Bit Of A Yarn

I am thankful for harness racing because...

Happy Sunrise

Trotting on the grass is a pleasure to behold. More important now than ever.

Friday will be ringing in our ears for decades to come. Americans have their dark days. The day the Japanese attacked Pearl. The day JFK was assassinated in Dallas. Armstrong's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind. The morning of 9-11 and of course hundreds of devastating gun massacres.

We had the Ballantyne fire in 1947, the Wahine disaster in 1968. The horrible news of the missing DC 10 flight 901 at Antarctica in 1979 and the deadline passing for when it ran out of fuel. The Pike River disaster and the Christchurch earthquake both in 2010 and of course Friday's nightmare. I'm missing out a lot of major events of course but you get my drift. Historical events that for better or worse become part of this ride we call life. 

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

13 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

...I get to relax at grass track meetings in summer after a long week at work and enjoy the beauty of the horses.

(After Friday and the political thread I thought it was time to reflect and be thankful)

Sadly, I have to disagree. Having just finished trawling through the now-closed 'political' thread , I've come to the conclusion that harness racing is, after all, doomed (and for reasons that have nothing to do with the All Stars, who are actually its great shining light).

To characterise that thread as depressing would be a masterclass in understatement. The views of some (most?) contributors can only be described (politely) as disturbing, and exactly replicate those of the justifiably-'egged' Fraser Anning.

Engagement with such people is futile. Kundera's analogy is apt: "Imagine you meet a madman who claims we are all fish. Are you going to argue with him? Are you going to undress and show him that you don't have fins?" Not unless wasting your own time is high on your list of priorities.

Thank you and good night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Basil said:

Sadly, I have to disagree. Having just finished trawling through the now-closed 'political' thread , I've come to the conclusion that harness racing is, after all, doomed (and for reasons that have nothing to do with the All Stars, who are actually its great shining light).

To characterise that thread as depressing would be a masterclass in understatement. The views of some (most?) contributors can only be described (politely) as disturbing, and exactly replicate those of the justifiably-'egged' Fraser Anning.

Engagement with such people is futile. Kundera's analogy is apt: "Imagine you meet a madman who claims we are all fish. Are you going to argue with him? Are you going to undress and show him that you don't have fins?" Not unless wasting your own time is high on your list of priorities.

Well done basil, so you condone a man being assaulted for having an opinion (and like everyone else he vehemently condemned the the terror attack) albeit a poorly timed opinion.. but you think he deserved it, I bet you also would have said that if he were badly hurt or worse....the last thing people have in this world is free speech which is slowly being taken away by virtue signalers people like yourself who condone violence to suit your own agenda but condemn people's right to free speech when it offends you!

Edited by Flagship uberalles
  • Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Basil said:

I thought you were better than that, Basil.

Whether one likes it or not, the views of Anning etc are real and to bow down before them is to let them win. How that equates to doom for harness racing is difficult to link as well.

Never took you for a defeatist.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

4 hours ago, Basil said:

Your usual load of twaddle Mr Brush.

Yes, of course the All Stars are the great shining light in harness racing. Those insular folk who believe that are viewing a very small picture that completely ignores the fact harness racing is not just about one stable and their small group owners harvesting most of the meaningful gold in the game season after season. Anyone who has the audacity to see a potentially different picture are automatically your enemy which is why you and that wimp brain cross dresser are so scathing and ridiculing of Brodie.

One day when you stop rimming each other and come up for air you will see Brodie is invariably close to the mark. 

• Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Joe Kidd said:

which is why you and that wimp brain cross dresser are so scathing and ridiculing of Brodie.

Yet in the same breath, you do the same. That is what I can't quite follow to be straight up.

Basil, JJ and others are allowed to have their say regardless and I don't believe they need to be ridiculed for their support of the All-Stars. They may well indeed be right in their views! No one knows which argument is right for sure.

It is quite clear Friday's events teach people nothing. Nothing at all. Especially, how to get along. How bloody depressing is that?

