Bit Of A Yarn

Mark Purdon

5 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Tim Butt trained runners are still has some going around . My Field Marshall went around in Ballarat Cup the other day.

Only a shadow of former self with 3 starts without winning this summer, since had Heart Attack of some kind and pulled up in Miracle Mile 2019 a year ago.

2  years ago My Field Marshall won the 2018 Miracle Mile in 1.46.9 so is still the FASTEST horse ever in Southern Hemisphere.

Thanks mate. Field Marshall needs the right run to succeed, he is not a horse that can work much during the run, needs one crack at them then unbeatable. If not... curtains. 

4 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

no Tim is training winners every week 

Thanks mate. I thought he may have retired and let Anthony take over. Who will take over the reins when Tim and Antony retire? Doesn't seem to be any young Butts on the scene except K. Butt and she is only average driver at best in my opinion of course.

11 hours ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

Thanks mate. I thought he may have retired and let Anthony take over. Who will take over the reins when Tim and Antony retire? Doesn't seem to be any young Butts on the scene except K. Butt and she is only average driver at best in my opinion of course.

There just doesn’t seem to be many new ones coming thru from racing families at all, like there used to be.

Reality is that it is very hard to make a lot out of training horses nowadays and basically impossible for the young ones, with the cost of land etc.

No names mentioned but even some of our top trainers have had to have financial assistance from others or they wouldn’t be where they are!!

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

There just doesn’t seem to be many new ones coming thru from racing families at all, like there used to be.

Reality is that it is very hard to make a lot out of training horses nowadays and basically impossible for the young ones, with the cost of land etc.

No names mentioned but even some of our top trainers have had to have financial assistance from others or they wouldn’t be where they are!!

You are right my friend. Sarah O'Reilly would be an exception but she comes from a respected Mid Canterbury family in an area where harness racing is strong. I don't see any young family members from the likes of the T. Butt, McGrath. M Purdon, B. Purdon, R. May to keep the dynasties going. Once these households names go, and that may happen sooner than you think, harness racing will become a sideshow.

• Like 1

Heck,  so much for Aussie stewards being better than ours, must be asleep on the job. All of those big races Purdon has won over there, how many Interdoms and other Cups and  due to team driving,  doping and other crimes against humanity. Their doping detection systems must be all to hell as well.    Unless they are all Ned Kelly's and in on the punt.

• Champ Post 1

37 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Heck,  so much for Aussie stewards being better than ours, must be asleep on the job. All of those big races Purdon has won over there, how many Interdoms and other Cups and  due to team driving,  doping and other crimes against humanity. Their doping detection systems must be all to hell as well.    Unless they are all Ned Kelly's and in on the punt.

Heck Ronaldo , back to Juventus for you.

The disqualified list of persons here in Oz is about 100 foot long,  hahahaha. Those stewards don't muck around here.

Here in Qld our leading driver (Shane Graham) is still out DQ after 2 years, for running and handling. Grant Dixon took over then, as leader then his wife Trista got a year for team driving in a race as well. She has Just resumed driving again in Dec.

swabbing and pre-race blood tests are STILL being conducted every meeting. Surely the same in NZ ????? If your unfounded accusations of doping are true, they would be caught/ detected for sure. What are you using ??

6 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Heck Ronaldo , back to Juventus for you.

The disqualified list of persons here in Oz is about 100 foot long,  hahahaha. Those stewards don't muck around here.

Here in Qld our leading driver (Shane Graham) is still out DQ after 2 years, for running and handling. Grant Dixon took over then, as leader then his wife Trista got a year for team driving in a race as well. She has Just resumed driving again in Dec.

swabbing and pre-race blood tests are STILL being conducted every meeting. Surely the same in NZ ????? If your unfounded accusations of doping are true, they would be caught/ detected for sure. What are you using ??

What ??   Can you not spot someone being cynical.  Agreeing with you for Heaven's sake, I'm  sorry if it went over your head. 

