NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Has Tim Mills joined the catering corp?

Trojan

12 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Well I think he said in his phone call that he didn't think they would go really wide today!

He did? That compacted strip down the roses has been the go to on that track for yonks. When I was there during the week it was about a good4 inside and middle but very firm out there. Not sure if that's due to traffic compaction or the irrigation unevenness but it's been like that for 25 years.

I happened to watch a few minutes of the trots last night and they mentioned it was raining so it was lucky Riccarton had applied 56mm of irrigation over the last few days.

I struggle to get my head around this idea that if its going to rain you have to make sure the track is really heavy.

14 hours ago, Doomed said:

they mentioned it was raining so it was lucky Riccarton had applied 56mm of irrigation over the last few days.

I struggle to get my head around this idea that if its going to rain you have to make sure the track is really heavy.

best practice....    

15 hours ago, Doomed said:

I happened to watch a few minutes of the trots last night and they mentioned it was raining so it was lucky Riccarton had applied 56mm of irrigation over the last few days.

If you don't irrigate then you run a very real risk of having a hard pan that when it rains the horses slip aka the Hastings bend.

Between a rock and a wet place.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Be a bugger if the track was stuffed after yesterday and had to race the Cup Meeting on the Synthetic track.

No fear. The only damaged part will be the outside 3 metres where all the racing was conducted!

• Haha 1