NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Addington 2400m standing start in middle of Winter?

Brodie

Noticed that Addington has a 2400 metre stand on Friday night for 35-50 class!

Now I appreciate that they have one every year in December when the weather is warm and plenty of newbies drinking are there!

However I am not too sure that in the middle of Winter there are going to be too many of newbies or regulars standing on the wet grass at the 2400metre mark to watch the horses close up?

Is there really any reason they are holding this standing start race just prior to the Showgrounds sharp bend in Winter??

why not have a 1700 metre mobile, now that would be more interesting,

7 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

But you hate mile races?  Ok 90m further but...

The 1700m would be near the bend and would be a shocker just like the mile start!

What on earth inspired them to program a 2400m stand this week is hard to fathom?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

Gotta love the Trot Rods Series over 947 metres at Redcliffe 

Do you really?

Crazy, they are not Quarter horses! 
Who would want to bet into them?

Only a few lineup in them so buggerall punting on them!

Edited by Brodie

Posted (edited)

What is interesting is the Auckland fields this week!

There are 9 races and 5 for pacers and 4 for trotters!

Used to be so many more pacers racing than trot races a and yet in Auckland this week they have 43 pacers and 36 trotters?

Without the number of trotters around up there, the race meeting may not be going ahead?

Edited by Brodie

11 minutes ago, Brodie said:

What is interesting is the Auckland fields this week!

There are 9 races and 5 for pacers and 4 for trotters!

Used to be so many more pacers racing than trot races a and yet in Auckland this week they have 43 pacers and 36 trotters?

Without the number of trotters around up there, the race meeting may not be going ahead?

Given the extreme distances I might multi up the Westland King trotters and the Armbro Del pacers

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Norman said:

They will get a full field and a few owners will get money to help pay their training fees, what more do you want? 

So Norman, you are a believer in having a standing start just short of a sharp bend at Addington?

What is your reason for supporting this 2400metre stand in the middle of Winter?

How about a 1700 metre mobile at Addington then?

15 minutes ago, Brodie said:

So Norman, you are a believer in having a standing start just short of a sharp bend at Addington?

What is your reason for supporting this 2400metre stand in the middle of Winter?

How about a 1700 metre mobile at Addington then?

Didn't they used to have qualifiers over 2400 once? 

Should be OK for the good horseman. 

1 hour ago, Norman said:

Didn't they used to have qualifiers over 2400 once? 

Should be OK for the good horseman. 

Decades ago they had the stands there at trials with a few horses in each heat.

If it is ok as a starting position lets run all them from there?

Some weird and dumb programming going on and I look forward to having many more of these 2400metre stands at Addington each and every week.

crazy this time of year!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mikeynz said:

You never know, word might get around about a 2400 metre standing start and a cup day size crowd turn up:D

You never know, word might get around about a 2400 metre standing start and a cup day size crowd turn up:D

The thing is when posters start a topic and it is about something that seems wrong or puzzling, I find it very hard to comprehend why a spokes person from HRNZ or the TAB dont come on BOAY, and defend their decisions?

They are paid by the punters in NZ, without them  they have not got a job!

I reckon it is in fact very poor indeed and quite ignorant really!!

If they have not got the guts to defend their decisions, I would be thinking that they can not defend their decisions and regret them?

There are normally 2 sides to every decision but the fact that they are not prepared to discuss these things shows that they are more interested in their own financial interests, moreso than the interests of racing?

Edited by Brodie

2 hours ago, mikeynz said:

Sure mid winter winner with the added attraction of The Brodsters Mobile Soup Kitchen

The Brodster always wide awake to an earn !!!

Brodster Soup.jpg

I'm not suggesting anyone in particular is attacking anyone personally, just a comment.

Brodie isnt attacking anyone personally.

Just think that they must have spokespeople for TAB and HRNz that could at least come on and put their point of view forward!

The fact that neither do just shows contempt or a lack of confidence in the decisions they are making!