Bit Of A Yarn

Well done Stipes - You nail them!!!!

Brodie

Second day at Westport, last race, the Stipes nailed Stevie Goulding for using the whip excessively and fined him $300.

Yep well done Stipes on picking up that he had used the whip 14 times rather than the permitted 10 times!

He used back handers which seemed to be hard to decipher but you Stipes are far cleverer than that.

Stevie Goulding was a joint winner of the junior drivers award with Robbie Close one year.

He is now out of his Junior time and has barely driven the last year or so as he has found other employment.

Stevie is a very likeable young bloke who had enough sense to not be reliant on being involved in harness racing as he has got the intelligence to realise that there is barely a living in the industry for young participants.

The fact that these Stipes have to follow such a blatantly stupid rule aimed solely at taking money off our drivers to Full the coffers of HRNZ is so wrong!!!

Stevie Goulding came out of harness racing semi retirement to try his best for the owners and trainer of the horse he was driving, and runs second with a very good drive and then is hammered by a fine of $300,  which would be more than his driving fee!!

Yes I know I wank on all the time about this excessive whip rule, but my reasoning is that if Brodie continues to wank on enough, then you may decide to review it!!!

The bit about appeasing SAFE is just blatant BS!!

HRNZ it is Xmas time, why don’t you refund Mr Goulding the $300 that you took off him, because he wanted to win a race for the punter, owner and trainer!

What was he meant to do?   

Not drive his horse out????

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 2

And now he has given up again - flagged Refton and Rick May took drives  - a great asset for the sport poisoned again by over zealous Mormon look a likes .

A first offence for a very longtime absent young driver does not warrant a top end fine - an experienced long period senior horseman gets $200 - less than Stevie Golding .

The result is a talent is lost !

Edited by LongOwner
  • Like 4
  • Champ Post 1

46 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The Stipes consistently get it effing wrong!

Drivers get done for trying and Tony Herlihy in Auckland Clearly cheated  and yet gets to hold a race!

The so called RIU is no such thing, and needs to change its name!

Not sure you could say herlihy cheated, thats tough. Up to the stipes, but i agree, horse should have been put out. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brodie said:

Second day at Westport, last race, the Stipes nailed Stevie Goulding for using the whip excessively and fined him $300.

Yep well done Stipes on picking up that he had used the whip 14 times rather than the permitted 10 times!

He used back handers which seemed to be hard to decipher but you Stipes are far cleverer than that.

Stevie Goulding was a joint winner of the junior drivers award with Robbie Close one year.

He is now out of his Junior time and has barely driven the last year or so as he has found other employment.

Stevie is a very likeable young bloke who had enough sense to not be reliant on being involved in harness racing as he has got the intelligence to realise that there is barely a living in the industry for young participants.

The fact that these Stipes have to follow such a blatantly stupid rule aimed solely at taking money off our drivers to Full the coffers of HRNZ is so wrong!!!

Stevie Goulding came out of harness racing semi retirement to try his best for the owners and trainer of the horse he was driving, and runs second with a very good drive and then is hammered by a fine of $300,  which would be more than his driving fee!!

Yes I know I wank on all the time about this excessive whip rule, but my reasoning is that if Brodie continues to wank on enough, then you may decide to review it!!!

The bit about appeasing SAFE is just blatant BS!!

HRNZ it is Xmas time, why don’t you refund Mr Goulding the $300 that you took off him, because he wanted to win a race for the punter, owner and trainer!

What was he meant to do?   

Not drive his horse out????

Late charge for post of the year...one step forward and 3 steps back for the harness industry!

• Like 1