Bit Of A Yarn

The Race by Grins . $1,000,000

One of the great races of the year arrives again !!341387648_221645580547521_1269005850176043303_n.thumb.jpg.55f87abf8de6a3d75f756ec4fc5dadb4.jpg

Very excited to see some of Aussies best take on the Best NZ can offer.

Better Eclipse running 4th last year for the Aussies. and Greg Sugars has bought over the currnet 'double Interdominion Trotting Champ' Just Believe to try and give OscarB and his NZ cohort a bit of a hurry-up in the New Trotters division. 

In the Pacers division NZ has lost both the defending Champion Copy That and his heir apparent Akuta to injury very sadly, giving the Aussies a great sniff of Victory this year. ***Just need a nice '2' Alley for Speak The Truth  in the barrier draw today , and home we go 😎🏆

here's last years champ Copy That in action for Blair in the photo. 

3 hours ago, Gammalite said:

One of the great races of the year arrives again !!341387648_221645580547521_1269005850176043303_n.thumb.jpg.55f87abf8de6a3d75f756ec4fc5dadb4.jpg

Very excited to see some of Aussies best take on the Best NZ can offer.

Better Eclipse running 4th last year for the Aussies. and Greg Sugars has bought over the currnet 'double Interdominion Trotting Champ' Just Believe to try and give OscarB and his NZ cohort a bit of a hurry-up in the New Trotters division. 

In the Pacers division NZ has lost both the defending Champion Copy That and his heir apparent Akuta to injury very sadly, giving the Aussies a great sniff of Victory this year. ***Just need a nice '2' Alley for Speak The Truth  in the barrier draw today , and home we go 😎🏆

here's last years champ Copy That in action for Blair in the photo. 

Only crumbs for the Aussies this year Gammalitefullstop..if they are lucky. The Purdon's have the quality, form and numerical advantage to control the big one. Can't see how the others will be given a look in.

Oscar found zero in the straight first up from a break against Muscle Mountain in mid March. Mystic Max, Midnight Dash, High Energy and even Maui going straight by Oscar told a story with bells on.

Last week he looked like he had Queen Elida covered a long way out. Queen Elida will have also improved but so will have Oscar.  His fitness has obviously ramped up in two weeks so the upcoming feature was clearly the reason for that. 

The name Purdon will be saluting the judge on both features. 

5 hours ago, Walt said:

The name Purdon will be saluting the judge on both features. 

Well and good Walt. Barry and Mark have been Top notch since I can remember. I travelled with Mark to Ruakaka for his very first win over 40th years ago . Barry in partnership with legend dad Roy , have won that much stuff they make Bart Cummings look like small-fry lol 😂.

But the Aussies are serious opponents . and after I declared Akuta a special in the Cup last year , the Aussies had other ideas and old average joe 'Swayzee' did the damage. 

This year has been amazing for Queensland with 3 of the best horses in the country , representing our quiet racing state , and running 1st , 3rd and 4th. in our Biggest race >> the Miracle Mile !!! wowweee. never thought I would see anything like that in my time (from QLD) near trifecta . 

Just wish All 3 QLD runners were in your Race by Grins this Friday . I 'd be bashing the Trifecta Tote mercilessly 😂

anyway , one of them is coming .'Speak The Truth' . so not all is lost yet 😁

and Barry and Mark ran 2nd and 5th in the Miracle Mile , so as you say , They Both are/will be/ always are ' Incredibly Hard To beat' All the time.  They could easily Trifecta the RACE on Friday like they did in the NZ Derby in December. they are 3 fabulous horses.  

Posted (edited)

the Draws are out and the 4 Aussie trained trotters have fared well. starting barrier s are the inside 4 draws . very nice.

1 Queen Elida   2  Arcee Phoenix  3 Just Believe  4 Call MeTheBreeze  5 Midnight Dash

6 Mystic Max  7 Muscle Mountain  8 Oscar Bonavena

and Not so good in the Pacing Race by Grins. out at 6 and 7 for the Aussies stars. they'll certainly be at 6's and 7's trying to win from those barriers 😎 lol.

1 Kango  2 Don't Stop Dreaming  3 Old Town Road  4 Mach Shard  5 Merlin  6 Speak The Truth

7 Better Eclipse  8 South Coast Arden  9 Self Assured  10 Sooner The Better.

Edited by Gammalite

13 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Well and good Walt. Barry and Mark have been Top notch since I can remember. I travelled with Mark to Ruakaka for his very first win over 40th years ago . Barry in partnership with legend dad Roy , have won that much stuff they make Bart Cummings look like small-fry lol 😂.

But the Aussies are serious opponents . and after I declared Akuta a special in the Cup last year , the Aussies had other ideas and old average joe 'Swayzee' did the damage. 

