Bit Of A Yarn

WTF…. Warren Kennedy??

Newmarket

You know what….

Meetings get called off at the drop of a hat because of track conditions…

Here this guy is getting interviewed today, clearly not well. I’ve watched plenty of medical shows, this guys either got covid or a bad chest infection. Clown interviewing him said go get a drink of water…. FFS, not  fit to be riding. 

30 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

LOL that was an omen!  Warren just rode a winner for the wife!

Not the point if he wins or comes last, it’s like any workplace, if you’re not fit you should not be working. Especially as we are told how dangerous riding is. You do understand what I am saying? Strange you put up how many wins he has for season, then get excited that he wins a race? Strange….

24 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Not the point if he wins or comes last, it’s like any workplace, if you’re not fit you should not be working. Especially as we are told how dangerous riding is. You do understand what I am saying? Strange you put up how many wins he has for season, then get excited that he wins a race? Strange….

What is the point?   You speculate he has a cold or worse after he has just ridden a race.  At least he turned up for work and obviously is fit enough to do so.  Are you precious?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

It was his wife's first NZ winner. Steady on

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

He was interviewed before first race, obviously sick. These clown riders call off races all the time if it gets slippery, so if they are crook you would think he would not ride???

He must be a good Jockey then because he can ride a winner when @Newmarket would have gone home for the day.

Then of course @Newmarket can be an online doctor assessing someone in a 30 second interview as to their health.  

BTW if you are looking for a note to not turn up for work next week @Newmarket is offering an online service.  Just get Trackside to interview you and it's sorted.

5 hours ago, Newmarket said:

You know what….

FFS, not  fit to be riding. 

Not talking about WK.  if the truth be known,..   there are not to many occupations where the Worker will put themselves through some brutal approaches to Make Weight!  And still be excepted to give a professional ride!   And drive there and back and eat Very little, Tough life for Some.  lol, often, sigh, there might actually a few sick, but No way that they wouldn't ride with a snotty nose! :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Murray Fish said:

Not talking about WK.  if the truth be known,..   there are not to many occupations where the Worker will put themselves through some brutal approaches to Make Weight!  And still be excepted to give a professional ride!   And drive there and back and eat Very little, Tough life for Some.  lol, often, sigh, there might actually a few sick, but No way that they wouldn't ride with a snotty nose! :)

Meanwhile @Newmarket sitting at the pub on his fifth pint and chips is worried about Warren sounding poorly after he has ridden a horse full noise over a dodgy track in the middle of winter...  Oh the life of a punter!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Murray Fish said:

I heard the other day that Paul Lofty Taylor is working for the Stable, one of the 'good guys' of the Jockey colony, as the Americans would say! :)

Didn't he win a Wellington fup on Rastes, many years ago, and the jarden mile on south islander Johnny alone, going back many a year, great he's still involved in the game.

4 hours ago, Shad said:

Didn't he win a Wellington fup on Rastes, many years ago, and the jarden mile on south islander Johnny alone, going back many a year, great he's still involved in the game.

yes.. and the after celebrations lasted for a while and then there was a fall out from that... :)
talking those races/horses, I worked that day! Lots of Photographers lining the rail (the boss) Ken Lush had the #1 spot, then lots of Press, I took a gamble, and headed for the inside and took a couple of cool shots! back then you go One Click, not auto drive!  both photos were used in FF and in the Racing Annual for that year!  Made even better by being good mates with Paul  :)

Certainly both horses caused upsets at long odds, from memory the other south islander knight invader finished second, success for the south horses  was quite rare back then, Jonny alone by by a not so popular sire blue vermillion, certainly brings back memories, the camera technology very different these days, interesting know the best shot and horse that stands out overs the years of photography, bet there's been a few.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shad said:

, the camera technology very different these days, interesting know the best shot and horse that stands out overs the years of photography, bet there's been a few.

Hi, for me, I've just started a project, goal to have a Photo Exhibition and stuff of my collection, sigh, hopefully I have the skills and energy to do so...

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

12 hours ago, Murray Fish said:

Hi, for me, I've just started a project, goal to have a Photo Exhibition and stuff of my collection, sigh, hopefully I have the skills and energy to do so...

Good on you, the golden years of nz racing, great days, racing was popular, crowds were huge,many class performers, oh the memories, haven't times changed big time.

3 hours ago, Shad said:

Good on you, the golden years of nz racing, great days, racing was popular, crowds were huge,many class performers, oh the memories, haven't times changed big time.

I suppose we can be thankful that we experienced it from golden to sunset. Might be the theme of your Exhibition MF.

Edited by curious