What I was attempting  to say was if there had been half the skullduggery  some accuse him of , like team driving to win big races in Australia, he would have spent more time on the sideline than he ever did training or driving. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

What ??   Can you not spot someone being cynical.  Agreeing with you for Heaven's sake, I'm  sorry if it went over your head. 

What I was attempting  to say was if there had been half the skullduggery  some accuse him of , like team driving to win big races in Australia, he would have spent more time on the sideline than he ever did training or driving. 

You scored a goal there Ronaldo, I didn't pick up on that cynical approach at all. Blossom has got me rattled, lol

One big race win in Oz, if I was a steward, where you would of seen the team driving was the GOAT Lazarus winning Perth Interdominion in Dec 2017.

Nothing wrong with Mark's drive at all, won it easily. But Chris Lewis on 'Have Faith In Me" was only in it, and only attempting to block / obstruct/ get in the way of as many opponents as possible, which worked out well. holding up LennyShark, chicagoBull etc.

He ran last as the sacrifice of course, driving like that, and nothing said.

3 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

You scored a goal there Ronaldo, I didn't pick up on that cynical approach at all. Blossom has got me rattled, lol

One big race win in Oz, if I was a steward, where you would of seen the team driving was the GOAT Lazarus winning Perth Interdominion in Dec 2017.

Nothing wrong with Mark's drive at all, won it easily. But Chris Lewis on 'Have Faith In Me" was only in it, and only attempting to block / obstruct/ get in the way of as many opponents as possible, which worked out well. holding up LennyShark, chicagoBull etc.

He ran last as the sacrifice of course, driving like that, and nothing said.

I bet she has got you rattled lol detection barns are a killer of your favourite stable gammalite

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

I bet she has got you rattled lol detection barns are a killer of your favourite stable gammalite

Yes very good , I am still smarting as to how many here think they can out-drive Nat and Mark. But dreams are free.

I guess they are my favourite stable as in performance. didn't help on the punt though with was looking at a massive collect on Tiger Tara 2 NZ cups ago , and Nat THE FIXER bloused it by 1/2head . Thanks Nat !!!! not.

As for detecting irregularities, surely they would be convicted like anyone else if something detected ?? I did 6 months once with a little steroid detection Lol. but got to see the neighbourhood on a delivery truck for a while hahaha

• Like 1

On 27/01/2020 at 11:26 PM, Gammalite said:

Lucky in the Interdominion trot final Akld no stablemates in the bloody way to stop Mark winning.  Goooo Winterfell !!! 

Winterfell my arse. Had MM taken the passing lane instead of wanting to lug outwards Winterfell was toast and would have had MM,s dust in its eyes as it bloused on by. We have drawn badly again in the GSS, but it may be a blessing in disguise as those up front pour it on leaving the swoopers to appear late. Tornado Valley the likely leader in one of the best collection of trotters to run around in a very long time.

We can only hope for a decent run in transit. as he deserves a big one.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Winterfell my arse. Had MM taken the passing lane instead of wanting to lug outwards Winterfell was toast and would have had MM,s dust in its eyes as it bloused on by. We have drawn badly again in the GSS, but it may be a blessing in disguise as those up front pour it on leaving the swoopers to appear late. Tornado Valley the likely leader in one of the best collection of trotters to run around in a very long time.

you will win globe

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

would have, could have, should have ..... 

what about the NZ RECORD set by Winterfell on 6th Dec 3.20.5 with many (all) runners struggling lengths behind as Mark sitting there quiet as a churchmouse. maybe someone would have , could have , should have beaten him then as well. 

Then the Interdominion Final as short priced favourite and well deserved Win.

and then the National trot as well for a beautiful hat-trick in 3.21.2 on New Years Eve. would have, could have........

Even the most hating Allstars people have to admit that is a Pretty Impressive 2700m Hat-trick??? . Nz record as the icing.

