Bit Of A Yarn

Kennel inspections

Yes Yes No

How often would you expect to have a kennel inspection over a 12 month period . 

Would 8 be deemed acceptable with the last one being on Christmas Eve .

I personally think that this is  nothing more than victimisation .

And to make matters worse to be told by the stipe that his dog that raced a couple of weeks earlier is malnourished and he plans to notify the welfare women and his 12 year old is also malnourished.

Stipe says I’m watching you

This is nothing more than more than victimisation by a very troubled Stipendary Steward .

Merv  O’ Brien

42 minutes ago, Yes Yes No said:

How often would you expect to have a kennel inspection over a 12 month period . 

Would 8 be deemed acceptable with the last one being on Christmas Eve .

I personally think that this is  nothing more than victimisation .

And to make matters worse to be told by the stipe that his dog that raced a couple of weeks earlier is malnourished and he plans to notify the welfare women and his 12 year old is also malnourished.

Stipe says I’m watching you

This is nothing more than more than victimisation by a very troubled Stipendary Steward .

Merv  O’ Brien

Does seem very excessive Merv

Possible call to RIU to seek more information? 

1 hour ago, Yes Yes No said:

Of course it’s excessive Jason ,  it’s bloody intimidation.

To tell the trainer his 12 year old is malnourished and he’s going to contact the welfare lady.  

Hes going to have to put it down because it’s got bone cancer.

What a prick of a man

Very sorry state of affairs Merv, i would say get media involved but dogs dont need more negative media attention. 

All you can do is support said trainer and document everything dates etc to show RIU the bully tactics used by said stipe

Guest CrossCodes

What does a Stipe actually know about the health and well-being of a greyhound anyway, and if you said the dog was malnourished that raced a few weeks earlier I’m sure the vet at the racetrack would have noticed.

Is this the same Stipe that everyone seems to be having trouble with? The same one who stole  a trainers partner as mentioned on here a few weeks back?

You will find the riu have a list of people they deem unfit to be in Greyhounds.

They have been targeting this group for several years now waiting for 'slip ups' or 'accidents' to occur. 

I for one find it strange how some trainers rarely have kennel inspections while other have them frequently.

I find it more strange how the stipes turn blind eyes to some kennels that I know for a fact don't meet the current welfare conditions. I.e. dogs being kenneled in trailers

I would recommend taking action if that is the case as discrimination is illegal.

Edited by BitofaLegend

Aquaman from what I gather he didn’t introduce himself he just turned up on Christmas Eve , he thinks it was the starter from the harness .

Cross Codes he actually took the dog that raced in the cup race into the track the meeting after this visit ,  the track vet could not believe that this Stipe insinuated that his dog was malnourished . 

Guest CrossCodes
7 hours ago, Yes Yes No said:

Aquaman from what I gather he didn’t introduce himself he just turned up on Christmas Eve , he thinks it was the starter from the harness .

Cross Codes he actually took the dog that raced in the cup race into the track the meeting after this visit ,  the track vet could not believe that this Stipe insinuated that his dog was malnourished . 

The starter from the harness is Peter Lamb isn’t it? What would he know about greyhounds, has he actually ever watched a greyhound race?

Seems like someone with authority issues who needs to be educated on his position.

11 hours ago, Hard Times said:

Does your dog have bone cancer Merv? Very sorry to hear that. It's an unpleasant road ahead and you can never make the final decision soon enough. You can leave it too late however and it may haunt you. Just some advice having been through it.

Hard Times ,  no it’s not us but the person it happened to had a dog in the NZ Cup final then gets this visit and told him his dogs malnourished and he’s notifying the welfare women and then goes on to say about his 12 year old pet who he’s just been diagnosed with bone cancer  and this lout tells him he’s informing them about his condition and malnourishment  .

He took his dog into Addington and the vet just thought it was laughable that it’s malnourished .

Went on to tell him I’m watching you. 

What can you say to a turd like that

11 hours ago, Yes Yes No said:

Hard Times ,  no it’s not us but the person it happened to had a dog in the NZ Cup final then gets this visit and told him his dogs malnourished and he’s notifying the welfare women and then goes on to say about his 12 year old pet who he’s just been diagnosed with bone cancer  and this lout tells him he’s informing them about his condition and malnourishment  .

He took his dog into Addington and the vet just thought it was laughable that it’s malnourished .

Went on to tell him I’m watching you. 

What can you say to a turd like that

R u talking about Mark Merv. The starter for Harness is Peter Lamb, he is also a Stipe, dual gaited. He would know very little about Greyhounds. He fancy's himself as a prosecutor for the RIU at judicial hearings. His history before becoming a Stipe, starter, prosecutor, was yes you guessed it, a policeman from Darfield I believe. Attained the dizzy heights of Sergeant from what I am told. Ponces about like a real dickhead with an air of arrogance and superiority.

On 31/12/2018 at 9:25 AM, aquaman said:

R u talking about Mark Merv. The starter for Harness is Peter Lamb, he is also a Stipe, dual gaited. He would know very little about Greyhounds. He fancy's himself as a prosecutor for the RIU at judicial hearings. His history before becoming a Stipe, starter, prosecutor, was yes you guessed it, a policeman from Darfield I believe. Attained the dizzy heights of Sergeant from what I am told. Ponces about like a real dickhead with an air of arrogance and superiority.

really needs to focus on becoming a competent starter first and foremost 

• Like 2