Bit Of A Yarn

Motukara Wet Track Tips

Newmarket

32 minutes ago, Counter Punch said:

Highland Reign

I agree with Highland Reign and I like Nancy's Boy in the wet.

My only concern would be whether they will cancel the raceday like they usually do out there.    They are always keen to push the no race button at Motukarara if there is even a slight hint of any moisture arriving during the day.

It was heavy at Geraldine today but still a great day of racing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

I agree with Highland Reign and I like Nancy's Boy in the wet.

My only concern would be whether they will cancel the raceday like they usually do out there.    They are always keen to push the no race button at Motukarara if there is even a slight hint of any moisture arriving during the day.

It was heavy at Geraldine today but still a great day of racing.

Did state on trackside today that meeting would go ahead, with free entry??

But as you say, if predicted rain did come, meeting may not go ahead.

Right, 

R1- Mister Slick. Races well on course, great bet in amateur race at $17 fixed. 

R3- Baker Creek & American Banner the two. 

R4- Belmonts Greatest

R6- BK dawn, Sunny glenis and rachmanicov will like it wet. 

R8- Delightful Tanner

R9- Cullenmore, with first race pick, this is my 2nd best bet of day. Went well at methven, great bet

R-10 Time For Diamonds and Justamollyarcher

R-11, Stompem, another who loves track and will like not racing at cup week grade. 

Good luck

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I thought BOAY posters would be coming from the clouds to back Doctor Tim after Show Day!

I'll be on him, don't you worry about that!?

Although after Enchantee's effort yesterday, that could be the kiss of death. I certainly didn't enjoy watching her race through blurry eyes upon my return from the beer festival. Thank gawd for Young Stranger...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Newmarket said:

R9- Cullenmore, with first race pick, this is my 2nd best bet of day. Went well at methven, great bet

Had a peek to try and see what you are seeing. 

Methven was ok effort from back on the pegs against better horses. No chance at Kaikoura being back on the inside too. 3rd to All About Henry and Beau Vista at Methven trials.

Unfinished Business and Every Option might be better than him but worse draws. Holding up at 12 and 4 50 FF.

If you are there Newmarket, why do you think he is a great bet as I might go each way on him.

59 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Had a peek to try and see what you are seeing. 

Methven was ok effort from back on the pegs against better horses. No chance at Kaikoura being back on the inside too. 3rd to All About Henry and Beau Vista at Methven trials.

Unfinished Business and Every Option might be better than him but worse draws. Holding up at 12 and 4 50 FF.

If you are there Newmarket, why do you think he is a great bet as I might go each way on him.

Lucky i saw this afta race?

To be honest, thought it was a little stiff at methven and i never look at kaikoura form. Was really keen on it, but strange. Did it have all favours in straight, not making excuses, but what is your view. Looked like she went for inside run, no room, then she pulled back then had horse on outside? Couldnt quite tell, but anyway, did my dough, but at least it started witj them, unlike first race. 

Got first leg quad, if i get that i might be right, doubled up on stomper as any desperate punter would?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Newmarket said:

Did it have all favours in straight, not making excuses, but what is your view. Looked like she went for inside run, no room, then she pulled back then had horse on outside?

When they showed the head on after the race it looked like Orange and Pegasus Kommander were all over the place. In the passing lane then out of it. Cullenmore didn't seem to be able to be let down which is odd considering it wasn't even cramped for room either side.

I wonder if it will be a warning for Mr Orange in the stipes report.

56 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

When they showed the head on after the race it looked like Orange and Pegasus Kommander were all over the place. In the passing lane then out of it. Cullenmore didn't seem to be able to be let down which is odd considering it wasn't even cramped for room either side.

I wonder if it will be a warning for Mr Orange in the stipes report.

Thought roughly same. Just didnt know if gap was there in the first place. 

I will confirm, that this is the worst i have ever gone at the mot, next time.