Bit Of A Yarn

Forbury Mud Pit

Yankiwi

So last Thursdays racing at Forbury seemed to have been run in a mud pit. I've noticed that some trainers scratched their dogs, presumably due to track conditions.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13294/stewards-report.aspx

I have also noted that an inquiry has been opened and adjourned into those scratchings.

For the benefit of those trainers, I suggest they have a look at the replays of race 12. After the winning post & getting in to the slow down area, a UFO can be clearly seen taking flight & flying off to points unknown.

image003.jpg.65e9101369f4d8218bb445b27db8c7c0.jpg

image005.jpg.cf926acd4de937299da265859da1955c.jpg

image007.jpg.041d05f3bb1edced6802c7fbc3a1b89c.jpg

This evidence could be quite valuable in your defence if charges are ultimately filed against you.

All power to those that scratched, Alison Lee, Bradshaw, and Jopson. They clearly had their dogs interest ahead of all else. They clearly should be able to scratch without penalty when served up with a sub standard and dangerous track. You do not travel round trip to Dunedin and scratch lightly. An utter disgrace that they should be subjected to an inquiry. The only inquiry needed here is the sub standard performance of the Stewards in allowing the meeting to proceed. It was a farce that became a lottery for punters. Welfare is only an issue when it suits them. I will bet dollars to donuts there was many split nails discovered this morning.

• Like 3

If I remember rightly the actual base of the Forbury track is bitumen with the sand on top , so yankiwi that black chunk of matter being kicked up by the dog galloping on it could be one of two things.

Bitumen that has broken up after all these years or someone’s lost their marbles.

Two or three options on who’s marbles they could be

The marbels belong to Gavin Whiterod the  so called "Head Stipe" of greyhound racing. He was asked by the stipes of the day to  make the final  decision to run the race. It has been noted for a long time now that Whiterods  marbels have been floating around and it is time he departed.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Arsenic said:

If I remember rightly the actual base of the Forbury track is bitumen with the sand on top , so yankiwi that black chunk of matter being kicked up by the dog galloping on it could be one of two things.

Bitumen that has broken up after all these years or someone’s lost their marbles.

Two or three options on who’s marbles they could be

Correct Arsenic, the tracks sand is laid on the top if bitumen, and when the track turns to soup, it opens up allowing dogs to reach bedrock especially at the catch. Hence the broken and split nails. Forbury has an extremely high water table, so cannot cope with much rain. In coming years, all South Dunedin will be under water, St Clair, St Kilda, etc.

18 hours ago, Arsenic said:

Cichlid are you telling us the Stipendary Steward in Palmerston North made the call weather the meeting went ahead or to be abandoned .

I hope your just taking the piss.

No definately not taking the piss Arsenic, Whiterod was contacted to make the decision, I still have all my marbles in tact lol.

if this was thoroughbred racing meeting would have been called off for poor visibility  with the kick back from the leading dogs. 

Good call by the trainers of the scratched dogs as safety is first , and from a punting view how was that track fair as if off the pace you were stuffed.

So what your saying is G Whiterod made the decision weather to let the meeting continue or call it off.

Dosnt Whiterod live in Wanganui or Palmerston North , that would have to be 700 or 800 kilometres from Forbury and he makes a call to continue on with the meeting.

What kind of dumb arse people they employ, put a suit on them and call them a stipe.

These people are nothing but a joke , how can they be taken seriously 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JasonMc said:

if this was thoroughbred racing meeting would have been called off for poor visibility  with the kick back from the leading dogs. 

Good call by the trainers of the scratched dogs as safety is first , and from a punting view how was that track fair as if off the pace you were stuffed.

Yes imagine the state of the dogs behind the leading dog, I would think they would have been covered in shit from head to toe.

You would think there eyes would have been covered in sand that in itself would have to be a danger to the welfare of those racing dogs.

Did any dogs lose their footing or slip sideways , you would think that would be the case in 4 to 6 inches of slush

• Like 1

Steward, interesting title. I wonder what it is suppose to mean, in GRNZ terms.

Same day.

Race #3, Dog #9 nearing the end of the first corner.

"OUR SADIE (9/8) - ran in sharply at the start causing checks to several runners to its inside. Hit the rail at the winning post on the first occasion, a post race veterinary examination revealed no injury. Ran out entering the back straight coming into contact with a runner to its outside."

image001.jpg.578b056d413a82f4acb756bab8f4d96c.jpg

Marring exactly as described in the rule book.

Here's the full replay.

Maybe during this race is when the phone call was made to the top dog, making the policing of the race a second priority.

Well I have just gone through the 15 races and there appears to be only 1 race where you could say a dog came from behind the leader and that is debatable as it was within 2 to 3 lengths of the leader and parked wide of the leading dog.  

What is deemed a fair race ,  I believe were every participant has an equal chance of a winning. Well going by that Otago meeting that certainly was not the case ,the leader wins and the rest of the field go around having shit kicked in their eyes.

As regarding dogs losing their footing  check out  Race 11 Know Flare turning for home losing its footing with its hind legs going sideway.

In the audio of that race its sounds like it cries out.??

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Steward, interesting title. I wonder what it is suppose to mean, in GRNZ terms.

Same day.

Race #3, Dog #9 nearing the end of the first corner.

"OUR SADIE (9/8) - ran in sharply at the start causing checks to several runners to its inside. Hit the rail at the winning post on the first occasion, a post race veterinary examination revealed no injury. Ran out entering the back straight coming into contact with a runner to its outside."

image001.jpg.578b056d413a82f4acb756bab8f4d96c.jpg

Marring exactly as described in the rule book.

Here's the full replay.

Maybe during this race is when the phone call was made to the top dog, making the policing of the race a second priority.

Spot on Yankiwi, the 9 dog has definately marred entering the back straight. It really is hard to fathom some of the  stipes  decisions.. I wonder if Mr.Whiterod questions  the stipes under his command,  in instances so blatently clear like this was. Whiterod never had the ability to read a race, ever, With improved tech it hasn't helped him much in decisioin making but one thing for sure,  if that black object was a "G" string  he would have  sniffed that out  pretty quick....   :)

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, cichlid said:

Spot on Yankiwi, the 9 dog has definately marred entering the back straight. It really is hard to fathom some of the  stipes  decisions.. I wonder if Mr.Whiterod questions  the stipes under his command,  in instances so blatently clear like this was. Whiterod never had the ability to read a race, ever, With improved tech it hasn't helped him much in decisioin making but one thing for sure,  if that black object was a "G" string  he would have  sniffed that out  pretty quick....   :)

Classic