Bit Of A Yarn

BLINKERS first time...The DEFINTIVE stats..,

Thomass

1 hour ago, mardigras said:

A) I never listen to trainers.

B) I don't understand why you think I got it so badly wrong. I didn't say it would win. I suggested it had a better chance than 6%. I don't think it is able to be proven whether it had a better or worse chance than that.  If you think that means I got it so badly wrong then that's your view. Like your view on blinkers, your view hasn't got a lot of credibility. Just a bunch of opinions backed up by nothing to date.

I'm very happy for people to have a different view to me. But at least back it up with 'something'.

? You are absolutely full of it.  

7 hours ago, All The Aces said:

? You are absolutely full of it.  

And you prove my point. With again, nothing.

Thanks.

Something so easy and so much a factor. And yet, still not one horse even.

I may be full of it. When you go to the doctor and he gives you a diagnosis. You probably tell the doctor they are full of it as well. Next time do your own diagnosis since you think you know so much.

On 26/10/2019 at 12:24 PM, All The Aces said:

Beautiful.  ?

Onya ATA...some real notables the last few days...

AILEEN GRACE had them back on Friday and killed them at 11's...her best form last season was when she raced in them on Premier days in a higher R 75 class...

...and her course stats were impeccable...I had her (after excuses...some idiots don't bother with that) at least placing in her 7 starts there...now 3 wins...

Of course the major turnaround was Cheif Sequoyah...turned a plodding R 65 1 win neddy into a Listed Stakes Winner....

You watch...the 'Statsman' will pull something out of his 'Stars' that says it ran faster in a maiden race

ya gotta laugh at the ignorance of some 'punters'

On 25/10/2019 at 2:52 PM, mardigras said:

The only trainer in recent times to have put blinkers on and return a positive ROI is none other than Darren Weir. Just a superior trainer I guess.

Were talking about PERFORMANCE here sunnytops...not ROI's....

...although a neddy can produce outstanding ROI's when being UNLUCKY with Blinkers On...nek start wins after relly relly strange 'form analysts' ignore unlucky runs and apply Blanket rigid rules...

next

36 minutes ago, Thomass said:

AILEEN GRACE had them back on Friday and killed them at 11's...her best form last season was when she raced in them on Premier days in a higher R 75 class...

...and her course stats were impeccable...I had her (after excuses...some idiots don't bother with that) at least placing in her 7 starts there...now 3 wins...

Of course the major turnaround was Cheif Sequoyah...turned a plodding R 65 1 win neddy into a Listed Stakes Winner....

You watch...the 'Statsman' will pull something out of his 'Stars' that says it ran faster in a maiden race

Who knew. Obviously Stephen Marsh (someone point out this thread to him). Had to win to get a shot at getting into the NZ Cup.

Hunted out to lead, always travelled well and plan went to perfection.  

Good day for the Ben Foote with Travelling Light wining the Soliloquy Stakes and also having ownership in Chief Sequoyah along with his father.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomass said:

Can you post a screen shot of your bets.  Of course removing any identifying information.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Thomass said:

Were talking about PERFORMANCE here sunnytops...not ROI's....

...although a neddy can produce outstanding ROI's when being UNLUCKY with Blinkers On...nek start wins after relly relly strange 'form analysts' ignore unlucky runs and apply Blanket rigid rules...

next

No, we're talking about the ability to identify a performance change due to gear - before the races. Something unseen on this thread yet. But again some more examples after the event that you were too shit scared to put up before the races. Because you're a fraud.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Can you post a screen shot of your bets.  Of course removing any identifying information.

Thanks.

Here's one for you Chief. I don't tend to bet on NZ races or on NZ TAB, but here's one I had a small interest in yesterday. This one had blinkers on again. But I can guarantee I didn't back it because it was wearing blinkers. Thomass probably thinks this one won due to blinkers as well.

Let's see one from Thomass. Don't hold your breath.

COTrentham.thumb.jpg.6d973b0e9a9ce9e26ac219bd58ef564a.jpg

8 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Here's one for you Chief. I don't tend to bet on NZ races or on NZ TAB, but here's one I had a small interest in yesterday. This one had blinkers on again. But I can guarantee I didn't back it because it was wearing blinkers. Thomass probably thinks this one won due to blinkers as well.

Let's see one from Thomass. Don't hold your breath.

COTrentham.thumb.jpg.6d973b0e9a9ce9e26ac219bd58ef564a.jpg

Thanks you just showed how easy it is to prove you won.  I don't expect anything from Thomaas.  But then again we won't see the complete ledger.

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

Thanks you just showed how easy it is to prove you won.  I don't expect anything from Thomaas.  But then again we won't see the complete ledger.

Are you wanting the full ledger from me? I'm pretty sure I have provided 100% conclusive proof I win overall. Happy to prove that again. Of course then I'd get the usual abuse about supposedly being an arrogant wanker. 

