NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Prominent Canterbury Owner Calls For ALL Polytrack Racing To Cease in NZ

8 minutes ago, curious said:

No it doesn't and if you look at your PMs, you'll see that I've asked you about that on more than one occasion but not got an answer :) Though they may have been posted simultaneously in this case?

You had issues with your TAB account not refreshing as well.  I don't have the problem with BOAY however there can be a minute or so delay to refreshing.  I'll adjust it again.

12 minutes ago, Freda said:

Which tells us what, exactly?

It tells us that the fatality rate at Cambridge is .52 but the overall synthetic fatality rate is .81 which suggests that Colin is right and that the Riccarton and/or Awapuni tracks are much less safe as reported by NZTR at the roadshows. It also tells us that the topfill is supposed to be 150mms across the track at all 3 tracks which it clearly is not at Riccarton.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, curious said:

It tells us that the fatality rate at Cambridge is .52 but the overall synthetic fatality rate is .81 which suggests that Colin is right and that the Riccarton and/or Awapuni tracks are much less safe as reported by NZTR at the roadshows. It also tells us that the topfill is supposed to be 150mms across the track at all 3 tracks which it clearly is not at Riccarton.

Yep the report certainly vindicates Colin.  Won't the rate be significantly higher than 0.81 at Riccarton as the numbers running there have been considerably less than Cambridge?

That said the figures don't look right to me and their accuracy is totally dependent on accurate reporting.  Is a fatality an ontrack fatality only or does it include fatalities that occurred off-track post on-track activity as well?

12 minutes ago, Murray Fish said:

dear one ask why? 

So! the fat lady has sung?  we can put up the W?

Did, will this make the mainstream media? 

It could do if the likes of the SPCA and other animal welfare organisations become involved. As of today, he had no reply from authorities according to a facebook post. It's only a W if and when the tracks get fixed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I see NZTR in their report said they are subsidising the track maintenance.  They don't do that for many tracks do they?

So there aren't really any excuses unless of course the subsidy is being spent somewhere else.

Unless the subsidy is still insufficient to complete the necessary maintenance.

1 hour ago, curious said:

It could do if the likes of the SPCA and other animal welfare organisations become involved.

I am always interested to see how anyone approaches a H&S a problem like this workplace problem.  My starting point would be to approach the coalface workers, especially so in this instant! I've always found most track workers are happy to share their problems and joys!  

To 'use' Facebook and claim you are not going 'public' is a tad naïve.  Ripe for plenty of unbidden...

no reply from authorities according to a facebook post

Sigh, not really surprising, historically  'Head Office' would use Procedural Politics more the Vatican in dealing with mavericks like Colon.  Of course, that can lead to unbidden.. :)

It's only a W if and when the tracks get fixed.

Yip, and anther thing to add to that long list of mistakes 'that we have learned from'.

Almost quite sad that it actually has come to this, so early in the lives of these track!

Edited by Murray Fish
grammer
  • Like 1

On 24/09/2024 at 10:45 AM, JJ Flash said:

I wonder who is in Canterbury given he said he has horses in training in Canterbury?

20 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Because he made a stupid post, a bit like many of yours , im loving the hypocrisy though.

Once again , simpleton , i merely asked who was training for him now in Canterbury. Pam says she's not and she trained his best one that was sold to HKG.

Anyways , good luck to him with Meritable  and his 70 ,horses. Provides NZ punters and breeders with numerous opportunities to make $$$

Well I may very well be a simpleton but all you need to do is pick up a Raceform or if you are capable look at the online full form and you'll easily find who trains Wightmans horses.

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

has 4 going around at Riccarton on Saturday

He must be due another decent one, it's been a while...    I actually have some nice photo of Colons best one, that long ago CW was still wearing shorts when leading the horse back to scale! Gee,  I recall way back then, there were problems, around the mistakes in that years Free Handicap for that season.