Bit Of A Yarn

Fixed Odds ???? Where are they!

Harewood

5 hours ago, Brodie said:

The opening odds have continually got shorter for the favourites, to the point where there is absolutely no reason to have a go early!

pretty much.

5 hours ago, Brodie said:

Bookies

They aren't. The word bookies should not be used.  A bookie backs his judgement with the odds on the field. Deciding what horse will win and trying to fleece the punter by giving odds on the rest. A bookie lays horses , the TAB does not. When every horse is unders to begin with then they are not bookies. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

They call themselves Bookies!!!

Daryl Kerrigan opens at FF4.00 tomorrow at Ashburton.

What a flipping joke. Obscene.

I was pleased to see a short price on that and some others. it meant something had to open over the odds and Matai Minky opened over the odds for mine.

7 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

I was pleased to see a short price on that

4 dollars is obscene. 

I watched it in its first run as it ran home with Lilac Becky and thought there was a glimmer. Then the second run at Addington was neither here nor there.

In my book it couldn't beat  Matai Minky and when I look at the field, most of the others.

Could be wrong but 4 dollars doesn't make sense.

5 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

4 dollars is obscene. 

I watched it in its first run as it ran home with Lilac Becky and thought there was a glimmer. Then the second run at Addington was neither here nor there.

In my book it couldn't beat  Matai Minky and when I look at the field, most of the others.

Could be wrong but 4 dollars doesn't make sense.

Seems short at first glance, I wish I could see the Ashburton trial it won by 5 lengths. Maybe it lost 100m at the start and still won who knows.