Bit Of A Yarn

Cantabrians

You really are left to wonder why the Journos put this crap up - just a big negative for the industry and one day they will end up alcohol banned day and just like the Wellington 7s it will end with the loyal 200 on course

The future ain't to flash sadly

Edited by Turny
  • Like 1

Talked to a few groups that went today, everybody a bit flat about the day. 13,000 today, 15,000 last year, 17,000 year before. 

Going backwards rather quick, CJC  built this meeting up, but have got too greedy, all those spoken to tonight probably wont go next year. 

This meeting used to be a nothing meeting years ago, the boot party cranked it all up, used to be cheap to attend, but not now. 

• Like 3

Agree entirely, they are ridiculously greedy

$40 walk in on the day. You pay $40 at Randwick to watch  Winx go round

No Winx there today. 

I won't even mention the food

CJC have lost their way and are killing it and once they loose the under 30s it will be hat and coat time - inevitable with the alcohol laws

• Like 3

Good day out, and getting in for free an upside of being an owner, pleased to see our fella get around in one piece and go a good race. Such an honest boy. I struggled with the numbers there, think I will put the blinkers on and tongue tie next year to stop me gawking around at all that fashion, and young fillies on course.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Turny said:

Agree entirely, they are ridiculously greedy

$40 walk in on the day. You pay $40 at Randwick to watch  Winx go round

No Winx there today. 

I won't even mention the food

CJC have lost their way and are killing it and once they loose the under 30s it will be hat and coat time - inevitable with the alcohol laws

Same greediness demonstrated by Mr Castles and his thieving crew on Livamol Day at Hastings. $25 for the 'privilege' of being there.

• Like 1

after meetings revealed they may lose their Licence. The police came up with the ID checks,bag searches, intoxication checks prior to entering the course.This costs money and the figure i found out was 90k.

So the CJC has to charge something to recover a percentage of this expense. Just my view and I am not saying what the amount to enter should be.