This year has been amazing for Queensland with 3 of the best horses in the country , representing our quiet racing state , and running 1st , 3rd and 4th. in our Biggest race >> the Miracle Mile !!! wowweee. never thought I would see anything like that in my time (from QLD) near trifecta . 

Just wish All 3 QLD runners were in your Race by Grins this Friday . I 'd be bashing the Trifecta Tote mercilessly 😂

anyway , one of them is coming .'Speak The Truth' . so not all is lost yet 😁

and Barry and Mark ran 2nd and 5th in the Miracle Mile , so as you say , They Both are/will be/ always are ' Incredibly Hard To beat' All the time.  They could easily Trifecta the RACE on Friday like they did in the NZ Derby in December. they are 3 fabulous horses.  

You've had a ringside seat to one hell of a ride. Great stuff. I've always felt Mark P was underrated as a driver. 

I remember well the trots at Ruakaka. It's a shame they came to an end. 

We were on the same page with Akuta on Cup Day. I had 4 multi's ending on Akuta in the Cup. I couldn't see him beat. Then half an hour before the Cup with all my multi's live I got a text about the work of Swayzee in the days leading up. The person who text me has been involved in several Cup winners and was adamant Swayzee was a good thing. I agreed with him 300 metres after the start of the Cup. 

Akuta had no assistance in the Cup. That made a huge difference.

The Purdon's have a strangle hold on the Grins both numerically and with quality. Controlling elite races is their art form. This race is set up for them perfectly. I really struggle to find a scenario where the name Purdon is not alongside the first three home in the Grins. I won't be wagering but will watch the musical chairs with interest. 

• Like 2

Whale on box seat "I spent three and a half hours last night going through Callmethebreeze's last five starts and Arcee Phoenix form around his home track" 

FFS I did the last 10 starts for the whole field for the trot and pacing race when the draws came out and it only took about an hour. 🤣🤣🤣

I am sure I saw Michael Guerin roll his eyes at some point when whale was waffling on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nowornever said:

Whale on box seat "I spent three and a half hours last night going through Callmethebreeze's last five starts and Arcee Phoenix form around his home track" 

FFS I did the last 10 starts for the whole field for the trot and pacing race when the draws came out and it only took about an hour. 🤣🤣🤣

I am sure I saw Michael Guerin roll his eyes at some point when whale was waffling on.

Michael be thinking he taught The Whale well.

Personally think it is a terrible race to be betting into!

Just about any of the horses can win on the night if they get the run!

I think the trotters is actually going to be a better race to watch.

Going to be interesting to see how much they turnover on the night!

14 hours ago, Brodie said:

Personally think it is a terrible race to be betting into!

Just about any of the horses can win on the night if they get the run!

I think the trotters is actually going to be a better race to watch.

Going to be interesting to see how much they turnover on the night!

One thing you've never been able to do , is look at and enjoy a race without looking for some sort of betting angle. If you remove that fault from your repartee' you could have a much better time.

and enjoy some of the BEST horses and drivers and Trainers coming together for some fabulous equine contest's . 

you must be tickled pink to see the North Island , week after week , having these great race meetings through the Summer and Autumn . not long now to Rowe Cup , Auckland Cup , Nz Messenger . Great to see some good un's strutting their stuff. South Island has fabulous Spring racing. (We only have Winter Constellations Carnival in QLD that is worth watching)  so thankfully I get some good racing All year round . excellent stuff.

Don't get so wrapped -up in the betting All the time and you should enjoy it more. like everyone else. maybe skip looking at odds altogether mate ? I never do , and it helps me enjoy the racing all the more. 

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Any tips?

The Grand Master will be 'at play' Brodster. watch him go on the Big stage (yet again) in about 4 races tonight.

Arna must be tickled Pink to have him on Jolimont these days . She sure is getting the results now with the great man steering. What a certainty of all time it is again tonight?? . I'm lapping it up like milk 🍼 lol. (famous last words 😂😉

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You kiwis have TOO much money. BGP put what sort of bet on Republican Party ? 

Against a Mark Purdon driven horse in Top form . Don't they know what 35m handicap means?

Back to the gallops for those boys.

Nice win by JUST BELIEVE in the TAB trot. maybe BGP should of seen his form and had the BIG BET on him ? (Had won 11 of his last 12 ) and a couple of clean Sweep Interdominions past 15 months too . 

No trotting experts at Boys Get Paid ? maybe they need BOAY to put them on the Right track ?👍😉

Edited by Gammalite
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Against a Mark Purdon driven horse in Top form . Don't they know what 35m handicap means?

Nice win by JUST BELIEVE in the TAB trot. maybe BGP should of seen his form and had the BIG BET on him ? (Had won 11 of his last 12 ) and a couple of clean Sweep Interdominions past 15 months too . 

No trotting experts at Boys Get Paid ? maybe they need BOAY to put them on the Right track ?👍😉

Will TAB refund the Syndicate ?

43 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Thought same, crazy bet off 35m