NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Mothers Day

Ashley

I was thinking about buying Mum a Cruise around the Med or a new car but then I saw a full page ad in the paper today promoting shares in a racehorse filly as an ideal present.  Only $31,395 for 10%.

Bit worried about what it will cost Mum in future but otherwise seems like a nice present?  What do people think?

2 hours ago, Turny said:

If mum can ride it in work each day that will help reduce costs and keep her fully involved, but Mr Waller would need to be convinced

All the best to you and mum

I thought it was Mr Ellis but thank you :) 

1 hour ago, hesi said:

Michael Pitman is advertising shares in 3 horses on this site

Interesting how his ad says 3rd in the premiership with a comparatively small stable.  Is that true?  Compared to what?

I would have thought he'd be in the top 3 or 4 stables in terms of runners/starters.

13 minutes ago, The Crucible said:

Interesting how his ad says 3rd in the premiership with a comparatively small stable.  Is that true?  Compared to what?

I would have thought he'd be in the top 3 or 4 stables in terms of runners/starters.

I wrote the advert so my apologies if I got it wrong.  Pitty doesn't race as many as those in front of him on the premiership table.  So in my view he has a "comparatively small stable".

• Like 2

I notice the same horse on the Te Akau website is advertised at $230,000 which turns out is the purchase price in Australian dollars.   This is a bit misleading as it converts to NZ$247,000 and the actual price per share equates to NZ$313,000 including GST.

13 hours ago, Double R said:

According to N.Z.Racing,The Pitmans' have 62 horses in work, Baker/Forsman 292, TeAkau  124, Marsh 144.

Cheers.

Robert.

Thanks Robert - that's an interesting comparison.

When you look at data I just found on NZR site on total starts in the current season  (Pitman 419, Marsh 437, Te Akau 409) they look a little out of whack with the number of horses in work.  Either Pitman's numbers in work are down on their usual level at the moment or on average their runners have a lot more starts.  Maybe a combination of both as he does tend to run his horses a few times at various carnivals.

Pitman has on average only 35 horses in training throughout the year!

Marsh and Pike 80 to 90, Baker/Forsman 100+.

It must be remembered that the Pitman stable would have a higher percentage, that race consistently, as he gets a lot of castoffs from the NI ready to go, hence the high number of starters relative to stable size. 

Having said I believe that the Pitmans are punching well above their weight and are to be congratulated on a fantastic season. 

And on another note, nor am I in any way denigrating Marsh, Pike or Baker/Forsman, I am simply using them in comparison.

There are plenty of other large stables as well such as Te Akau, Team Rogerson etc.

P. S. Expect a major announcement (at any moment) about a change of trainer at Te Akau! (I wonder where Steve is going?)

• Like 2

Ashley, a bloody good question!

Why? Maybe pressure!

We are all getting a bit older, as is Stephen, and as we age, who really needs pressure? 

I await the spin.

P.S. He’s done a super job for Te Akau in my opinion. 

Edited by Dark Beau
  • Like 2

On 6/05/2018 at 6:33 PM, Ashley said:

From what I hear I think you are right.   Maybe forget that idea and buy Muma new car.

give her a food voucher at headquarters i hope she hasnt got tattos on her arm be a waste of money she will be kicked out

• Haha 3