Bit Of A Yarn

Invercargill Tips May 5th

Happy Sunrise

Just working my way back into the punting so take anything I say with caution.

But, I thought Machitelli in Race 5 might be worth a look tomorrow from the draw. 15 FF and 3.50 FF, seems very backable odds. Especially the place. Hasn't had the best of runs recently but hasn't been far away and should appreciate the number 1 draw tomorrow. Could it trail Just Dance from the get go?

She won her first start like a good horse from draw 1 and hasn't had a real good draw since. She heads into her 7th start with saddlecloth 1 so maybe the time is ripe for her to get some form back.

Thoughts? Anyone got anything else?

• Like 1

R8-5 Black Ops.Was as green as grass last time out when running 2nd,but does have a heap of ability.Will probably start a warm fave again,but if his mind is on the job he can put distance on them.

R3-7 Superfast Ninja.Got it all wrong last week,but does have ability.If she steps and trots the whole way then she'll go close.Also their is lots of talk around for the #9 Full Noise who was very impressive at the trials,only slight queary is a 2yr old having its first start in a standing start race,but the motor is there...if that at and the 7 trot the whole way.they are probably the best quinella of the day.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Gosh...Kakama...I couldn't catch u after the run I got....

Cast A Shadow was tough as.

As for Machitelli, not flash, but taking a trail and having a sleepy run would have been nice.

Thought you were gonna bomb me 50m out Happy, fought well. Bold Ruler no luck in the last, Splash cola couldn't sprint late. 

Good that we nailed a fee today boys, well done.

• Like 3

On 5/05/2018 at 10:03 AM, Mardy said:

R8-5 Black Ops.Was as green as grass last time out when running 2nd,but does have a heap of ability.Will probably start a warm fave again,but if his mind is on the job he can put distance on them.

R3-7 Superfast Ninja.Got it all wrong last week,but does have ability.If she steps and trots the whole way then she'll go close.Also their is lots of talk around for the #9 Full Noise who was very impressive at the trials,only slight queary is a 2yr old having its first start in a standing start race,but the motor is there...if that at and the 7 trot the whole way.they are probably the best quinella of the day.

Dead on Mardy, well picked.