Bit Of A Yarn

$1k limit for betting and collecting- What issues?

Brodie

12 minutes ago, Brodie said:

So they can damn well still do that, split to $999.

It is totally about the TAB having control of everyone that wagers with them and not money laundering at all or they would’ve run with the actual AML Act amount of $10k.

The NZ TAB are not about being fair or upfront, they haven’t been for a long time now.

What correspondence have you had with the tab and the dia in regards to the amount and who decided on it? Are you stating facts or opinion?

If it’s so easy to get around, why have you spat the dummy and started multiple threads about it?

24 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You have never had to show ID to collect $1k from a winning bet at all.

Not sure all my collects previously have been from TAB account refunded to bank account from which I had to show ID. I collected in cash this time to see what was the difference and was the same. Produced ID and got the money.

It may be a different procedure depositing money (more than 1K) or collecting from a ticket or voucher but I am guessing show ID and get the money. 

For me was a 30 second transaction to show ID and collect.

This weekend I will try to deposit $1000 in cash at a different TAB and see what happens. Any reason why you can not test this yourself Brodie?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tonkatime! said:

What correspondence have you had with the tab and the dia in regards to the amount and who decided on it? Are you stating facts or opinion?

If it’s so easy to get around, why have you spat the dummy and started multiple threads about it?

Geez, if you bet $999 the TAB will know you are being a smart arse and just restrict your bey to buggerall.

Then when you collect from the $999 winning ticket you have to identify yourself and they know who it is that put on the $999.

Tonka, if you haven’t been in the situation of being restricted for a long time, then you probably just don’t get it.

They allow some people to put $10k on and others next to nothing, fairness is not in the TABs vocab!

1 hour ago, Nowornever said:

Not sure all my collects previously have been from TAB account refunded to bank account from which I had to show ID. I collected in cash this time to see what was the difference and was the same. Produced ID and got the money.

It may be a different procedure depositing money (more than 1K) or collecting from a ticket or voucher but I am guessing show ID and get the money. 

For me was a 30 second transaction to show ID and collect.

This weekend I will try to deposit $1000 in cash at a different TAB and see what happens. Any reason why you can not test this yourself Brodie?

Nowornever, of course you have to show ID to withdraw money from someone’s TAB account, yes you always have had to.

You have never had to show ID to cash in a winning ticket, and now you have to, and why is this?

Because the TAB wants to know who the winning punters are, and if it is regular then they will restrict you.

Chances are that if you haven’t been restricted up to now, then you probably won’t be restricted in the future.

The fact is that with the new BS rule, the restricted punters have no show of getting any reasonable amount on at agencies and the bigger punters are going to just not have a go, unless, they are a compulsive gambler.

3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You have never had to show ID to cash in a winning ticket, and now you have to, and why is this?

Because the TAB wants to know who the winning punters are, and if it is regular then they will restrict you.

If you are cashing in a winning ticket pretty hard to restrict you if you have already won. Keep betting under the $1000 limit and no issues

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nowornever said:

If you are cashing in a winning ticket pretty hard to restrict you if you have already won. Keep betting under the $1000 limit and no issues

Sorry, You obviously have never been restricted or know how the TAB operate, so it is a waste of time explaining it to you, as you seem to have trouble comprehending what goes on, when punters what a reasonable bet on!

14 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Sorry, You obviously have never been restricted or know how the TAB operate, so it is a waste of time explaining it to you, as you seem to have trouble comprehending what goes on, when punters what a reasonable bet on!

So you are telling me I can not go into a TAB and put $240 (In three separate $80 bets) to win on a horse paying $12.00 and collect $960 three times maybe at different locations.

Hang on I have just collected $2880 and not had to use ID. What sort of sorcery is this!

No that is not what I am saying at all and you know it.

What I am saying is that if I put $999 on something they will know who I am when I collect as it will be over $1K and that is absolutely nothing to do with money laundering!

If you have not been restricted then you will not understand what tactics and lengths they go to to make things hard for restricted punters!

If you are collecting under $1k you wont have to show ID, but if you are betting 3 lots of $80, you are not a big punter, and aren’t a worry to the TAB!!!

18 hours ago, Nowornever said:

i don't think he would be able to bitch and moan if he took the easy option and got around this

• Like 1

The TAB advertises that they are concerned about punters who lose money, however these are the only punters that they want.

Reality is that they should just advertise that they only want mug punters betting with them.

To refuse to allow certain punters from entering the KPC competition is just plain BS again.

Flawed business model from NZ TAB is to the detriment of racing in NZ.

• Champ Post 1

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

The TAB advertises that they are concerned about punters who lose money, however these are the only punters that they want.

Seems true. They say they care about losing punters but they want you the most and, really, couldn't give a flying monkey's about how much you lose to them. The concern is tokenism at best. 

Reality is that they should just advertise that they only want mug punters betting with them.

Hence, why am I am a valued customer ?

To refuse to allow certain punters from entering the KPC competition is just plain BS again.

The TAB run a propaganda marketing campaign to those involved enough to see it. The KPC is just another example. They spout come and win big but as soon as you do, you are shown the door. There is $150 000 up for grabs and they are concerned about certain punters from winning money. Their margins must be bloody tight these days.

5 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Flawed business model from NZ TAB is to the detriment of racing in NZ.

It is like a retrenchment policy out of the Great Depression. 

• Champ Post 1

17 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

clearly at odds with what the brodster claimed

FFS Ranga, are you serious?

Restricted punters are being refused entry to the KPC, how the hell is that at odds to what I said?????

Go for a run Ranga and get your BS out of your system for the day!

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

FFS Ranga, are you serious?

Restricted punters are being refused entry to the KPC, how the hell is that at odds to what I said?????

Go for a run Ranga and get your BS out of your system for the day!

i am using butchers post and that is clearly at odds with your claim