Bit Of A Yarn

Methven Cup Day Sunday

Happy Sunrise

Cup field looks good at the nomination stage. All Stars brigade will be off 30m by the looks of it. 

If it is a bit damp and heavy underfoot would you start The Fixer first up on grass over 3000m off a mark?

What are the odds on Chase Auckland getting away cleanly?

No Dunn horses and no A G's White Socks.

image.thumb.png.a3a54fdc9a37d70a6280f103dc9d02e5.png

14 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Cup field looks good at the nomination stage. All Stars brigade will be off 30m by the looks of it. 

If it is a bit damp and heavy underfoot would you start The Fixer first up on grass over 3000m off a mark?

Little pocket rocket mare Clasina Maria has been waiting for a grass race for a month and connections will be praying Mark keeps his trio for another day.

Noms extended until tomorrow though so a few others might pop up.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

No classy brigade to keep the all stars honest from the front, interesting to see how grand Chico measures up

1 minute ago, Dougie said:

Little pocket rocket mare Clasina Maria has been waiting for a grass race for a month and connections will be praying Mark keeps his trio for another day.

Yes she will be at good odds if the thee a.s horses start but a huge place chance

1 hour ago, Dougie said:

Enough noms to run 16 races again. At least run 11 or 12 races like the good old days.

• Like 3

Massive fields for the punting competition except the Cup. I reckon some odds will be large so it will turn on its head each and every race, especially if it is wet as predicted.

The Cup itself is quality but the lack of standing start manners and grass track form is intriguing for a handful of them.

Wasn't it last year there was a big big punt on the FF for Airpark Flyer?

20 hours ago, Dougie said:

Hope the forecast is wrong

Me too. Seems like drizzle is the case rather than rain so should be ok....

I suppose the only consideration will be the twilight meeting in a few weeks time and if they chop up the new part of the track and the consequences of that.

• Like 1

R1 Beau Major - looks like he has ability and is only danger to The Guild

R2  Maranatha Atlas - Going rough and ignoring a few of my favourites like Appearance, Steel Dust, DD's but had enough of unruly horses. Atlas could end being 3 back on the inside and give them something to think about down the straight. Hasn't been far away and had no luck at Mot last time. I took the 8ff place earlier

R3 Prodigal Guinness-  is great money at 6ff. Had awful luck the last 2 and only has a couple of challengers in this race.  Mitchell Kerr has Better Fly in but he has only had the horse for a short time from John McDermott and has looked just ok at the trials so 3ff is little value.

R11 Doctor Tim - has taken a long time to get going this preparation but he is getting there and is back on a grass track which he likes. The last start at Timaru was pleasing considering he had a flat tyre and then locked wheels before the post but going again to be not too far away. May not win with Can I Be Me there but the 3 60ff is ok money for the place and may pay more the tote.

10 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

R1 Beau Major - looks like he has ability and is only danger to The Guild

R2  Maranatha Atlas - Going rough and ignoring a few of my favourites like Appearance, Steel Dust, DD's but had enough of unruly horses. Atlas could end being 3 back on the inside and give them something to think about down the straight. Hasn't been far away and had no luck at Mot last time. I took the 8ff place earlier

R3 Prodigal Guinness-  is great money at 6ff. Had awful luck the last 2 and only has a couple of challengers in this race.  Mitchell Kerr has Better Fly in but he has only had the horse for a short time from John McDermott and has looked just ok at the trials so 3ff is little value.

R11 Doctor Tim - has taken a long time to get going this preparation but he is getting there and is back on a grass track which he likes. The last start at Timaru was pleasing considering he had a flat tyre and then locked wheels before the post but going again to be not too far away. May not win with Can I Be Me there but the 3 60ff is ok money for the place and may pay more the tote.

R5  Rebel Kibbybones

R6  Mr Midnight

R7  Clachanburn

R9  Clasina Maria