Very lucky for the' best collection of trotters' you mentioned they have settled for that hat trick without going to GSS with Winterfell, 

and hope your arse is ok. 

9 hours ago, Gammalite said:

would have, could have, should have ..... 

what about the NZ RECORD set by Winterfell on 6th Dec 3.20.5 with many (all) runners struggling lengths behind as Mark sitting there quiet as a churchmouse. maybe someone would have , could have , should have beaten him then as well. 

Then the Interdominion Final as short priced favourite and well deserved Win.

and then the National trot as well for a beautiful hat-trick in 3.21.2 on New Years Eve. would have, could have........

Even the most hating Allstars people have to admit that is a Pretty Impressive 2700m Hat-trick??? . Nz record as the icing.

Very lucky for the' best collection of trotters' you mentioned they have settled for that hat trick without going to GSS with Winterfell, 

and hope your arse is ok. 

Yeh Gamma, touche ,but being Australian we are used to you guys dribbling out of both sides of the mouth. Unfortunately they spoilt a good arse when they put teeth in yours.;)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Yeh Gamma, touche ,but being Australian we are used to you guys dribbling out of both sides of the mouth. Unfortunately they spoilt a good arse when they put teeth in yours.;)

Hahaha well Globe , good to see you have balls to go with your Arse, and showing some true kiwi spirit there. good for you mate.

Would have , could have , should have ....... great phrases used by both you and me often in this game of harness racing over the years , as well as by any combo of drivers, trainers, owners AFTER nearly every race to some degree, and especially by Grand Stand drivers criticising champions of the sport .The amazing 'Blossom Lady' disappeared and couldn't answer the 'What would/ could he have done better at all? question, regarding Mark and Nat after leading off this thread. No Balls.

At least you had a vision of 'dust in the eyes' , no good dying wondering. maybe this week? best of Luck

51 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Hahaha well Globe , good to see you have balls to go with your Arse, and showing some true kiwi spirit there. good for you mate.

Would have , could have , should have ....... great phrases used by both you and me often in this game of harness racing over the years , as well as by any combo of drivers, trainers, owners AFTER nearly every race to some degree, and especially by Grand Stand drivers criticising champions of the sport .The amazing 'Blossom Lady' disappeared and couldn't answer the 'What would/ could he have done better at all? question, regarding Mark and Nat after leading off this thread. No Balls.

At least you had a vision of 'dust in the eyes' , no good dying wondering. maybe this week? best of Luck

she will be back to answer you so lookout she will cut you to threads  lol

• Haha 3

On 30/01/2020 at 5:36 AM, Gammalite said:

Why would I bother replying to someone whose English is as low as their level of integrity. Though as you are an Australian no surprise that you turned out to be a cheat.

Still laughing at you trying to compare what Dixon does at Albion Park( although keep hearing he is a protected species there with his Seymour connection) and colt thirty one to the AllStars in what was the total domination era.

colt thirty one can't even win on a Saturday night up there and we all saw how far behind the all star stable he was at the recent ID.

My original post on this topic was full of sarcasm and the results of the last 3 weeks in Victoria have confirmed my original suspicions that the Allstar horses were running only on natural ability, hence why she drove Chase Auckland so cold that she almost froze.

• Like 1

On 28/01/2020 at 9:24 AM, Gammalite said:

Tim Butt trained runners are still has some going around . My Field Marshall went around in Ballarat Cup the other day.

Only a shadow of former self with 3 starts without winning this summer, since had Heart Attack of some kind and pulled up in Miracle Mile 2019 a year ago.

2  years ago My Field Marshall won the 2018 Miracle Mile in 1.46.9 so is still the FASTEST horse ever in Southern Hemisphere.

I have serious doubts of your claims of being a horseman if you think he had a heart attack in mm.

a fibrillation is a long way from a heart attack. It wouldn't surprise me to horses bounce back from a fibrillation and win a week later.

