Bit Of A Yarn

Bigtime Ivo = Bigtime Savage

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but when during this race did the winner Mar or fail to chase?

Rule 55 states, "during a race" but not after the race.

55. MARRING AND FAILING TO PURSUE

55.1 Where a Greyhound: (a) Mars the running of any other Greyhound during a Race; or (b) Fails to pursue the Lure in a Race;

Stipendiary Stewards Report

Waikato Greyhound Racing Club Cambridge Raceway ON FRIDAY 04 Jan 2019
Judicial report: 1) - BIGTIME IVO (race 1) stood down 28 days and until the completion of a satisfactory trial for failing to pursue.

INCIDENT REPORT

BIGTIME IVO (4) - slow away. Checked first turn. Turned head outwards toward another runner in the final straight. Veterinary examination revealed a lacerated right stopper pad with a 10 day stand down imposed. . Subsequently stood down for 28 days and the completion of a satisfactory trial for failing to pursue the lure with due commitment throughout the entirety of the event

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but when during this race did the winner Mar or fail to chase?

55.1 Where a Greyhound: (a) Mars the running of any other Greyhound during a Race; or (b) Fails to pursue the Lure in a Race;

Judicial report: 1) - BIGTIME IVO (race 1) stood down 28 days and until the completion of a satisfactory trial for failing to pursue.

INCIDENT REPORT

BIGTIME IVO (4) - slow away. Checked first turn. Turned head outwards toward another runner in the final straight. Veterinary examination revealed a lacerated right stopper pad with a 10 day stand down imposed. . Subsequently stood down for 28 days and the completion of a satisfactory trial for failing to pursue the lure with due commitment throughout the entirety of the event

Easy answer right in the same rule book, page #5.

What is a race?

"Race means the competitive pursuit of a Lure by two (2) or more Greyhounds in a Greyhound race and includes a Heat, Consolation Race, Semi-Final or Final."

The greyhounds are still competing beyond the winning post. The winning post is an imaginary line that determines finishing positions for gambling & purse purposes only. Nowhere in GRNZ's definition of "race" or within the rules, does it state that the race ends at the winning post.

I believe the "race" begins when the lids pop open and ends when the first greyhound makes contact with the lure. At that point the "race" is over, even thought the "winning post" was crossed long before that point on the track.

11 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Easy answer right in the same rule book, page #5.

What is a race?

"Race means the competitive pursuit of a Lure by two (2) or more Greyhounds in a Greyhound race and includes a Heat, Consolation Race, Semi-Final or Final."

The greyhounds are still competing beyond the winning post. The winning post is an imaginary line that determines finishing positions for gambling & purse purposes only. Nowhere in GRNZ's definition of "race" or within the rules, does it state that the race ends at the winning post.

I believe the "race" begins when the lids pop open and ends when the first greyhound makes contact with the lure. At that point the "race" is over, even thought the "winning post" was crossed long before that point on the track.

Danny, again this is your opinion only, 

And going by your interpretation Ben Craik wouldn't have any dogs to train as none of this breed dogs go to the lure after a race

and would all be put out for not chasing the lure 

My opinion is the race is finished at the winning post.

Under the rule book it does not say either way, so what is the correct rule.

If I was the trainer I would be taking it to the JCA

• Like 2

From the ultra close up of the #8 and prior to the initial panned out shot I first posted.

Capture.PNG.3900e026c9984db51c1436d7e19a0914.PNG

The image in the panned out shot doesn't show up in the ultra close up, as the camera is too zoomed in on the #8 to see the actions of the #4.

I'm sure the head on, which us mortals are not entitled to see usually, would tell the same story the Steward told on the day.

Edited by Yankiwi

The race is finished at the finish line. What happens after that has no effect as far as the dogs manners are concerned. Many dogs do not go into the lure. Many dogs are guilty of fighting after the finish line. Dogs cannot be penalised for offence's after the finish line.

A race must finish at the finish line, otherwise it is not a race.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

Don't get confused with what you, me or anyone else "thinks" is a race.

According to the rule book, a "Race means the competitive pursuit of a Lure by two (2) or more Greyhounds in a Greyhound race and includes a Heat, Consolation Race, Semi-Final or Final."

Therefore a "race", in GRNZ terms, ~

• Does not have a starting or finishing point.
  • Does not require a track.
  • Does not require gambling.
  • A two or more dog trial meets the criteria to be a race. Therefore a dog could be charged for marring or FTP in such trial.
  • More than one dog training on a drag line in the same pull at home = race.
  • Two pups chasing the stuffed animal you just threw across the back section = race.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Buddy, you just make sure you keep that special helmet of your's on because one more knock to your sweed and it'll be all over red rover.

