NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Prominent Canterbury Owner Calls For ALL Polytrack Racing To Cease in NZ

On 24/09/2024 at 12:21 PM, curious said:

Are you questioning that he actually has a large number of horses in work

No, Simply asked who was training for him now in Canterbury

Sorry to upset you and few others, i didn't know you were so sensitive.

Anyways, i'm moderated so have little if any free speech rights on this site. Good to see you and a few others are exhibiting yours on this subject though.

Edited by JJ Flash
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

No, Simply asked who was training for him now in Canterbury

Sorry to upset you and few others, i didn't know you were so sensitive.

Perhaps they read your other comments about Colin and work out that maybe you aren't entirely genuine in your questions.

The fact is if you were up to speed with what was happening in your racing neighbourhood you would know that Colin Wightman has considerable skin in the game.  It may not be profitable skin but then who is finding things profitable!

41 minutes ago, Executioner said:

It is trained by Sam Wynne.... Does that help you accept that he has horses in work in Canterbury

You moron, but your not alone on this topic where have i said that he does not not have horses in training in Canterbury. I  simply asked who was training them? Curious /Leggy says he knows but didnt divulge at least you did 

Edited by JJ Flash

2 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

You moron, but your not alone on this topic where have i said that he does not not have horses in training in Canterbury. I  simply asked who was training them? Curious /Leggy says he knows but didnt divulge at least you did 

Hang on why the play the man attack?  You live down there - ask around.

In any case why do you need to know who trains Wightmans horses?  

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Hang on why the play the man attack?  You live down there - ask around.

In any case why do you need to know who trains Wightmans horses?  

Because he made a stupid post, a bit like many of yours , im loving the hypocrisy though.

Once again , simpleton , i merely asked who was training for him now in Canterbury. Pam says she's not and she trained his best one that was sold to HKG.

Anyways , good luck to him with Meritable  and his 70 ,horses. Provides NZ punters and breeders with numerous opportunities to make $$$

12 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Because he made a stupid post, a bit like many of yours , im loving the hypocrisy though.

Once again , simpleton , i merely asked who was training for him now in Canterbury. Pam says she's not and she trained his best one that was sold to HKG.

Anyways , good luck to him with Meritable  and his 70 ,horses. Provides NZ punters and breeders with numerous opportunities to make $$$

He's not hard to find if you need to know.

Colin Wightman

RD 7, Rangiora 7477

C.wightman@xtra.co.nz  Phone 0276636401

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

7 minutes ago, Huey said:

This coward won't try to find him, Flash is one for the sideline only.

Another high quality post from Huey. And you wonder why you got red carded elsewhere. Keep the stalking up though even if its becoming very obvious every time i post on here.

Edited by JJ Flash

2 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Next youll be posting my address. I wouldn't put it past you despite all your pleas of non disclosure

Where would I get your address from?  You've indicated on past public posts the region you live in.

Does it matter if Wightman has zero, 2, 70 or 90 horses?

Sure in the past he has ground a few axes and I've not often agreed with him.

The current issue is the maintenance of the Riccarton AWT and its safety.

On that issue from all the reports I've heard or read publicly and privately he has a valid concern.

• Haha 1

CorporateEmail-banner-9900000000079e3c.png

Synthetic Surface Review Released

As we near the end of the 2023/2024 synthetic track season, it is timely to update the industry on the performance of the respective tracks given the Cambridge synthetic track has now raced for three consecutive seasons.  

The below Synthetic Surface Review includes injury and fatality statistics, as provided by Massey University, and gives further insight into the make-up of all three tracks and the necessary maintenance involved to consistently deliver the highest quality surface. 

NZTR has a strong focus on animal welfare and, in view of the industry’s significant investment in the three synthetic tracks at Cambridge, Awapuni and Riccarton, has monitored the performance of the tracks from an animal welfare perspective. 

NZTR constantly reviews the way we operate when it comes to the preparation of tracks, including the three synthetic tracks, and are always looking at how we can improve in this area. In relation to the synthetic tracks, this includes working closely with Martin Collins and importantly utilising the experience gained by Cambridge over the past four years in managing the surface. The lessons learned at Cambridge are conveyed to the other venues to assist with their track preparation techniques. We will continue to monitor data to ensure our venues remain among the safest in the world. 

We are also improving the transparency and communication of information about the synthetic tracks by moving to publish the Clegg hammer readings prior to raceday for all synthetic track meetings. Clegg hammers record the level of compaction of the synthetic profile. The publication of these readings will give comfort that the tracks are where they need to be and avoid speculation and misinformation filling the void

Corporate Communications
New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing
+64 27 252 2803

nztrcommunications@nztr.co.nz

FacebookLinkedInWebsite

24 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

@curious does your device not update?  That information has been posted in a separate thread.

No it doesn't and if you look at your PMs, you'll see that I've asked you about that on more than one occasion but not got an answer :) Though they may have been posted simultaneously in this case?

Edited by curious