Bit Of A Yarn

Kapiti Trots - How can they make a profit??

Brodie

Kapiti T.C. Race at Otaki on Friday and Sunday as they normally do this time of year.

I beleive that normally they have pretty good sized fields but this year the numbers are pathetic.

Nine races and only about 64 horses lining up at this stage, so on average only 7 per race!

Michael House has taken approx 9 up and has one in every race!

Maybe he could win the whole card?

The Thing is, it Must have been  touch and go whether they raced If House hadn’t taken up 9?

There is no way that this meeting could be profitable for the club and the TAB, so what is the future of the Central Districts Harness?

I note from an article today that Motukarara is a course that looks like it may well be closed down at some stage!!!

Interesting times for racing in this country!

Edited by Brodie

13 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Kapiti T.C. Race at Otaki on Friday and Sunday as they normally do this time of year.

I beleive that normally they have pretty good sized fields but this year the numbers are pathetic.

Nine races and only about 64 horses lining up at this stage, so on average only 7 per race!

The Thing is, it Must have been  touch and go whether they raced If House hadn’t taken up 9?

There is no way that this meeting could be profitable for the club and the TAB, so what is the future of the Central Districts Harness?

I note from an article today that Motukarara is a course that looks like it may well be closed down at some stage!!!

I think the Abernathys will win the card Brodie. 

11 hours ago, Rangatira said:

is this your assumption or was it mentioned in the article ?

can you provide a link to this article ?

Rangatira, why do you always want to try and prove Brodie wrong?

Brodie as you know has never ever  told a porky and his statements are backed by fact!

Yes it was in the article yesterday, about the Stratford course being closed, it mentioned Mot. being one of the tracks on the hit list amongst many others.

I will look for the article again later, about to go out, but rest assured Ranga, Brodie never just makes things up!

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Brodie said:

Last year's fields were larger due to a minimum stake of $9k per race.

This year four of the races are for $7k, four are for $8k and the cup for $10k (down from $12 or $14k last year).

It's a long way from the larger north island horse population and travel / accommodation costs make the excursion hard to justify.

Am surprised M House and the other southerners have made the trip, but assume they may stay up for the Manawatu meetings on May 12 and 14.

The whisper is that the Kapiti club is wanting to merge with Manawatu - it wouldn't be hard to imagine that if they don't this meeting may well be the final curtain for them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Rangatira, why do you always want to try and prove Brodie wrong?

re the above nonsense

suggesting its a porkie would be way too kind so i will state it is not factual and thereby a total lie

perhaps you do it so often you don't realise you are doing it, of course that is no excuse.

35 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

re the above nonsense

suggesting its a porkie would be way too kind so i will state it is not factual and thereby a total lie

perhaps you do it so often you don't realise you are doing it, of course that is no excuse.

Ranga, what is a total lie?

People on here must know by now your total game plan!

What is your need to try and have a go at Brodie?

I find it very distressing and cutting and it just makes me feel very low!

Please Ranga, why can you not be nice to Brodie???

3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Ranga, what is a total lie?

People on here must know by now your total game plan!

I find it very distressing and cutting and it just makes me feel very low!

Please Ranga, why can you not be nice to Brodie???

amongst the very few things that i have ALWAYS done what you mention is not one of them

gross exaggeration shows weakness

8 minutes ago, Brodie said:

i had read the actual release by nztr and your bit re motukarara was not part of it and knowing how you exaggerate i wanted to see where you got this from

ps: the article by mike watson re stratford and hawera facing the axe is full of inaccuracies

❤️ love ❤️

ranga

15 hours ago, Rangatira said:

is this your assumption or was it mentioned in the article ?

can you provide a link to this article ?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/racing/110239425/nztr-propose-to-make-10-racetracks-redundant-this-year

Many of the 10 tracks NZTR proposes to cease racing at are dual purpose with harness racing meetings also held at the venues.

"The Messara Report slated for closure: Dargaville, Avondale, Thames, Rotorua, Wairoa, Stratford, Hawera, Waipukurau, Woodville, Reefton, Greymouth, Hokitika, Motukarara, Timaru, Kurow, Oamaru, Waimate, Omakau, Winton, and Gore."

"clipped from linked article"

As most on here know Brodie and I do not often agree but in this case he is dead right. Kapiti, in fact Central Districts harness as a whole, cannot survive if small fields like this become the norm.

Michael House supports the area by entering horses in most races. That is good for him and his owners and also good for this clubs because without Houses' horses many races would have six or seven poor quality starters. But there is another side to this also, his dominance. Michael House is too successful and wins the majority of the races in the area leaving crumbs for local trainers. Local trainers will not survive if this continues.

It is great to see that House has Sheree Tomlinson driving most of his team. She is an asset to harness racing and is already an accomplished driver who will only get better if she keeps getting support like this from trainers. Well done Michael.

Edited by OLDWHITEMAN
  • Like 1

Old Whiteman, you may say that you don’t agree with Brodie and your prerogative obviously!

There are always people who won’t agree with what is said on here, Reality is though that Brodie is always on the money!

I am still waiting for Ranga and Basil to tell me what the lies or porkies that ai have told?

The truth is that I haven’t told any and that is why there is silence from them!,

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rangatira said:

i had read the actual release by nztr and your bit re motukarara was not part of it and knowing how you exaggerate i wanted to see where you got this from

ps: the article by mike watson re stratford and hawera facing the axe is full of inaccuracies

❤️ love ❤️

ranga

FFS, Ranga!

It clearly says that Mot. is on the hit list!!!

Go annoy the other site!

5 hours ago, Brodie said:

Old Whiteman, you may say that you don’t agree with Brodie and your prerogative obviously!

There are always people who won’t agree with what is said on here, Reality is though that Brodie is always on the money!

I am still waiting for Ranga and Basil to tell me what the lies or porkies that ai have told?

The truth is that I haven’t told any and that is why there is silence from them!,

I don't think you are always on the money but on this occasion you are. I think the duo you mention did not read the whole article and I can't really blame them because it is boring and badly written. The information about Motukarara closing should have been near the top of the article not hidden near the bottom. Nevertheless, facts are facts and the article states Motukarara is slated to close in the Messanara Report so you didn't lie.

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

What?..

I think "Ranga" as you call him is referring to the below  posts which I think you may have misread and jumped at.

7 hours ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

As most on here know Brodie and I do not often agree but in this case he is dead right

5 hours ago, Brodie said:

Time for Spec savers Brodie ? 

Brodie is “always on the money”

Brodie has never once told a porky on either Harness site!

Ranga and/or Basil, stop talking BS and saying that Brodie has told porkies!!

No riddles or crap, tell me what is the porky or porkies that I have told???

I am waiting!!!!!!

• Like 1