Bit Of A Yarn

Awapuni - off on the inside?

54 minutes ago, Thomass said:

But if they're taking readings...why aren't they giving this to PUNTERS who run the game?...

No extra costs...push the button...

Push the button and the data goes where?

54 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Automatically downloads to ANY website...

No it doesn't - development will be required.  Also transformation of the data for presentation.  Storage of the data.  You will want historical data to give the data meaning.

19 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Push the button and the data goes where?

No it doesn't - development will be required.  Also transformation of the data for presentation.  Storage of the data.  You will want historical data to give the data meaning.

I'm sorry you can't read...

Its a VERY simple process and click of a button stuff

Youre getting far too technically confused about this...

e.g if a course on a day has a reading of  Rail 2.0...3M 2.5....6M 2.5....

Punters will know the Rail has received less water and will MORE THAN LIKELY be faster...

In fact ITS THEIR RIGHT to use these readings as they wish and no correspondence will be entered into....

..and they won't get "confused" which is what Oatham used as an excuse...

Heres the simplicity of it all just for you...

note "communications strategy "....read TRANSPARENCY

"Detailed data, which can assist with track preparation where necessary, is presented in the form of a map that can be distributed by email and published via weblinks and social media. It is regarded as an important element of the communications strategy employed by major racecourses worldwide." 

It's funny how you're so anti everything...

Previously you said how you AGREE these readings should be provided

Is it because you aren't allowed to DISAGREE elsewhere on childish picking competition sites who hide their 'tips' under a rock in case Bazz's p/l 'tips' are found out...

...to be losing in 2 examples he tried...

pffffftt

7 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Its a VERY simple process and click of a button stuff

Youre getting far too technically confused about this...

Thomaas you remind me of the "free loaders" that sit down at the Kohi Cafe with their designer dogs reading the free newspaper, spending 2 hours there and only buy a bowl latte.  The dog drinking out of the stainless steel bowl provided by the cafe.  You have no idea what it costs the owner of the Cafe to provide you with this "service."  All of it costs - even the view isn't technically free as the poor owner has to pay rent for the space on the footpath for the tables and chairs.  You probably hook into their "free" WiFi with your clown proof tablet so you can write the crap you post.

Dare I say the same applies to your "free-loading" on BOAY.  Many complain about the advertisements yet only a few have dodged the gorse in their pockets and helped to pay for the "service" that you frequently abuse.  Being the self-proclaimed expert punter I'm sure you could afford to buy a subscription.

Anyway back to the GoingStick and the "simple process and click of a button stuff"...  Again it COSTS and it isn't simple to provide what you want - the data is collected in .csv format, the GoingStick itself doesn't have WiFi so someone has to load it to a networked PC - that requires software.  Then the .csv file (raw data) has to be loaded to a website for downloading by those who want it.  Websites and the networks that connect to them - guess what - COST!  That .csv file would be useful to some but not you.  You would require the next stage using the software developed by the producers of GoingStick - GoingMaps - that COSTS!  To automate all that specifically for the websites that provide betting information e.g. LoveRacing (I hate that branding!) and the TAB would require software development - more COSTS!

Yes - some trainers, punters, and other interested stakeholders get that information sent to them "automatically" in the UK.  But guess what they PAY for that service.

The information is automatically stored in the GoingStick memory and an average of all readings can be provided instantly.

PC downloadThe data can be downloaded on to a PC using the TurfTrax GoingStick software (left) and is saved as a .csv file. The GoingStick data can be printed off for viewing in raw data format or can be used in conjunction with the TurfTrax Mapping system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Thomaas you remind me of the "free loaders" that sit down at the Kohi Cafe with their designer dogs reading the free newspaper, spending 2 hours there and only buy a bowl latte.  The dog drinking out of the stainless steel bowl provided by the cafe.  You have no idea what it costs the owner of the Cafe to provide you with this "service."  All of it costs - even the view isn't technically free as the poor owner has to pay rent for the space on the footpath for the tables and chairs.  You probably hook into their "free" WiFi with your clown proof tablet so you can write the crap you post.

I think the same thing applies to him attending race meetings Chief, attends a few a yr, spends virtually nothing on food,drink etc, doesn't bet as all his betting is done the day after the meeting. Sits high up in the public stand perving at everyone & mentally criticising the shit out of everything and everyone, he cant do it vocally as its unlikely anyone would attend with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomass said:

It's funny how you're so anti everything...

Previously you said how you AGREE these readings should be provided

No, I've agreed that information such as this is a good idea - in general. 

It isn't a good idea here since the industry is failing and doesn't have money to waste on frivolous things - especially things that won't add revenue beyond the cost.

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Dare I say the same applies to your "free-loading" on BOAY.  Many complain about the advertisements yet only a few have dodged the gorse in their pockets and helped to pay for the "service" that you frequently abuse.  Being the self-proclaimed expert punter I'm sure you could afford to buy a subscription.

Anyway back to the GoingStick and the "simple process and click of a button stuff"...  Again it COSTS and it isn't simple to provide what you want - the data is collected in .csv format, the GoingStick itself doesn't have WiFi so someone has to load it to a networked PC - that requires software.  Then the .csv file (raw data) has to be loaded to a website for downloading by those who want it.  Websites and the networks that connect to them - guess what - COST!  That .csv file would be useful to some but not you.  You would require the next stage using the software developed by the producers of GoingStick - GoingMaps - that COSTS!  To automate all that specifically for the websites that provide betting information e.g. LoveRacing (I hate that branding!) and the TAB would require software development - more COSTS!

