NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

horse values

the galah

I don't think @the galah is being negative.  It's just an opinion.  I think we are too precious in NZ and robust opinions be they negative or positive should be embraced more.  That's where the OZZIE's are so much better than us.  

But on the topic of horse training and longevity I 

Bart Cummings said:

"Patience is the cheapest thing in racing but most people don't use it.

"I worked out early that you have to aim for the top and then work down. I've tried to eliminate the speculative side of racing by trying to choose Group One winners as yearlings. If they don't make the grade there are plenty of other races around."

"They think, they are honest, they are genuine, they are very intelligent and they do not forget. You get a few non-conformists occasionally but if you are good tempered and good natured, horses will respond in a similar manner."

• Like 1

Galah , I'll assist you with your query re LONGEVITY !

As I attended most Jewels I can remember at least 7 trotters in the green & white there.

Pinup boy The Fiery Ginga came 2nd and went on to win 28 races from 134 starts ,including Aussie trips.Cocktail Waiter ran 5th and went on to race 53 x times .

Twice AC had 2 x horses in the Jewels race .Dark Ops 2/48 returned later year with a different trainer and I saw one of her progeny race last night at the Park ! Often AC's horses beat home those from our top stables[Purdon &Dunn] and even beat home Sundees Son who raced 12 x times as a 2 yr old !

Other Jewels horses of AC's......Imperial Whiz 24 x wins from 243 starts ...WOW. He was sold after setting a record at 2....28 x starts !

Others...Solana 4 wins/ 63 starts , Castletonian 12 / 94 , Rhythmic Sun 12 /70 , .

Earlier horses.......Armed Guard 20 wins /199 starts. , Armed Raider 8 / 91 , Prince Harry 14 / 112, Regal Assassin 16 / 111

Night Watch [out of Dark Ops ]  6 /49 , Constar 7 / 29 , Mr Majestic 7 / 93 ,Sunnys Dream 1/48 , Heather Castleton 8 /52 

Wait there's more .......The Jinja Ninja 4 / 41  plus dam of Superstar Ninja 10 / 95

Sunscoming 4 / 35 , Christmas Babe 11 / 128 ,Latheronwheel 5 / 25

ok ,ok also Zoogin 0/29 , Crown Range 0/32 , Eye To Eye 1 /25 ,Speedy Success 1 / 53 

So the LONGEVITY question answered above !

2 hours ago, TAB For Ever said:

Galah , I'll assist you with your query re LONGEVITY !

As I attended most Jewels I can remember at least 7 trotters in the green & white there.

Pinup boy The Fiery Ginga came 2nd and went on to win 28 races from 134 starts ,including Aussie trips.Cocktail Waiter ran 5th and went on to race 53 x times .

Twice AC had 2 x horses in the Jewels race .Dark Ops 2/48 returned later year with a different trainer and I saw one of her progeny race last night at the Park ! Often AC's horses beat home those from our top stables[Purdon &Dunn] and even beat home Sundees Son who raced 12 x times as a 2 yr old !

Other Jewels horses of AC's......Imperial Whiz 24 x wins from 243 starts ...WOW. He was sold after setting a record at 2....28 x starts !

Others...Solana 4 wins/ 63 starts , Castletonian 12 / 94 , Rhythmic Sun 12 /70 , .

Earlier horses.......Armed Guard 20 wins /199 starts. , Armed Raider 8 / 91 , Prince Harry 14 / 112, Regal Assassin 16 / 111

Night Watch [out of Dark Ops ]  6 /49 , Constar 7 / 29 , Mr Majestic 7 / 93 ,Sunnys Dream 1/48 , Heather Castleton 8 /52 

Wait there's more .......The Jinja Ninja 4 / 41  plus dam of Superstar Ninja 10 / 95

Sunscoming 4 / 35 , Christmas Babe 11 / 128 ,Latheronwheel 5 / 25

ok ,ok also Zoogin 0/29 , Crown Range 0/32 , Eye To Eye 1 /25 ,Speedy Success 1 / 53 

So the LONGEVITY question answered above !

gee you know your alan clark horses.Nice work.

and yes you have pointed out some with real longevity.

i was aware of the likes of imperial whiz and armed guard.they have gone on to be very good money spinners. 

constar i know was a good young trotter and of its 7 wins 6 came as a 2 year old.

i'm aware he trained some of the others,although theres a couple you've mentioned that i've never heard of.

but i still believe in what i have said.

And i'm aware of quite a few that you probably have never heard of, that support my way of thinking.

my posts on this thread have been about horse values.

I've mentioned about 5 horses on this topic.

i still think all the people who bid substanial amounts for imperial monarch,(and there were quite a few bidding on him),over valued him.

as i say, $21,000 for a horse who had 1 non tote and 1 raceday win out of 48 starts seems excessive.

Also ,have you not worked out that i'm the one not undervaluing mr clark as a trainer.

And i'm the one who thinks the people who think they can improve imperial monarch simply because mr clark no longer trains it,are misjudging things.

Edited by the galah

29 minutes ago, the galah said:

Also ,have you not worked out that i'm the one not undervaluing mr clark as a trainer.

And i'm the one who thinks the people who think they can improve imperial monarch simply because mr clark no longer trains it,are misjudging things.

reading that,I probably didn't word that part quite right.

I have been trying to put across my opinion that

There being 3 parts to my saying he was over valued at $21,000. firstly because i think the prospective buyers have overestimated  they can improve imperial monarch now hes no longer trained and driven by mr clark,secondly because of the longevity factor which i think is very important and thridly based on its race record.

I had thought i had inferred the a clark factor when i said earlier ,people underestimate mr clarks abilty in training young horses.

Thats what i have been trying to say anyway. 

Edited by the galah