionate to the offence."

Yes and can anyone explain how the penalty in this case is any different to any similar cases?

4 hours ago, curious said:

Well that's not what the NZVA guidlines say. They say after 12 iv doses, detection time is 3 days, so you'd have to take that up with Grierson if you think it's so far wrong.

Perhaps someone close to the case should as there is ample research to show that.

I guess then the threshold levels are standardised by not the withholding periods?

3 hours ago, curious said:

Either way, that amounts to negligence imo. The information that Grierson supplied is available to all and it's implausible to me that experienced trainers and vets would not be aware of it.

image.png.77a4b09497017be2d9b59bb409a3677a.png

Were you aware of that before the case?

16 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Yes and can anyone explain how the penalty in this case is any different to any similar cases?

That's the problem. It's not. It's based on and adds to the precedent. It's insufficient, and can only be fixed by NZTR issuing revised penalty guidelines for these cases that are more in keeping with the damage they cause to participation, wagering and the public image of racing. I wonder how the hundreds of punters who backed Churchillian and lost their bet are feeling now.

8 hours ago, Special Agent said:

I know that Racecourse Inspectors working on other cases have their own interpretation of rules surrounding limits and create a buffer of their own accord.

An authority on whip use, knew Jim Tomkinson, knew Noel Eales, knew Ray Verner, knew Cecil Devine, knew Dave Kerr and can read the mind of a Racecourse Detective, FFS.

And we have another clown here (Thomass supported by that woman trainer from Riccarton) calling jockey's cheats for administering a couple of extra strikes with a feather duster whip.

A trainer pushing the physical capabilities of a horse could never be labeled a cheat though !

2 hours ago, curious said:

That's the problem. It's not. It's based on and adds to the precedent. It's insufficient, and can only be fixed by NZTR issuing revised penalty guidelines for these cases that are more in keeping with the damage they cause to participation, wagering and the public image of racing. I wonder how the hundreds of punters who backed Churchillian and lost their bet are feeling now.

Cry us a river.  I guess you want penalty changes in Australia as well?

You are also drawing a long bow to infer that the winner wouldn't have won without Flunixin!

23 hours ago, billy connolly said:

An authority on whip use, knew Jim Tomkinson, knew Noel Eales, knew Ray Verner, knew Cecil Devine, knew Dave Kerr and can read the mind of a Racecourse Detective, FFS.

Thanks for acknowledging my words on the whip.

Weren't all those great trainers amazing to listen to and learn from.

You don't need to mind read billy as the Racecourse D's are only too willing to answer questions.