Bit Of A Yarn

Fixed Odds ???? Where are they!

Harewood

How can an Aussie TAB site that I look up on have fixed odds out for both Addington and Auckland tonight when the NZ Tab carnt. That beggars belief!  Either the Aussie site is guessing the prices or they are setting the NZ market or they have info from the NZ Tab that hasnt been put up yet. They both generally copy the others markets NOT go up first.Will be interesting to see if they have made some big mistakes when the NZ market finally appears. Its not good enough NZ Tab addington is less than 7 hrs away from starting and they carnt get their act together. Oh its nearly Xmas maybe they are on holiday by now.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Harewood said:

Since I posted this I see Auck have put their FOs up and good old adders has got around to going just race one HAHA

They were put out early evening yesterday. Then they get taken down when the TAB goes to bed and get put up once the TAB arrives at work.

They take them down so they don't get stung I imagine.  Risk Adverse policy as always. 

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

Odds still as tight as ever and restrictions down to bugger all still in play, and I thought that the TAB were starting to come around!!!

No such thing, although luv the Xmas racing but this year wont dominate me like it has previously.

TAB show some Xmas cheeer and be more customer friendly and you will achieve better results,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

They were put out early evening yesterday. Then they get taken down when the TAB goes to bed and get put up once the TAB arrives at work.

They take them down so they don't get stung I imagine.  Risk Adverse policy as always. 

Doesn't that mean they have no confidence in the book they first set?

I've long felt that the TAB has a Government Department mentality which doesn't work in a highly competitive market.

Suggest they all spend a month working in the horticulture industry over Christmas then they'll know about what work really is!

What's the bet we will see a notice come out about NZRB and NZTR reduced office hours over the festive season.

1 hour ago, Rangatira said:

more time to play beach cricket with the great grand kids

You are kidding Ranga?

Hard to have great grandkids when u have no grandkids I would say

Have a good Xmas it will give u a chance to refresh your battery to try and have The Brodster on!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Doesn't that mean they have no confidence in the book they first set?

Well, their first set is so tight it has to be way off the mark for something to be backed in.

You can watch the odds all night and nothing will have moved in. Last week at a meeting (can't recall exactly) out of all the races only Such Fun moved in, which was odd in itself. If you wait awhile they let everything out a bit. Favourites 50 cents or a dollar. Lesser favoured horses 3 or 4 dollars.

It is pretty sad to watch really.

Their whole setting of odds is based on paranoia.

18 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Well, their first set is so tight it has to be way off the mark for something to be backed in.

You can watch the odds all night and nothing will have moved in. Last week at a meeting (can't recall exactly) out of all the races only Such Fun moved in, which was odd in itself. If you wait awhile they let everything out a bit. Favourites 50 cents or a dollar. Lesser favoured horses 3 or 4 dollars.

It is pretty sad to watch really.

Their whole setting of odds is based on paranoia.

If nothing moves in or out then the odds are close to what the public think the odds should be. Either that or there is no liquidity in their markets which is a possibiity.

23 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

If nothing moves in or out then the odds are close to what the public think the odds should be. Either that or there is no liquidity in their markets which is a possibiity.

I think people know the TAB are tight asses and can't be bothered getting their money out of their pocket. Wait and see what happens to tote and FF pervades. Massive indifference and apathy.

Not like the old days when horses would move in or out constantly.

On 21/12/2018 at 8:30 AM, Happy Sunrise said:

Thanks for that Happy Didnt realise they put them up the night before for a few minutes and then put them to sleep. No point really. If you want to have a bet before work like I did yesterday at about 7.30am they are not there`. So I didnt bother with the earlier races. The Aus site I was referring to was the WA tab which when I looked would have been at 2.30am and they were open for business. 

Tell me how does this work?  You know that USA dross we get fed from first thing in the morning?  Look at Laurel Park.  The first 4 races were abandoned - now NZ betting.  Lo and behold the first race after 8am (Race 5) is available to bet on and has FF field odds declared.  

For races that have win pools of not much more than $200!  Excuse me but where is the efficiency there?  What's the point?  Wouldn't they be better focusing on the races that their market is truly interested in?

What's more isn't it an unnecessary risk to run FF books on races that have extremely low liquidity?  Or is it a rort?

3 hours ago, Harewood said:

Thanks for that Happy Didnt realise they put them up the night before for a few minutes and then put them to sleep. No point really. If you want to have a bet before work like I did yesterday at about 7.30am they are not there`. So I didnt bother with the earlier races. The Aus site I was referring to was the WA tab which when I looked would have been at 2.30am and they were open for business. 

Harewood the odds for harness are out for approx. 6 hours on the night before the race meeting!!!

16 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I think people know the TAB are tight asses and can't be bothered getting their money out of their pocket. Wait and see what happens to tote and FF pervades. Massive indifference and apathy.

Not like the old days when horses would move in or out constantly.

The opening odds have continually got shorter for the favourites, to the point where there is absolutely no reason to have a go early!

Why on earth they don’t encourage punters to offload as the more the turnover the more they will make!

To open horses that should be paying $3 at say $2.20 defies any sort of logic as no one with any punting ability would bother!

They seem to not be able to see this and it is to the TABs detriment!

I was under the misapprehension that Bookies need people to bet with them ,to make money?

Would be great to see the amount of money going on harness in the night before the meeting, but it appears for some unknown reason that they won’t do this!!