Bit Of A Yarn

Shooters hill

BitofaLegend

15 minutes ago, gambler said:

He needs to get on his bike and hike it. He's a cheat. How the fuk he ever got a license after the Cole photos. He's a hero in the waikato. All the old ladies love him. 

Food for thought....

I'm among the many that believe it is Sam in the photos. I haven't had any reason to second guess my initial opinion.

That said, Maxine has come out and said that it's not Sam & she does know who it actually is (in her opinion), but did not name who she thought it was.

Maybe she is correct?

Surely if GRNZ believed it was Sam in the images they wouldn't have signed off on his training application, but then again, it would be the Board that makes the decision & we all know of their track record....

30 minutes ago, Bettingman said:

I was told it was someone called Ivan in the photo that used to work for Cole ?

https://www.grnz.co.nz/News.aspx?NewsID=2377

“I’m real proud of what we are achieving and I’m very grateful for the great staff we have. My girls (daughters Georgia and Ella), Sam Lozell, Ivan Howe and his daughter, plus Maddie (granddaughter of southern industry participants Roy and Georgina Hamilton), who is studying at Massey University all contribute to our success,” advised Cole.

I have had dogs die of a heart attack during training gallops, and they were fit staying dogs, and they did not have drugs in their system. It does happen, and I do not think dogs dropping dead at the lure at the end of a hard race is anything unusual. All Greyhounds face this risk during hard exercise, especially those with dicky hearts. Dogs are not born equal when it comes to the heart, some are just susceptible to having a weak heart. Just my thoughts on it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

I have had dogs die of a heart attack during training gallops, and they were fit staying dogs, and they did not have drugs in their system. It does happen, and I do not think dogs dropping dead at the lure at the end of a hard race is anything unusual. All Greyhounds face this risk during hard exercise, especially those with dicky hearts. Dogs are not born equal when it comes to the heart, some are just susceptible to having a weak heart. Just my thoughts on it.

Had the same thing happen to a dog a few yrs ago. Had to get an autopsy done myself and they never found anything out of the ordinary so would not be surprised

• Like 1