R6 - Heavyweight Hero

R7 - Cheddar Valley

R8 - Dadndave

R9 - Thunderfromthethrone

R10 - Martin John

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

But still watching no doubt. 

No, never watched a race or had a bet. Disappointing show by the locals only a couple of placings each for Anne-Marie Best trained Valley Star and my old mate Gotta Ticket. Canterbury horses took home most of the loot. I am getting like my good friend Brodie and losing interest in harness racing. I expect most of those on display over the two-day meeting will still be in the same grade next year. Same slow horses at most meetings gets tedious. The only positive was the weather, hot as you would expect in Blenheim.

5 minutes ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

No, never watched a race or had a bet. Disappointing show by the locals only a couple of placings each for Anne-Marie Best trained Valley Star and my old mate Gotta Ticket. Canterbury horses took home most of the loot. I am getting like my good friend Brodie and losing interest in harness racing. I expect most of those on display over the two-day meeting will still be in the same grade next year. Same slow horses at most meetings gets tedious. The only positive was the weather, hot as you would expect in Blenheim.

I thought it was the most willing racing I have seen for a long time. 

Same slow horses at most meetings gets tedious...same fast horses at most premier meetings gets tedious too. At least, the races at Blenheim were highly competitive on the whole.

• Like 1

I was on track and it was a pretty good day.The weather played its part and i thought the racing was pretty good,food was better than it used to be in previous years and no doubt the club are happy with how their 100 year celebrations went.I managed to grab a few winners which made the day more enjoyable.

• Like 1

I think this is the 2nd-ish year they have done it here.I think the grass track racing seems to work,and yea im a fan of the grass track racing.It's a shame tho that we in Blenheim have to until this meeting next year for any harness action,seeing as for some unknown reason there is no winter meeting here in June.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mardy said:

I think this is the 2nd-ish year they have done it here.I think the grass track racing seems to work,and yea im a fan of the grass track racing.It's a shame tho that we in Blenheim have to until this meeting next year for any harness action,seeing as for some unknown reason there is no winter meeting here in June.

That's odd, they always used to follow Nelson in their June circuit, thats a long wait.

Yea it's very odd Shad.All i know is that someone from the club 'forgot' to apply for the June dates.Which seems very strange to me,they have been racing in June for as long as i can remember so how can you just 'forget'.I guess we'll never know the reason as to why.

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Yea it's very odd Shad.All i know is that someone from the club 'forgot' to apply for the June dates.Which seems very strange to me,they have been racing in June for as long as i can remember so how can you just 'forget'.I guess we'll never know the reason as to why.

Surely that couldn't be right, after all those years you would think it was a given, but yeah not likely to find out.

21 hours ago, Mardy said:

Surely, they would have gone back to the club and said do you want your regular days? 

18 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Can you explain that fully?

Was the racetrack being turned into school grounds?

There was strong talk a couple of years ago,that they wanted to merge the 2 colleges here into 1 school.And for a while Waterlea Racecourse was mooted as the likely venue,which wasn't exactly going well with some people around here.Anyway the powers that be at the track said the place isn't for sale,so talks of a school being built on the racetrack grounds kind of died away.While those talks were happening,i don't seem to recall any talks of where any future race meetings would be held here.Hopefully they won't restart talks of putting a school on the grounds,as it would be a shame to lose the racetrack,even tho they obviously don't want to race in June this year.

• Like 1