Bit Of A Yarn

Quaddie Carry Forwards?

When Quaddies first appeared, the pools were really good, and I took them most weekends. Lately pools, especially on harness, are poor. 

One thing that pisses me off, is the amount of carry forward money that the greedy tab fleece. If someone picks 4 winners, let them have whole amount, the inflated divs would make more punters wanting to chase them more, just like the terminating pick 6. The pools would be far better, which would result in less carry forwards. 

Come on tab, FFS try something new, otherwise nz quads will go the same as the piss poor place 6, treble & double pools. 

• Like 3

On ‎07‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:29 PM, Prankster said:

Two other solutions to improve quaddie betting.  Get rid of the place 6, trebles and doubles and likely quaddie pools will increase.  Stop being greedy and taking the extra 6% from local stuff and commingle the pools to increase their size.

Why?

Taking these bet types away does not mean that all the money invested in those pools will all go to investment in quaddies. If you miss the first leg of the quaddie then you can take a treble.

As for place 6s you can get great dividends on this type of bet.

Taking away bet types can mean a loss in financial terms to the industry. Just look at all the increase in sports options giving punters more and more choice as a way to increase turnover. What you suggest would mean the opposite. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

Trebles and double's are terrible bets as the TAB PLUNDER them with exorbitant takeouts. Because they are un comingled this gives the TAB license to rip into them.

Quaddies on NZ races are not commingled and have the same high takeouts.

On 14/07/2019 at 10:46 PM, Newmarket said:

When Quaddies first appeared, the pools were really good, and I took them most weekends. Lately pools, especially on harness, are poor. 

One thing that pisses me off, is the amount of carry forward money that the greedy tab fleece. If someone picks 4 winners, let them have whole amount, the inflated divs would make more punters wanting to chase them more, just like the terminating pick 6. The pools would be far better, which would result in less carry forwards. 

Come on tab, FFS try something new, otherwise nz quads will go the same as the piss poor place 6, treble & double pools. 

I don't know why anyone would take Quaddies on the Dogs or Harness there are some seriously short priced favs that come in that just ruin the payouts. 

The best quaddies to go for are in the Thoroughbred code with more competitive fields especially Vic racing on Saturdays, which can be very difficult to find an anchor.

• Like 1