NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Consensus?

Well, as usual the know all is labeling this a good thing today? 

Not sure why, regardless of his B/S spin on its previous runs, it’s a one paced mare, that seems past its best. 

Connections should have sent it to Aussie earlier on, have it trained there,  could have picked up some easy races. Waller has got a few runners in field, so holds the aces, winner will come from them. 

As for Consensus, it will battle on, but won’t finish in top 5. 

Dont worry thou, will be plenty of excuses after race from you know who. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Crucible said:

Apparently its in the top 5 WFA horses in Australasia, on a good track, over 2000m, going right handed,  with a barrier draw inside of 6, with a genuine pace, ...........

Only finished 8 lengths from Winx too, sadly most of the field finished closer. 

• Haha 1

Haven't followed the hype this time around. While I don't doubt there's been plenty  -  even if others agree NM that she's one-paced and past her best - I'd be proud as punch if I owned her and would happily install her in my broodmare paddock ... 

(like us not choosing our relatives - horses don't choose their connections - so I won't hold anything against the mare ?)

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Crucible said:

Apparently its in the top 5 WFA horses in Australasia, on a good track, over 2000m, going right handed,  with a barrier draw inside of 6, with a genuine pace, ...........

And with a south westerly wind blowing and when the race is run in a month ending in 'y'

Sorry couldn't resist

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Well, as usual the know all is labeling this a good thing today? 

Not sure why, regardless of his B/S spin on its previous runs, it’s a one paced mare, that seems past its best. 

Connections should have sent it to Aussie earlier on, have it trained there,  could have picked up some easy races. Waller has got a few runners in field, so holds the aces, winner will come from them. 

As for Consensus, it will battle on, but won’t finish in top 5. 

Dont worry thou, will be plenty of excuses after race from you know who. 

i thought this was one  of the weakest races she has met over there

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, jess said:

Haven't followed the hype this time around. While I don't doubt there's been plenty  -  even if others agree NM that she's one-paced and past her best - I'd be proud as punch if I owned her and would happily install her in my broodmare paddock ... 

(like us not choosing our relatives - horses don't choose their connections - so I won't hold anything against the mare ?)

Agree jess, would be nice having her, can't hold anything against the horse.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Crucible said:

Top 5 in Australasia over 2000m but not so much over 1800m - bit short for her today?

I thought the horse whose first initial looks like an upside down M was the best horse over 2000?  So the consensus must be now top 15 if we total up the number of horses that have finished in front of it.

Poor thing will sleep well. Brain explosion of a ride, was only ever going to be a chance if it had a real good run. 

Cant blame her thou, a certain guy would have been chipping away at her for days telling her how good it was, so she rode it accordingly. 

Just wonder what the excuse will be, 

1, Too many horses in race? 

2, Too hard a run? 

3, Didn’t Eat up ? 

4, Off her water? 

5, Didn’t travel well? 

6, We couldn’t get any Nescafé? 

7, Didn’t want hard run, so eased up? 

8, Ran fastest last 600m ever anywhere? 

9, Ran fastest first 600m ever anywhere? 

10, Spider bit her? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Poisoned Dwarf said:

and some poor poster will suffer the consequences over at the Oxidation Pond tonight.........

Nobody has  mentioned anything, most would be scared shitless to knock the horse in case they get banned! 

Funny thing, he bagged Tom Melbourne, said it was weak? Finished 2nd ?

3 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Poor thing will sleep well. Brain explosion of a ride, was only ever going to be a chance if it had a real good run. 

Cant blame her thou, a certain guy would have been chipping away at her for days telling her how good it was, so she rode it accordingly. 

Just wonder what the excuse will be, 

1, Too many horses in race? 

2, Too hard a run? 

3, Didn’t Eat up ? 

4, Off her water? 

5, Didn’t travel well? 

6, We couldn’t get any Nescafé? 

7, Didn’t want hard run, so eased up? 

8, Ran fastest last 600m ever anywhere? 

9, Ran fastest first 600m ever anywhere? 

10, Spider bit her? 

I my opinion, simply at the end of a very long campaign.

She performed right up to her best in Sydney but I couldn’t believe it when I read that they were going on to Brisbane. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Nobody has  mentioned anything, most would be scared shitless to knock the horse in case they get banned! 

Funny thing, he bagged Tom Melbourne, said it was weak? Finished 2nd ?

Understatement of the year NM

"he’s got a heart the size of a caraway seed and he faints when he sees the wining post"

"I cannot forgive anyone who’d pick Tom Melbourne ( should be Tom Tasmania cos that’s where the professional loser belongs ) "

"Go Kimmy, give Tom the loser"

The connections of some of these horses that he bags(Kawi was another), must still be laughing at the tag he gives himself

Champion of racing's footsoldier

• Haha 2

And the "expert opinion" of Tee Cee* is that Volpe Veloce will struggle over there.  Unlike Consensus?    Wont be long before that opinion truns into another personal attack on the trainer, one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet.

*My new nickname for him, because any time his name is mentioned someone always says "That C**t?"

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ashley said:

And the "expert opinion" of Tee Cee* is that Volpe Veloce will struggle over there.  Unlike Consensus?    Wont be long before that opinion truns into another personal attack on the trainer, one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet.

*My new nickname for him, because any time his name is mentioned someone always says "That C**t?"

Yeah, did see that, poor old Volpe! 

Only went over to see what he had to say about yesterday’s run on his beloved Kimmy?? Nothing at all, run for cover stuff, strangely nobody else has mentioned it either? 

I did see there is  a super comp coming up, taking you to a warmer place? Did he purchase a sauna? ?