Bit Of A Yarn

WELLINGTON RC....CLUELESS!!

Thomass

What the fuck would you know? 

Look how the track is playing. 

Trentham has had much more rain in the last 48 hours (56.3mm) than Ellerslie, yet look at the difference!

Sort out your own problems before mouthing off about something you know nothing of. 

P.S. They will be lucky if there is not an accident later today at Ellerslie as they all try to get to the outside fence or possibly over it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dark Beau said:

Trentham has had much more rain in the last 48 hours (56.3mm) than Ellerslie, yet look at the difference!

Sort out your own problems before mouthing off about something you know nothing of. 

P.S. They will be lucky if there is not an accident later today at Ellerslie as they all try to get to the outside fence or possibly over it. 

Didn't see any particular instances of anything dangerous at Ellerslie today. But hey why let the facts get in the way of a bit of hyperbole?

3 hours ago, Dark Beau said:

Disingenuous to quote the 48 hour figure. 

Ellerslie had 19mm overnight and a further 17mm since scratching time.

The fact is a shitload of rain hit Ellerslie in a very short space of time.

Whilst your statement is factually correct you're doing what those politicians you love so much do and cherry picking facts to suit your argument.

17 minutes ago, pete said:

Disingenuous to quote the 48 hour figure. 

Ellerslie had 19mm overnight and a further 17mm since scratching time.

The fact is a shitload of rain hit Ellerslie in a very short space of time.

Whilst your statement is factually correct you're doing what those politicians you love so much do and cherry picking facts to suit your argument.

Come on Pete.....Trentham's rainfall for the 24 hours to 9:00 am THIS MORNING was 46.4 mm.

I never criticised Trentham. I thought it actually ran pretty well. You have to remember though that it was a low interest meeting with small fields.

There's no disputing that Ellerslie had some serious rain this morning and that most of the races were not run against the outside fence as you alluded to.

You just seem to be taking parochial potshots. The fact that the two class mares fought out a great finish in the Bonecrusher should tell you that the track wasn't as bad as you're trying to make out it was.

Thomas, what was your headline?

I just get sick and tired of the clueless or uneducated attacks on Trentham from posters in the North. 

The race today between the two great mates was fantastic and had me enthralled all the way down the straight. 

It is a fact that they got off the rail very very early in the program that sadly says that the drainage isn’t working properly yet.

LET me assure you that it will in due course. 

It took five years for Trentham to come right after they did exactly the same with their lateral drains. I know that people don’t believe me when I say it, but the soil structure still needs to change after years of compactment, before they will work at maximum capacity. 

If you still don’t believe me check out the quality of surface Trentham has provided for the last 3 years excluding of course the June/July meetings in the middle of winter. 

Cheers all. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dark Beau said:

Thomas, what was your headline?

I just get sick and tired of the clueless or uneducated attacks on Trentham from posters in the North. 

The race today between the two great mates was fantastic and had me enthralled all the way down the straight. 

It is a fact that they got off the rail very very early in the program that sadly says that the drainage isn’t working properly yet.

LET me assure you that it will in due course. 

It took five years for Trentham to come right after they did exactly the same with their lateral drains. I know that people don’t believe me when I say it, but the soil structure still needs to change after years of compactment, before they will work at maximum capacity. 

If you still don’t believe me check out the quality of surface Trentham has provided for the last 3 years excluding of course the June/July meetings in the middle of winter. 

Cheers all. 

You'll have noted I mentioned NOTHING wrt soil structure...

Clearly it's worked...almost too well...with a real rail bias now

If you'd heard Treweek on Trackside you'd understand

"we didn't think the rain would come...we left it in the rail position because of that...but now its come they should be racing off the rail which will preserve it for next week"

Verbatim...

WTF??  Why would a club destroy the good ground out to 8 Metres...on a piddling day...when there's a Premier meeting the week after??

CLUELESS

Edited by Thomass

So Wodger James was asked "what do you think of the Track Wodger"

"Its as ruff as a barking dog that's been barking all night"

verbatim

What a joke then...