11 hours ago, Blossom lady said:

I have serious doubts of your claims of being a horseman if you think he had a heart attack in mm.

a fibrillation is a long way from a heart attack. It wouldn't surprise me to horses bounce back from a fibrillation and win a week later.

Dead right Blossom, I was only a horseman last century, but still enjoy Australian (and New Zealand) harness racing This century too.

Something you should try one day. Is better than hate, jealousy spite or sarcasm.

As for My Field Marshall , well after his heart malfunction? hope that term works for you , he has bounced back into the winners circle last Saturday night at Menangle !!!! well done to him , I must of bought him luck giving him a discredit serve on here hahahaha 

11 hours ago, Blossom lady said:

Why would I bother replying to someone whose English is as low as their level of integrity. Though as you are an Australian no surprise that you turned out to be a cheat.

Still laughing at you trying to compare what Dixon does at Albion Park( although keep hearing he is a protected species there with his Seymour connection) and colt thirty one to the AllStars in what was the total domination era.

colt thirty one can't even win on a Saturday night up there and we all saw how far behind the all star stable he was at the recent ID.

My original post on this topic was full of sarcasm and the results of the last 3 weeks in Victoria have confirmed my original suspicions that the Allstar horses were running only on natural ability, hence why she drove Chase Auckland so cold that she almost froze.

Thank you for bothering to reply Blossom . This is a forum and that's the name of the game.

Not sure why my English bothers you so much?  BTW. Colt Thirty One should be capital's in your post  lol. (just kidding )

Hell yeah, plenty of Cheats over here, the list is very long. Weir didn't help the racing caper much at all either , Mood's is coming back in training soon  too. Hope you are faring better in NZ with the cheats ? What is Inca anyway???

Colt Thirty One not TOO bad , 3/4 mil prizes, Vic Derby beating 2 of Marks, and won the Christmas Cup recently. Not Bad really?

You are definitely right as just like Allstars, Grant Dixon having the millionaire Backing s gives you 'Lots of Stock" to work with. Great !!!

Talk about Chase Auckland on the other thread where you said it is over-rated , so the Cold Drive was warranted then ? Pretty good effort to run 3rd with an over-rated horse. Top Drive 10/10 from me.

On 29/01/2020 at 9:29 PM, hunterthepunter said:

you will win globe

Disappointing effort from Majestic Man. Despite his draw he should have gone better than that if he is as good as the connections and trainer claim. It is starting to look like he is an overrated horse who is destined to be close to winning a G1 but no cigar always in the money but not take major stake. I know he is young for a trotter but is there much more improvement in him realistically? I doubt either MM or Oscar Bonavena will ever rise to the heights of the likes of Icandoosit or Stent?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Thank you for bothering to reply Blossom . This is a forum and that's the name of the game.

Not sure why my English bothers you so much?  BTW. Colt Thirty One should be capital's in your post  lol. (just kidding )

Hell yeah, plenty of Cheats over here, the list is very long. Weir didn't help the racing caper much at all either , Mood's is coming back in training soon  too. Hope you are faring better in NZ with the cheats ? What is Inca anyway???

Colt Thirty One not TOO bad , 3/4 mil prizes, Vic Derby beating 2 of Marks, and won the Christmas Cup recently. Not Bad really?

You are definitely right as just like Allstars, Grant Dixon having the millionaire Backing s gives you 'Lots of Stock" to work with. Great !!!

Talk about Chase Auckland on the other thread where you said it is over-rated , so the Cold Drive was warranted then ? Pretty good effort to run 3rd with an over-rated horse. Top Drive 10/10 from me.

cold drive gammalite why is that???? or is it no race day bruce

2 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

cold drive gammalite why is that???? or is it no race day bruce

Blossom and I were discussing somewhere in this thread the drive on Chase Auckland for 3rd in Ballarat Cup. Blossom is of the opinion that Nat 'froze' with a Cold Drive (it wasn't me) but I thought differently. I thought a very good drive and would of won 20m further on.