• Like 1

To be fair most of us just want to post and make comments!

Personally I can not be bothered arguing with the same old dickheads, that also did the same on the Darkside!

They are only out to have Brodie on, whether he has a good point or not!!

Brodie is always on the money whether you agree with me or not!

There are several from the other dilapidated site, that have changed their names and are only here to stir!

I am not going to name them, but they know who they are and if you are going to continue to be a pain in the arse, then just piss off back to where you came from!

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Yet in the same breath, you do the same. That is what I can't quite follow to be straight up.

Basil, JJ and others are allowed to have their say regardless and I don't believe they need to be ridiculed for their support of the All-Stars. They may well indeed be right in their views! No one knows which argument is right for sure.

It is quite clear Friday's events teach people nothing. Nothing at all. Especially, how to get along. How bloody depressing is that?

Let's just say there is a long history there stretching back around five years at the oxidation pond. I acknowledge he does know a bit about the game but he's the quintessential online troll who would never have the bottle to throw his fluff offline.

This is a new website so I thought time to move on with fresh starts etc. So what does the shitheel do? Restarts his fluff throwing with me. Some things never change and his boyfriends JJ and cross dresser are also worthy only of scathing contempt. Yes, they are entitled to express their perspective but when that perspective is licking Mark Purdon's arse and ridiculing anyone who doesn't , I will return serve with interest. 

Seems obvious they are deliberately attempting to undermine this site. I recall there being virtually no traffic at the oxidation pond and when there was, it was invariably Brodie putting up a perspective worth discussing. Along comes Basil Brush and ridicules the input and the site goes quiet for another week. It became an established pattern. The other dickheads are cut from the same cloth.   

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 3

24 minutes ago, Joe Kidd said:

but he's the quintessential online troll

Couldn't disagree more. Basil has his own thoughts and the thread about winning the KPC was legendary. 

24 minutes ago, Joe Kidd said:

Some things never change and his boyfriends JJ and cross dresser are also worthy only of scathing contempt.

No wonder they fire up with crap like like that.

25 minutes ago, Joe Kidd said:

The other dickheads are cut from the same cloth.   

Won't be many left on this site soon as these 'dickheads' will be gone and anyone new will be too scared to voice an opinion.

Not sure where the oxidation pond is located anymore with rhetoric like this. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Couldn't disagree more. Basil has his own thoughts and the thread about winning the KPC was legendary. 

No wonder they fire up with crap like like that.

Won't be many left on this site soon as these 'dickheads' will be gone and anyone new will be too scared to voice an opinion.

Not sure where the oxidation pond is located anymore with rhetoric like this. 

Who the fuck do you think you are to set yourself up as a school teacher talking down to a naughty child? You talk to me like that offline and you're fucking history. Safe online huh.

Happy for you to disagree with me. I was just relaying the history I have with him which you have chosen to impose yourself into. 

Edited by Joe Kidd

Let’s call a truce, and stop arguing amongst ourselves.

We came over from the Darkside to get away from that crap.

The Darksiders have come across just to stir us up and they are starting to do that!

We Wont let them get to us, what we should do is just not respond to JJ/Fart Too Much,  Basil, Cross Dresser and the normal antagonists!

Let them try and disrupt us, but if we don’t respond then they may just piss off!

The Darkside still mention the intelligent posters on here, so that is clearly a sign that they are missing our intelligent postings!

Lets just give it a go!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Joe Kidd said:

Happy for you to disagree with me.

Umm, did you read what you just wrote above in your post above? So you are happy for me to disagree with you but I am fucking history?

23 minutes ago, Joe Kidd said:

Who the fuck do you think you are to set yourself up as a school teacher talking down to a naughty child? You talk to me like that offline and you're fucking history. Safe online huh.

And who gives you the right to call people crossdressers, tell them to stop rimming and saying I am fucking history?

And you would deal to me if I talked to you like that face to face? That is good to know. You are like that Pound4Pound guy. Abusive and threatening. God, it is like being back on Racecafe. 

• Like 1