Quoting stuff from GRNZ that doesn't exist,  just to stir goes to show just how messed up you really are.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/Files/Rules of Racing/J001839 MASTER GRNZ Rules of Racing effective 1 August 2018 (clean) - 30... (1).pdf

Page 5 (not the 5th page of the rule book, the page marked as #5).

I always thought James Bond was a detective & would do a bit of research.

Capture.PNG

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Therefore a "race", in GRNZ terms, ~

• Does not have a starting or finishing point.
  • Does not require a track.
  • Does not require gambling.
  • A two or more dog trial meets the criteria to be a race. Therefore a dog could be charged for marring or FTP in such trial.
  • More than one dog training on a drag line in the same pull at home = race.
  • Two pups chasing the stuffed animal you just threw across the back section = race.

• Champ Post 1

4 hours ago, James Bond said:

As you seem to understand the rule book more proficiently than I do, please quote me the GRNZ rule number which states where a "race"

1. Begins?
  2. Ends?
  3. Must be competed on a track?
  4. Requires gambling?
  5. Exempts a trial from a Marring or FTP charge?
  6. Exempts training techniques from being a race?

Go ahead & prove me wrong.

2 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

As you seem to understand the rule book more proficiently than I do, please quote me the GRNZ rule number which states where a "race"

1. Begins?
  2. Ends?
  4. Requires gambling?

Gezz yankiwi, you race under greyhound australasian rules as the governing body, if the race dosn't finish till the dog gets to the lure then every dog over here would be put out because they don't get the lure ,i think anyone in there right mind knows the race starts at the boxes and finishes at the line, don't know anyone else but i have never been paid for getting to the lure first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have yet to find a race that does not have a finish. It cannot be a race unless there is a start and finish. If a race does not have a start or finish, then it is not a race. This concept should be easy to understand. In the case of Greyhounds, it starts at the boxes, and finishes at the finish line. This is why its called a finish line. 99.9% of people understand this to be so.

• Champ Post 1

On ‎6‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 3:53 PM, James Bond said:

Buddy, you just make sure you keep that special helmet of your's on because one more knock to your sweed and it'll be all over red rover.

Quoting stuff from GRNZ that doesn't exist,  just to stir goes to show just how messed up you really are.

On ‎6‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 9:00 PM, Yankiwi said:

1. Begins?
  2. Ends?
  4. Requires gambling?

Had a very funny feeling you'd go quiet.

Maybe Honestly or Jason could point these out for me?

Edited by Yankiwi

On 6/01/2019 at 12:30 PM, James Bond said:

OK can you show the ultra close up of the third dogs head in the original same shot.

My opinion is the shot you have taken is when the dog switched ground and went from outside to inside the 8 dog

Still waiting for you to answer this one first

On ‎6‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 10:08 AM, James Bond said:

INCIDENT REPORT

The Stipe of the day  got this job because of Connections she has within this structure.  A Nice Person to deal with but her experience for the Task at hand is very limited. Gavin Whiterod pulls her Strings. In my opinion this was a very harsh charge.The dog in question raced within all boundaries until after the Line....  Fuck me, if you want all the dogs that have been naughty after the Line.. Winning Post,  Finish, call it what you like..That would take too much time and limit the resources to track down all the missing dogs......

• Like 1

Cichlid, are you saying the 4 dog in question got put out. If so, I hope the connections take it to the JCA, As the dog in question was not guilty of any offense under the rules.

There was a dog at Addington some years ago that was notorious for going for the balls of the winning dog at the lure. I well remember my dog Aqua Fling being shunted over the running rail by this naughty dog trying to rip his balls out, in fact it was the catalyst for getting the safety fence erected at this course. It was a Token Prince dog, and they had a reputation for this sort of thing. Having said all that, this dog never committed any offense during the race, only after the finish line where he seemed to know which dog was the winner, and only ever attacked that dog. There was never any warnings for the connections, and catchers of this dog after this trait became apparent always got in quick to get him out before he was able to do damage. Some dogs simply become very selfish over the lure, and this is a natural trait.

37 minutes ago, BitofaLegend said:

There needs to be monitoring of what dogs do after the line. A dog attacking another dog can ruin careers and I've seen a few nasty incidents where stipes have done nothing about it.

Agree totaly Legend but unless the rules have changed I don't think wayward antics after the line is catered for.