Bit Of A Yarn

Inca - At last The Press say it is dead

On 24/04/2024 at 10:01 AM, Gammalite said:

You guys are really funny. For years I have read on these threads accusations and heaps of grizzling of team driving , race fixing, drugged horses in NZ on these forums . You have an investigation to catch some of the culprits (Mc Grath caught red-handed) and grizzle all the more 😂.

Reputation Damaged you say ? by the Investigation ? lol. I think Alford and Jones and characters like that are the one's who damaged the Reputation of the harness Industry. Not the people trying to keep it clean . You NEED them , more than anything . 

I once travelled with a horse at trials in NZ and it raced as another (different name). To hide the name of the one that actually started in the trial and won easy. Was given a solid hit-out to see ok out of mobile and that . (was all good and duly saluted first up not long after at nice odds for the owner)  Anyway a leak made it's way to the stewards from something I said to someone,  and they arrived in bulk (4 of them piling out a car) at the home stables the next day questioning and investigating the incident. I just said "I'm only a teen kid mate, I don't know one horse from another"  . nothing they can do about that lie. I felt bad what can you do. we were cheating. so nothing could be done after the fact anyway.  but that's the way it is. Investigators NEVER get straight answers mates. What a tough job . and all you guys want to do is shoot some-one because they couldn't shoot down the industry heavyweights.

GREAT that they didn't get anyone (except McGrath who had a chequered history) . But GREAT they were there to try and uncover the truth .   Keep up the good clean racing NZ !!!!

Maybe have a good look over the last few years…. Plenty in the harness game charged for various offences

11 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Maybe have a good look over the last few years…. Plenty in the harness game charged for various offences

But very few if any had anything to do with the $14m+ spend on INCA!!!!  Some of the offences weren't even anything to do with Harness Racing other than the fact that those involved were licencees!  Arguably the $14m could have been better spent on racing integrity systems, processes and testing.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

6 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Arguably the $14m could have been better spent on racing integrity systems, processes and testing.

i didn't realise the police fund those things.

Edited by the galah
  • Bad Post 1