NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

How do you get a young horse ready without Turf trials in the Waikato?

22 minutes ago, curious said:

Riccarton reporting a H10 this morning.

Yes but they probably irrigated in anticipation of the Nor'westers coming.

23 minutes ago, curious said:

Another successful trial set of jump outs at Rangiora this morning. Really, what a waste of a super draining winter track.

Yes but a shame that some still see ghosts from incidents a long time ago.

30 heats carded for the Waipa trials yesterday with a lot of horses not even being able to get a start, so plenty of demand.

They then get canned due to supposed bad weather early in the morning. Waipa only had rain from 7am to 9am and from there on it was fine for the rest of the day.  Go figure.

It will be interesting to see how many will pay up for the Friday trials at Cambridge.  

A set of trials on the Synthetic at Cambridge has been scheduled for Friday 30 August. Nominations for this meeting will close at noon on Thursday 29 August.

The Waipa trials abandoned today will be staged on either the grass at Waipa or the Synthetic at Cambridge next Tuesday. There is circa 50mm of rain predicted over the next 7 days at Waipa and if this comes to pass then the track there would again be unsuitable to trial on.

A decision, based on the weather that has transpired and what is predicted will be made by noon Sunday September 1. While far from ideal this approach is the most open and transparent given the current and predicted rainfall situation. Nominations for the chosen venue will close the day prior at 12 noon.

Maybe there are too many trials available these days....dozens of trainers want to whiz their horses over 800m on heavy track trials but different story come race day !

Seemingly only 3 x horses nommed for Wanganui race over 800m on Saturday. But 2 x from north have stepped up to make it 5.

Do trainers keep their speed horses in cotton wool to keep owners hopeful [ and paying ! ] From memory I think last years quinella in Wanganui race both raced on Karaka night, the winner ran 4th !So many lured in by the hype of Karaka sale , only to find their horse and trainer too delicate to 'have a go'.

14 minutes ago, TAB For Ever said:

Maybe there are too many trials available these days....dozens of trainers want to whiz their horses over 800m on heavy track trials but different story come race day !

Seemingly only 3 x horses nommed for Wanganui race over 800m on Saturday. But 2 x from north have stepped up to make it 5.

Do trainers keep their speed horses in cotton wool to keep owners hopeful [ and paying ! ] From memory I think last years quinella in Wanganui race both raced on Karaka night, the winner ran 4th !So many lured in by the hype of Karaka sale , only to find their horse and trainer too delicate to 'have a go'.

Are you on Morphine?

10 hours ago, TAB For Ever said:

Maybe , I was given 17 x different tablets to take so it probably not all candy !

You seem to send a lot of insults my way !

No not insults just trying to work out why sometimes you write nonsensical posts.

My apologies if you took it as an insult.

I just can't fathom how someone who says they have owned a lot of horses (both codes), has been involved to many degree in the racing industry and still circulates with Racings elite thinks everything is going great.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Murray Fish said:

Yet you don't think that all the Pollyanna ra ra isn't just as insulting?

Compared to the industry leaders who are releasing no frills media statements clearly stating the stark reality but more importantly with clear actions and a strategy for the future.

Meanwhile we are still supposedly implementing the Mess-ara report or closer to the truth doing the same old same old.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TAB For Ever said:

Too many trials available!!!

Trainers are screaming out for grass trials in the Waikato as eveidenced by the 30 heats at Waipa on Tuesday with a host of horses eliminated and unable to get a run.  

• Like 3