Yes - some trainers, punters, and other interested stakeholders get that information sent to them "automatically" in the UK.  But guess what they PAY for that service.

The information is automatically stored in the GoingStick memory and an average of all readings can be provided instantly.

PC downloadThe data can be downloaded on to a PC using the TurfTrax GoingStick software (left) and is saved as a .csv file. The GoingStick data can be printed off for viewing in raw data format or can be used in conjunction with the TurfTrax Mapping system.

Oh so that was you looking down your nose at me while scoffing your alphabet spaghetti?

No wonder they provided a bib for you...

So MANY excuses...such B/S

Just FYI...the current Pren readings are WRITTEN down...

IMAGINE if you willl...I know it's hard being an old codger who doesn't like being INFORMED...

A SIMPLE az modern phone has the capacity to take a screenshot of said readings...

..and post it DIRECTLY on line...WTF knew?

So take your rubbish 'tech' ideas...and SHOVE it

39 minutes ago, Thomass said:

A SIMPLE az modern phone has the capacity to take a screenshot of said readings...

..and post it DIRECTLY on line...WTF knew?

So take your rubbish 'tech' ideas...and SHOVE it

Free-loader Thomaas - someone still needs to download the data, someone still needs to transform it, someone still needs to take picture of a screen and put the screen shot online somewhere.  All cost.

As for taking a screen shot - sort of defeats the purpose of collecting the data doesn't yet?

I disagree with both you and Mardigras - I don't see the use to the punter in all the extra data.  You have no control over how it is used in the course of a race.  However if it gives a more accurate assessment of the track conditions then I'm for it.  But as the manufacturers of the GoingStick and its software have publicly it is not a foolproof system.  In your case it not being "foolproof" makes it even more useless to you.

15 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Chief, I haven't said there is a use for the information. I'm in support of information being shared on the basis there are punters out there that think this info will be useful. I'd have zero use for it myself.

As you were.  I was wondering how it fitted with your modus operandi.

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Free-loader Thomaas - someone still needs to download the data, someone still needs to transform it, someone still needs to take picture of a screen and put the screen shot online somewhere.  All cost.

As for taking a screen shot - sort of defeats the purpose of collecting the data doesn't yet?

I disagree with both you and Mardigras - I don't see the use to the punter in all the extra data.  You have no control over how it is used in the course of a race.  However if it gives a more accurate assessment of the track conditions then I'm for it.  But as the manufacturers of the GoingStick and its software have publicly it is not a foolproof system.  In your case it not being "foolproof" makes it even more useless to you.

Yea na

You haven't got a clue how they do it now...

The Track Manager gives the list to the RIU as it is now...who would simply take a screenshot and download to the NZTR site...

2 clicks of a button...=2 seconds...can you count Iron Stain?

Saying I have "no control over how it's used in a race" is easily the most STUPID thing you've said...

...and let's face it...you've written some real clangers old banger...

And now I have the reading from Awapuni the other day...

3.1on the rail...middle 2.6....

Who wouldn't want that before racing starts to help with Multis...

..instead of silly old Sweenz telling us it was "perfect"

Then hears AFTER the first

" oh hold it..the RIU said somewhere that the rails off"

FFS...and they wonder why Punters have gone to this

IMG_0880.JPG

RIDE OF THE WEEKEND

I had plenty to choose from whether it was at the Gold Coast or around the country on the weekend but the ride by James McDonald on Madam Rouge gets the top gong as the best of the weekend.

Madam Rouge drew barrier one in the Magic Millions Snippets 1200m which is usually ideal, except when the fence is like quick sand. J Mac saved every inch of ground before working his way off the fence to get to the better part of the track. In doing so he and Madam Rouge latched onto the back of one of the dangers Isaurian, and the rest is history.

MADAM ROUGE!

A thrilling finish and win from @mcacajamez in the $1M @mmsnippets Sprint.

Embedded video

Typical response Thomaas when you are being spanked.

48 minutes ago, Thomass said:

"worked to the better part of the Track"

Yep James Mac was on to it.  Who would have known - not you.

Let's assess this shall we:

1. Although it was briefly mentioned during the day that the inside was off.  You probably wouldn't have known.
  2. On that basis assuming Madam Rouge was your first pick you wouldn't have changed your bet nor the amount.  You win.
  3. If you had known the track was "off" you would have not backed Madam Rouge.  You lose.
  4. Either way you had no control over how the information was used.  You could say you outsourced the management of your bet to James Mac.  
  5. James Mac rode the horse perfectly.

Now if you had known the information prior to the race it is likely, given your blueprint, that you would have not bet or altered your bet.  You lose.

Oh my...

You're talking utter rubbish...

...the review show Jockeys were constantly mentioning how the Rail was a death zone...

...so you sight ONE example where Macca got lucky..whoop whoop

What about the other death rail runners who couldn't get lucky?

Punters have the right to know if the Rail's off..CLEARLY...

Many use Speed Maps these days which ties in perfectly with any superior knowledge of the best ground

You should inform any Jocks sticking the ground before the day..such as Allpress..she's wasting her time as well then..

Just let it go

So this time the RAIL was the FAST LANE...

Of course the morning interview with the Track Manager indicated...

"No worries Aidan...it'll play fear across the width"

FEAR alright...the Jocks FEARED anything 2/3 Widths from the HOT AZ RAIL..

The wind must've blown the irrigation all over the show...except the rail

Punters were entitled to know this from the START of the day then...

...and use those readings as they wish...ffs

• Like 1