NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Comp: $10 TAB bet or 1kg Roasted Coffee Beans

Up for grabs a $10 Win, Place or Each Way bet of your choice on a horse race of your choice in NZ or OZ.  Or a 1kg bag of Premium Roasted Coffee Beans couriered to you.  Both prizes kindly donated by a new BOAY sponsor.

To win pick the following:

Avondale Jockey Club have a trial day on 16 July and the Auckland Racing Club have a race meeting on 17 July at Pukekohe.

1.  Which day/club will have the most horses officially running around (doesn't include clerk of the course)?

2.  How many horses at each meeting?

Whoever chooses the right day will be the winner.  In the likely event more than one person chooses the right day:

The closest will be assessed on the average of the % correctness for the winning day.  In the likely event there is a tie then the winner will be will be assessed on the average of the % correctness for both days.

Hint:  Avondale will have less than 181 horses running around.

Entries close before the earliest nomination time.

In the event of an abandonment during a meeting the number of horses will be those that started in the day.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Murray Fish said:

sigh, from the slowlearnersclub, would Avondale and 69 get me a ticket in this race? :)

I wouldn't like to comment on your guess other than to say you would be light on numbers.

You also need to provide a number for the other meeting

So the entry format is:

1.  Club with the most and number;

2.  The number for the second club.

For example:

1.  Avondale, 178.

2.  72.

thanks Chief . don't mind a cuppa . you can drop in anytime for afternoon tea 🫖 if coming by.

To get the winnings then . (wild guess with no idea 🤣😂

1/ Avondale trials sounds like about 130 starters 

2/ Pukekohe races 100 neat  . 

And my wife......Susan of Herne Bay ,she just home from the Pub ,thinks its still 6 o'clock closing tells me I always wrong and that Avondale often get near 180 and that Puke could have 6 or 7 maiden races including a maiden 2100 for Amateurs plus 2 x $17k races for r60 and r75.

Susan says 1.  175 [5 will get stuck in traffic ]

2. 95  [Susan says jockeys love riding Maidens !]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TAB For Ever said:

And my wife......Susan of Herne Bay ,she just home from the Pub ,thinks its still 6 o'clock closing

think it was for 50 years or so (the 6 o'clock pub closing licencing law)  and came off in 1967 after a referendum. I Had to grow up in NZ (south Auckland) with a framed picture of my dad with Robert' Piggy' Muldoon on the wall , having a beer with him at the pub. Piggy Muldoon was the Minister for Finance at the time and was instrumental earlier in helping with the change. He came in as Prime Minister later on mid 70's and kept office for a decade or so as was quite popular . He Even raced a few harness horses I believe . not sure if he dabbled in gallopers or not.  

13 hours ago, TAB For Ever said:

And my wife......Susan of Herne Bay ,she just home from the Pub ,thinks its still 6 o'clock closing tells me I always wrong and that Avondale often get near 180 and that Puke could have 6 or 7 maiden races including a maiden 2100 for Amateurs plus 2 x $17k races for r60 and r75.

Susan says 1.  175 [5 will get stuck in traffic ]

2. 95  [Susan says jockeys love riding Maidens !]

Susan needs to reignite her own account to allow entry.  

(Note: double entendre intentional).

On 7/11/2024 at 6:19 PM, TAB For Ever said:

My guess will be ...

1. Avondale 125

2.Puke           85

Well Chief looks like I am the winner of your comp.

Only 99 at Avondale today , somewhat disappointing but I guess $600 for a day out seen as a deterrent  for many especially on the bog track...1min 20 plus for 1200m and 1.06 for 950 and heading to the outside fence not such a great guide for punters or CV for sale.

And after a few scratchings tomorrow 85 should be bang on.

I guess you will want to pay out early , and get in the post so the bikkies and any treats stay fresh.

Post to ....Winner c/o  Headquarters Restaurant ,

The Viaduct , Auckland   Attention L. Molloy

He's my Uncle !

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Doomed said:

You win Chief. Pukekohe gone so zero starters there.

Supposedly because the Truck carrying the starting gates couldn't get there.  Perhaps Avondale paddlocked them!!!

MEETING NEWS

Pukekohe Meeting Abandoned

Today’s ATR Meeting at Pukekohe Park has been abandoned due to a mechanical failure with the truck carrying the starting gates. More information will follow.

What was the final score Chief ?   99-0 like TaBman said.?

sounds like a All blacks v Queensland rugby score 😆😂 

I guess you keep the beans as you'll need a few coffees with No races to watch at Pukekohe.

Sandown will more than likely still kick off though. Have one for you too.

Race 6 . Number 4 Alhumbra Palace. Will out-stay that slow lot getting out in distance this time, and Shinn riding very well lately too.

15 hours ago, TAB For Ever said:

Well Chief looks like I am the winner of your comp.

Only 99 at Avondale today , somewhat disappointing but I guess $600 for a day out seen as a deterrent  for many especially on the bog track...1min 20 plus for 1200m and 1.06 for 950 and heading to the outside fence not such a great guide for punters or CV for sale.

And after a few scratchings tomorrow 85 should be bang on.

I guess you will want to pay out early , and get in the post so the bikkies and any treats stay fresh.

Post to ....Winner c/o  Headquarters Restaurant ,

The Viaduct , Auckland   Attention L. Molloy

He's my Uncle !

Early Crow - just like Leo.

crow GIF

3 minutes ago, Doomed said:

Who won Chief? I didn't enter. I wanted to give the battlers a chance.

It's all a bit confusing!  I'm trying to work out the T's and C's.  However I'm definitely not sending charity to a height challenged relative. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1