Bit Of A Yarn

Reefton tomorrow

Anyone(Shad?) who can make it there tomorrow come and make yourself known

I will be on the PA(so will be easy enough to track down) but will make sure you get a free beer or whatever(maybe even a bit of a feed if you time it right)

Even if it a contributor from the other side you will be most welcome(just come and say hello)

• Champ Post 1

59 minutes ago, Shad said:

Watching a few on the TV, they certainly were flying up there, 1.21 and change in the last race would be close to a track record, even 2.02 for the 2000m, track in great nick for sure.

Even I have to be dubious about the 1.21 Shad. That would not be far off an NZ record would it and realistically they are not going to set an NZ record at little old Reefton.  

The track was lightning fast but everyone was happy with it and complaints about it were non existent so all good.

Very happy with the day.

4 hours ago, Shad said:

Watching a few on the TV, they certainly were flying up there, 1.21 and change in the last race would be close to a track record, even 2.02 for the 2000m, track in great nick for sure.

We'll take 1.21 and change and say it's 100 per cent correct. ??

From one very happy part-owner of Attimo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

Congratulations on that.  Impressive performance.  Managed to back it as well but still a little doubtful re that time I'm afraid.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Reefton said:

Even I have to be dubious about the 1.21 Shad. That would not be far off an NZ record would it and realistically they are not going to set an NZ record at little old Reefton.  

The track was lightning fast but everyone was happy with it and complaints about it were non existent so all good.

Very happy with the day.

Yeah agree, but don't matter to much, and will be reeftons claim to fame if this was the last hurrah, all horses and riders pulled up well by the look of things, can't ask for much else.

7 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

Good on ya, and congratulations on the win, no excuses for the beaten brigade, wins are hard to come by, so soak up the glory and keep watching that replay for the next month or so.

• Champ Post 1

4 hours ago, Freda said:

Turnover pleasing?

Yes Pam. $85k on a weekday(even if the holidays are still in place for some) is not too bad.  Good day, good safe racing, good atmosphere and all up pretty pleased.  Just hope it is not the last time for the course.

I gave Winston and his cronies a serve in the President's speech. That was my personal highlight(other than backing that last winner that is)

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

54 minutes ago, Reefton said:

Yes Pam. $85k on a weekday(even if the holidays are still in place for some) is not too bad.  Good day, good safe racing, good atmosphere and all up pretty pleased.  Just hope it is not the last time for the course.

I gave Winston and his cronies a serve in the President's speech. That was my personal highlight(other than backing that last winner that is)

Wish I could have heard it..!

3 hours ago, Shad said:

Nice stakes on offer at hokie on Tuesday, fields reflects that to.

They've got $400000 in the bank - there is a threat Witless Win will get his hands on it so can afford better stakes.  

Plus they are paying a trainers incentive $150 per runner