Bit Of A Yarn

winton today

Today looks to be a great days viewing and there are some very good horses going around.

Dreams are free in race 3 is paying $1.60. I know you don't have to be a genius to pick him,but $1.60 seems a good price.

Then you have wag start in the cup. Hes a very good horse,especially when fresh,so will be interesting to see how he goes.i see hes only paying $3.20 now after opening close to double that. Probably on form deserves to be,but not a real sitter.

Then you have fiery banditio in the main trot.Hes off 30m and thats awafully hard even on a big track like winton. $2.10 seems rather short for that reason to me,but maybe he is that good already. Time will tell today.

also a couple of roughies on the tote that seem to be paying good odds,but just need a little luck early.Johns boy at $4.50 a place one of those i think.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, the galah said:

Today looks to be a great days viewing and there are some very good horses going around.

Dreams are free in race 3 is paying $1.60. I know you don't have to be a genius to pick him,but $1.60 seems a good price.

Then you have wag start in the cup. Hes a very good horse,especially when fresh,so will be interesting to see how he goes.i see hes only paying $3.20 now after opening close to double that. Probably on form deserves to be,but not a real sitter.

Then you have fiery banditio in the main trot.Hes off 30m and thats awafully hard even on a big track like winton. $2.10 seems rather short for that reason to me,but maybe he is that good already. Time will tell today.

also a couple of roughies on the tote that seem to be paying good odds,but just need a little luck early.Johns boy at $4.50 a place one of those i think.

Well dreams are free had its chance.

Looked like the money was there for the taking when he got an easy lead,but the telfer horses ran past him late.

A bit surprising given his previous races,but it happens sometimes.

At least johns boy ran his normal top race. He may be no champ,but just seems to be one of those horses that can take gaps early in a race and get a good trailing position.$4.50 a nice place price.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the galah said:

Well dreams are free had its chance.

Looked like the money was there for the taking when he got an easy lead,but the telfer horses ran past him late.

The Telfers way to good in the 2 year old race as well. with the Bettors Delight half brother to Dreams Are Free also running 3rd to a Telfer runner.

Always Dreaming had every chance in front , with Telfers Bettor Anvil parked from the I/2 mile ,but way too good for Williamson's 2 year old.  

so that's All 3 of them expensive 1/2 brothers ALL  'Run over after leading ' Mr Galah in the past 24 hours 😳.  

Always Dreaming (2yearold) Dreams Are Free(3 year old) and Don't Stop Dreaming (4 year old)

Perhaps they should ease and take a trail ?  😂  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

The Telfers way to good in the 2 year old race as well. with the Bettors Delight half brother to Dreams Are Free also running 3rd to a Telfer runner.

Always Dreaming had every chance in front , with Telfers Bettor Anvil parked from the I/2 mile ,but way too good for Williamson's 2 year old.  

so that's All 3 of them expensive 1/2 brothers ALL  'Run over after leading ' Mr Galah in the past 24 hours 😳.  

Always Dreaming (2yearold) Dreams Are Free(3 year old) and Don't Stop Dreaming (4 year old)

Perhaps they should ease and take a trail ?  😂  

He tried the tactics you suggested in the fillies race for a win. That one a 1/2 sister to merlin.The dalgety runner had an unusual action,not sure whether thats normal or was a touch sore in behind. Williamson has a few horses in his stable from families that are doing very well recently.

That 2 year old fillies race that n williamson won was worth $70,000,but only had 5 runners.Entain and hrnz focus on promoting 2 year old races by giving them big stakes and bonuses certainly hasn't helped numbers wise. Never seemed to be a strategy that made much sense if increasing number of starters was the aim in the higher stake races.. The same good 2 year olds were always still going to  win the same races.Maybe later in the season in the non win races it may help..

Also of note i thought today was seeing pinseeker having to start off 20 in the cup.  Hes only had 6 starts for 4 wins,yet started on the same mark as Got you covered whos had 12 wins and 27 2nd and 3rds for over $200,000 .That doesn't seem to be fair on a horse with pinseekers limited experience.

Edited by the galah

12 minutes ago, the galah said:

He tried the tactics you suggested in the fillies race for a win. That one a 1/2 sister to merlin.The dalgety runner had an unusual action,not sure whether thats normal or was a touch sore in behind. Williamson has a few horses in his stable from families that are doing very well recently.

Yes , Nathan was much more patient with that one. Always good to take a sit with the young horses if you can. While they gain confidence. 'Captain's Mistress' looked very good.

Very nippy little filly that one . Owned by SWAYZEE"S Aus owner already . Mick Boots bought her in February, and must be delighted with CAPTAIN"s MISTRESS now , as her older brother MERLIN Wins the $1,000,000 race last night , as you described. 

She'll be in Australia in the not to distant future I imagine. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, the galah said:

He tried the tactics you suggested in the fillies race for a win. That one a 1/2 sister to merlin.The dalgety runner had an unusual action,not sure whether thats normal or was a touch sore in behind.

just read the stipes report and I see a post race vet examination was requested by the dalgety stable and they found forever dream was sore in a front leg,not a hind leg like i guessed.

Funny thing was i said to my wife during the running, the dalgety horse looks sore in behind,but my wife said,no its sore in front,not behind.

anyway,pretty good effort from forever dream under the circumstances to still run second.

Edited by the galah

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

Anyone get their losses refunded today?

Plenty of bonus bets and great offers flying around today .

And my well overdue little 'sweetener' from TAB on my BGP ticket last night , got turned over a few times today but by about 6pm it was at ZERO balance !

59 minutes ago, TAB For Ever said:

Plenty of bonus bets and great offers flying around today .

And my well overdue little 'sweetener' from TAB on my BGP ticket last night , got turned over a few times today but by about 6pm it was at ZERO balance !

TAB For Ever, do you think that the Tab/ Entain should be donating money to BGP when they are restricting  other punters to be only win $20 on some bets????

TAB, do you believe that ethically they should be allowed to treat punters not equally?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, the galah said:

Funny thing was i said to my wife during the running, the dalgety horse looks sore in behind,but my wife said,no its sore in front,not behind.

Well spotted by the Mrs then mate. 

First thing I thought when you put this about the Dalgety horse Forever Dream is the Eagle-eye of your wife.

The Galah and The Eagle perched there , watching over the ''Kiwi action'. 👍😆

meanwhile a goose or 2 are wandering around at the races lol.

• Champ Post 1