Expecting a rain affected track the week before...anyone could see it was coming

Keeping the rail true...on a crap meeting day

Then having a Premier meeting the week after...Oaks Day

CLUELESS

• Champ Post 1

And the Stipes FAILED big time in assessing accurate track conditions

Sherwin making the observation that it was WAYYY worse than D5 right from the get go.

Stipes waiting until after the second to change the reading

Why on earth are Punters still not receiving these actual pen. Readings that have been taken??

• Champ Post 1

And this track reading was so inaccurate..from the final revised D6 zone

Where Bruce Sherwin's historical stats produced an identical S8

Htf could the Feds be soooo out of touch??

Dont they have comparative times with each reading?

Obviously not

• Champ Post 1

And get this...The so called PUNTERS LOUNGE on Trackside...

where supposedly Punters receive all the up to date info...

Didnt even bother interviewing the Track Manager...and then as per usual...

Lisa Allpress is out there with her own 'stick'..finding the best ground..then pointing to a 'lane' to her fellow walker...seemingly indicating that's the place to be

So we saw all this occurring on Trackside...as RODLEY and the Dog man Roso pontificated about the Track...guessing...

...as Lisa walked within 10M of their cosy tete eh teet...and straight past!!

ffs...wtf was producing that show??  Magoo??

And Rodley is Lisa's manager!!

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

So catching up with Way In...

Guerin and Sherwin as critical as could be expected for a couple of 'moderates'...

Guerin " why the f did they not save the Good ground out to 8M from a shit meeting last week"

almost verbatim

Sherwin

"wtf is the big secret with not giving out the Pen. Readings ffs..there was no f in way that track was EVER a D5...My times had it syncing with a S8"

verbatim

Brucy obviously reads this site 

Onya Brucy

Its a complete f in mystery that's what...

..but the RIU and Track Managers are in cahoots...to avoid blushes and red spank ass embarrassment 

"And SCREW the Punters...wtf should they know"??

yea...why indeed

3 hours ago, Thomass said:

So catching up with Way In...

Guerin and Sherwin as critical as could be expected for a couple of 'moderates'...

Guerin " why the f did they not save the Good ground out to 8M from a shit meeting last week"

almost verbatim

Sherwin

"wtf is the big secret with not giving out the Pen. Readings ffs..there was no f in way that track was EVER a D5...My times had it syncing with a S8"

verbatim

Brucy obviously reads this site 

Onya Brucy

Its a complete f in mystery that's what...

..but the RIU and Track Managers are in cahoots...to avoid blushes and red spank ass embarrassment 

"And SCREW the Punters...wtf should they know"??

yea...why indeed

Tommo, there's a word that describes the actions of these people...'arrogance'.  Still living in the days when racing actually made a buck...and their excesses were overlooked. Not any more boys. Pull yer feckin socks up.

Yep

Look koppa...I'm actually all for the rail to stay in the True position EVERY day...like the olde days at Ellerslie...every course...

But if the movable rail is there

WTF would you leave it in the TRUE for a crap meeting...

before Oaks day...Its nonsensical 

And it was buggery bollocks when Treweak said

"oh we didn't see that rain coming on the first day"

Even without the rain it still would have stuffed the rail though

where Wodger James said "welly welly disappointing that track is WUFF"

yea yep

So I've heard Trentham has a new Track heirachy 

Maybe this person/s didn't take any advice as to either the rail position or how to take an accurate reading of the Course...

Makes sense now...

Rodley guessing the Track...Oatham to shy to come on and guess...the new heirachy too shy/ignorant to guess...

Allpress knew...in the background dipping her stick...while Rome burned on the panel...but she walked straight past the panel....backs turned...

...but we saw her...

..what a flamin circus...

Sherwin "my time synced with an S8...Not a D 6"

And they wonder why Punters have buggered off

So this new Committee is simply OUTSTANDING...on paper...

Never in the history of Racing Club commiteeeeees have Bios been so SUBSTANTIAL 

http://www.trentham.co.nz/committee.aspx

Some of them then...need to get hold of the 'new track management heirachy' and tell them..

...THE TRACK IS EVERYTHING

....and never again race a shitt meeting on a wet track...on the rail...

...the week before a Premier Oaks Day...

that's called stupidity...ok new heirachy??