I put this up because it is a classic example of the type of horse Thomass will claim after the races in his usual post race crap. Yet they aren't likely winning due to blinkers and more importantly, he can only find the ones that won with blinkers after the event. Which is the entire problem. We've all witnessed first hand that he is incapable of identifying these blinkered winners before the races.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, All The Aces said:

Who knew. Obviously Stephen Marsh (someone point out this thread to him). Had to win to get a shot at getting into the NZ Cup.

I guess you'll be throwing Gerald Ryan out as someone who didn't know. After Bottega ran in the Bondi Stakes yesterday. You lot are hilarious. Post race crap. Same crap, different day. Give it a rest, you've proven you know sfa on the topic.

• Haha 1

some real notables the last few days... 

two of the biggest races over the last few days, the Manikato and the Cox Plate. Easy pickings for the 'L' with Loving Gaby and Lys Gracieux. 

Over in Ascot we had the obvious one in Lorentino - and at 15s if you don't mind.

Closer to home, it was a field day at Ricaarton with Leaderboard rounding out the day after La Romanee had cleaned up paying 13s!

Just so easy. 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Thanks.

Already done that...and in the 'tips' department the TIPPING MASTERCLASS continues on...

I shouldn't have to continually show just how good I am....

...or prove how ridiculous it is to suggest its like "tipping everything beginning with 'L'

17 hours ago, mardigras said:

No, we're talking about the ability to identify a performance change due to gear - before the races. Something unseen on this thread yet. But again some more examples after the event that you were too shit scared to put up before the races. Because you're a fraud.

I'll tell you what a fraud is...

....encouraging Punters to "do the opposite" and 'invest' on Whanganui rails runners on H 11 tracks...

...the single most stupidest advice you and Bazz have promulgated among a shit load of fake promulgations...

Baldrick has more cop the f on

8 minutes ago, Thomass said:

...or prove how ridiculous it is to suggest its like "tipping everything beginning with 'L'

I think you've well proven to everyone that  it's exactly like tipping everything beginning with 'L'. You and ATA may be the only ones that can't see that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mardigras said:

some real notables the last few days... 

two of the biggest races over the last few days, the Manikato and the Cox Plate. Easy pickings for the 'L' with Loving Gaby and Lys Gracieux. 

Over in Ascot we had the obvious one in Lorentino - and at 15s if you don't mind.

Closer to home, it was a field day at Ricaarton with Leaderboard rounding out the day after La Romanee had cleaned up paying 13s!

Just so easy. 

Wtf..I can understand wee Cee and bogan Bazz supporting your nonsense of 'L''s but Freda?

Perhaps she missed the whole point....

If I've identified a superior Black type performer racing back in inferior class...with recent excuses such as 'unlucky' in recent starts...(something you ignore due to you being too thick and/ or blind) 

...which activates the 'value' component...where said trainer identifies their neddy as needing Blinkers...after trailing said gear in training...

...so I simply add 20% to the Stake invested...

ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with population stats and 'investing' on L's

Totally preposterous fake b/s idiocy its comparable...

4 minutes ago, curious said:

I think you've well proven to everyone that  it's exactly like tipping everything beginning with 'L'. You and ATA may be the only ones that can't see that.

Unfortunately you can't understand the concept of blinkers improving a horse...

Remember your quote?

"prove they make horses go faster"

Almost as stupid as the Whanganui rails bias...which I'm predicting you're a purveyor of as well...

...tell im wrong Baldrick

6 minutes ago, curious said:

He sure has. They are identical scenarios. Because both scenarios produce some winners. But neither scenario tells you which ones will deliver before the races are run. That has been what the discussion is about. Show us mere mortals how to find the winner with blinkers on - before the races. Not after. Yet they can't seem to grasp something that has been the topic from day one.

20 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Remember your quote?

Pretty valid expectation. And pretty easy to do. Compare the performance relative to benchmarks for the blinkered performance versus the others. 

You assert they make the horses go faster, yet you are unable to provide any proof. No wonder no one believes you - let alone the need to know which ones are going to run faster before the event. Do you think Gerald Ryan thought Bottega would run faster in the million dollar race on Saturday. Didn't he know? When one wins, you go on about how the trainer knows. Get your mate Hayes to have a word with Gerald.

Edited by mardigras

15 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Unfortunately you can't understand the concept of blinkers improving a horse...

Remember your quote?

Almost as stupid as the Whanganui rails bias...which I'm predicting you're a purveyor of as well...

...tell im wrong Baldrick

Of course I understand the concept of blinkers improving a horse. It's the same as renaming them with a name beginning with 'L'. Next time some will go faster and some will go slower but on average they will perform the same. Even if on average they went faster, it's useless information unless we know which ones and by how much they will improve. You seem to be able to predict that AFTER the race and explain the improvement with blinkers because their addition is correlated to the improved performance. There's so many things wrong with that it's ridiculous.

17 hours ago, mardigras said:

Are you wanting the full ledger from me?

No not at all I was referring to the Thomaas.  At the end of the day it isn't profitable to back every horse that meets his so called "blueprint" otherwise he is only helping to fund the industry at a greater rate than anyone else.  So if he does make a profit over time (which I somehow doubt) he must use similar methods such as you and Curious to determine value and relative performance.