Bit Of A Yarn

Marring

Yankiwi

I believe greyhounds could get away with murder, right up the police mans (RIU's) nose.

Race 3 in Auckland... Watch the head-on into the corner.

The #1 gives the #8 the eyeball, continues to run straight (look at the foot prints on the track), they takes the #8 out with a head & body check. The #8 stayed focused on the lure the entire time.

Greyhounds top Steward must have seen it a different way.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13045/stewards-report.aspx

MAJIK MIKADO (1) - Was in contact into the bend and again rounding the bend and was unbalanced briefly on both occasions.

image002.jpg.1ee3aabb4539231b48ea1b4a9e1f3560.jpg

image004.jpg.ba77011aba8f2fe2b11928d181df5aaa.jpg

Edited by Yankiwi

Might have known Whiterod was in charge, this is typical reporting from the Greyhounds "Top Steward" who  really should have been  long  gone. His reporting as to the actual facts of these two dogs is incorrect, while only subtle,  the 1 dog did Marr the 8 dog and in my opinion if the 1 dog had minded it's own business  8 wins  by a couple lengths. A warning at least would have been in order but the excuse given of inclusivness to the 8 dogs connections was typical    

• Like 3

Well I'll tell you what (and I was begining to think I'd never say this).

I am actually gaining some respect for the RIU because of the efforts of the Stewards (mosty Rick Quirk from memory) at Addington.

He's been actually watching the video replays & rightfully charging dogs for marring/FTP. He's even been able to get the charges to stick via the JCA when challenged.

Attention people, we finally have a steward that actually is enforcing the rules as they are written!

Well done yet again Mr. Quirk.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13044/stewards-report.aspx

2) SHADY BANJO (C Weir) was stood down for 3 months (2nd offence) after marring another runner during the running of Race 3. An investigation was opened into the conduct of Trainer Mr C Weir when exiting the Stewards room following discussions regarding this Greyhound. 3) OPAWA SLEDGE (R Wales) was stood down for 28 days under Rule 55.1.b. after failing to pursue the lure during Race 13. 4) CULVIE CHAIRMAN (A Hart and K Taylor) was stood down for 28 days under Rule 55.1.a after marring another runner during Race 11.

Interesting to note that Calum Weir is being investigated re his conduct leaving the Stewards room. Mr Rick Quirk was the Head Stipe but I notice Scotty Wallis was the Deputy on this occaision. Isn't Mr Wallis the very same steward that is now engaged to Calums Ex girlfriend?    Tricky stuff me thinks :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cichlid said:

Interesting to note that Calum Weir is being investigated re his conduct leaving the Stewards room. Mr Rick Quirk was the Head Stipe but I notice Scotty Wallis was the Deputy on this occaision. Isn't Mr Wallis the very same steward that is now engaged to Calums Ex girlfriend?    Tricky stuff me thinks :) 

This is what happens when you let your private life interfere with your work. It compromises your judgment. It was the intelligence gained through the girlfriend that set the drug testing sting held on the Trainers at Addington 18 months ago. The whole episode reeked.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

This is what happens when you let your private life interfere with your work. It compromises your judgment. It was the intelligence gained through the girlfriend that set the drug testing sting held on the Trainers at Addington 18 months ago. The whole episode reeked.

This is one of the major issues in the NZ greyhound industry. Too much conflict of interest occurring at all levels. Whether it be the stipes favouring certain trainers and only applying rules when they see fit,  relationships between stipes and licensed holders, board members supplying drugs knowing they won't be tested for or people in administration putting their own interests before the industry. It's so unprofessional. If I conducted myself the way some of these people do in greyhounds, i'd never get another job in my own profession. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

So, in race 5 at Addington yesterday, the Steward put out the #5 dog for marring.

With that action in the corner, did the Steward forget to look at the actions of the #8 dog in the home straight?

I have to agree. The 10 won as 8 didn't go straight 

8 hours ago, JasonMc said:

I have to agree. The 10 won as 8 didn't go straight 

The 8 was busy easing to look over its shoulder. The exact reason that FTP is written into the rule book.

Sorry punters, but if the blinkers weren't enough of a warning signal to you, the Steward took it even one step further & looked after the interests of the dog/owner/trainer, not the GRNZ rule book which is there to help protect your investment.

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

Are you telling me the 8 didn't get a holiday. The 8 was not chasing, and clearly looking out in the home straight at the 4. Once the 8 hit the front it put the brakes on and waited for the 4 dog to draw level.

EXTROVERTED (2) - marred by inside runner rounding the bend and fell to the track. Referred to the Veterinarian and cleared of injury.
GOLDSTAR GALAXIE (4) - forced down the track early stages. Bumped with inside runner entering the home straight.
CHAT YA LATER (5) - bumped early stages. Shifted up the track entering the bend marring outside runner. Stood down for 28 days and pending a satisfactory trial.
OPAWA PAM (6) - squeezed for room early stages losing ground.
TUI STYLE (7) - awkwardly placed on heels entering the bend and had to steady abruptly.
OHOKA TESS (8) - bumped and checked by outside runner entering the home straight being turned inwards.
SUPER STEVIE (10/3) - bumped with outside runner exiting the bend.

SO BASICALLY BLAMING THE OUTSIDE DOG FOR MAKING IT FTP, LOAD OF RUBBISH

• Like 2

6 hours ago, aquaman said:

Are you telling me the 8 didn't get a holiday. The 8 was not chasing, and clearly looking out in the home straight at the 4. Once the 8 hit the front it put the brakes on and waited for the 4 dog to draw level.

The Steward told you he didn't put out the #8.

I merely pointed out his ultimate decision.

Edited by Yankiwi

Guest CrossCodes

Judicial report: 1) Supplementary Report: Christchurch GRC - 16th October 2018 - The Investigation into the manner in which Owner/Trainer Ms A Waretini conducted herself during the Christchurch GRC's meeting on the 16th October 2018 has been concluded. As a result of the investigation Ms Waretini admitted a breach of GRNZ Rule 62.1(f)(i) in that she used improper, insulting or offensive language in spoken form towards, or in relation to a Steward, with a hearing set down by the JCA for Saturday 27 October 2018. 2) OHOKA TESS (A Waretini) has completed 10 clear runs since being suspended under Rule 55 on 8 June 2018 with this suspension now cancelled as per Rule 55.7 

so now this dog who should have been put out out has not only  got away with it, but also had its previous marring charge slate wiped clean.

sounds like the trainer maybe has an attitude problem and the stewards just didn't want to deal with any more hassle.

Guest CrossCodes

MR. CHANG (8) - shifted down the track at the jump impeding inside runner. Shifted up the track and Marred outside runner rounding the bend. Came down the track exiting the bend colliding with inside runner.Turned head inwards prior to the finish line free of interference. Stood down for 3 months and pending a satisfactory trial for Marring.

This serial offender came out agin for the new kennel and ruined another race I see.

Third trainer this dog has had, the connections obviously don't care about the dangers it posts to other dogs.

Being  an Opawa owned and McInerney trained dog no doubt it will find a loving home somewhere, I wonder who will keep an eye out to see where he ends up.