NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Waikato Times

Brown fox

I can't believe also that people would still rely on hard copy for form analysis.

If you expanded out the amount of form on Racenet, you would need a whole newspaper just to fit it all in.

I guess still a lot of people around who are not au fait with using a computer let alone accessing the internet.  I've tried to talk my neighbour, an old racing man, into using it, to no avail

9 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Agree, canceled paper couple of years ago, do same as you. 

But many older folk don’t have wifi, so these are about the only ones buying the paper. 

If they switched from buying the paper every day they could afford broadband internet access.

22 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

If they switched from buying the paper every day they could afford broadband internet access.

Chief, many old race goers would struggle with the tech side of the world. It was a struggle just to get the folks to use mob phone, never mind smart phone. 

Go back 10 years, I was in 4 weekly betting syndicates, 2 family, 2 work. I used to pay $10 to each per week, as did others. 10 in family synd, 20 in work synd, everyone, which we split up just before Xmas. We used to bet over $30k a year, not bad really.

The older members, that ran them, pulled out. They couldn’t get the form in their trusty newspaper, then trackside got pulled free to air. 

I know what everyone is saying, I love looking on line, or printing fields, but I know for myself, you tend to do far more betting by yourself nowadays, rather than associating with others as much as previously. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Chief, many old race goers would struggle with the tech side of the world. It was a struggle just to get the folks to use mob phone, never mind smart phone. 

Go back 10 years, I was in 4 weekly betting syndicates, 2 family, 2 work. I used to pay $10 to each per week, as did others. 10 in family synd, 20 in work synd, everyone, which we split up just before Xmas. We used to bet over $30k a year, not bad really.

The older members, that ran them, pulled out. They couldn’t get the form in their trusty newspaper, then trackside got pulled free to air. 

I know what everyone is saying, I love looking on line, or printing fields, but I know for myself, you tend to do far more betting by yourself nowadays, rather than associating with others as much as previously. 

I agree with what you are saying especially about Trackside free to air.  However the Newspaper corporates charge extraordinary fees for printing form.  

• Like 1