Bit Of A Yarn

Hybrid All up

hesi

Is it possible that the TAB could ever offer a hybrid version, namely a mix of tote and FF.

Sometimes a leg has a good value FF price but the other legs may have poor value, so better to risk your chance on a tote price

eg Tauranga $200 all up

1.  Multi(FF), Snitz of Time 2.10, Veine D'Or 1.35, Melarita 1.40 RETURN 793.80

2.  Tote, Snitz of Time 1.80,  Veine D'Or 1.60, Melarita 1.70 RETURN 979.20

3.  Hybrid, Snitz of Time 2.10 FF, Veine D'Or 1.60 tote, Melarita 1.70 tote RETURN 1142.40

8 hours ago, hesi said:

Is it possible that the TAB could ever offer a hybrid version, namely a mix of tote and FF.

Sometimes a leg has a good value FF price but the other legs may have poor value, so better to risk your chance on a tote price

eg Tauranga $200 all up

1.  Multi(FF), Snitz of Time 2.10, Veine D'Or 1.35, Melarita 1.40 RETURN 793.80

2.  Tote, Snitz of Time 1.80,  Veine D'Or 1.60, Melarita 1.70 RETURN 979.20

3.  Hybrid, Snitz of Time 2.10 FF, Veine D'Or 1.60 tote, Melarita 1.70 tote RETURN 1142.40

Can't work.  What amount from your investment would be placed in the tote pool?  You initial investment or the theoretical liability?  

As Boxie states, it wouldn't work. Apart form the impact of your bet into the tote, at which point would you have to decide what the options were.

If you're suggesting they offer the 'best of' in the hybrid, then that would be impossible for them to manage. And open to manipulation of the tote.

1 hour ago, Boxie said:

Can't work.  What amount from your investment would be placed in the tote pool?  You initial investment or the theoretical liability?  

You can do it offshore, wouldn’t it be essentially offering the option rather than putting the bet into the tote pool if that makes sense.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tonkatime! said:

You can do it offshore, wouldn’t it be essentially offering the option rather than putting the bet into the tote pool if that makes sense.

Can you show me where can you take best of fixed and tote? You can take fixed, or best of tote. Is some mad bookie offering best of fixed and tote? Sort of makes fixed redundant. And they also do this on place markets?

19 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Can you show me where can you take best of fixed and tote? You can take fixed, or best of tote. Is some mad bookie offering best of fixed and tote? Sort of makes fixed redundant. And they also do this on place markets?

Beteasy allows you to do it, take them all the time. 

48 minutes ago, mardigras said:

So no one takes fixed odds then since there is zero point. And you can take best of fixed odds and tote the day before as well?

There would be a point if it's best of starting FO or tote wouldn't there? Not highest fluc of either. That would be too good to be true surely?

12 minutes ago, curious said:

There would be a point if it's best of starting FO or tote wouldn't there? Not highest fluc of either. That would be too good to be true surely?

And surely not on NZ racing. Put 10k on something around d 8s. Multi on a place bet best of fixed tote. Put 10k on something else to place just as about to jump. Shift place price up decently. No pools here.

8 minutes ago, mardigras said:

And surely not on NZ racing. Put 10k on something around d 8s. Multi on a place bet best of fixed tote. Put 10k on something else to place just as about to jump. Shift place price up decently. No pools here.

Well, its all about getting best price is it not? 

NZ TAB set pretty shit odds as we know, but many times i get overs with them on grass track harness meetings. Beteasy just mirror nz fixed odds a few hours before first race, so on many occasions i might multi up on nz harness fixed odds with aussie racing, both tote and fixed odds, works fine. Especially as you can mix up ew, win or place, just gives you more options. TAB is just not competing, they are miles away with what punters want. 

I am surprised with all the advice about getting best prices etc by the experts on here, nobody has said, bet less with the tab as you can. Take up promos with other agencies, it will help you greatly, and if you bet on aus racing and sports, just use betfair, no need for complicated systems etc

The only reason I asked, was I thought Snitz of Time was good value at 2.10 FF place, but the other 2 I selected were poor value on FF.  But I'm obliged to go with FF or tote.

Happens a lot on the TAB, they really cramp the FF place odds for favourites, and you usually end up with a better final tote price.

Same with inter meeting, you can only go FF

Newmarket I have 23 bets in total so far today and 9 of them are fixed odds NZ TAB, they are obviously the top odds on those 9 when I took them.

But yes take the promos for sure with the bookies, just be bloody careful with them, I have been burnt 4 or 5 times in the last 10 yrs that has cost me a significant amount of money.

1 hour ago, barryb said:

Newmarket I have 23 bets in total so far today and 9 of them are fixed odds NZ TAB, they are obviously the top odds on those 9 when I took them.

But yes take the promos for sure with the bookies, just be bloody careful with them, I have been burnt 4 or 5 times in the last 10 yrs that has cost me a significant amount of money.

They are all on nz racing?